The 5 Richest counties in the US...vol. NoVA STAND UP!!

Originally Posted by likethematrix

but at the end of the day you still in the boonies where no stars, athletes or generally bad ++#%#++ live, visit or ever want to go.

and those figures are inflated by the millionaires and billionaire (singular) that live in that county.

*+%* if pasadena didnt have projects we would be number 1.

laugh.gif
what the he'll are you talking about. Alot of ********, wiz, and mats live in nova.I swear dudes just start tying w/o having a clue.And bad chicks are everywhere

but at the end of the day you still in the boonies where no stars, athletes or generally bad ++#%#++ live, visit or ever want to go.

and those figures are inflated by the millionaires and billionaire (singular) that live in that county.

laugh.gif
what the he'll are you talking about. Alot of ********, wiz, and mats live in nova.I swear dudes just start tying w/o having a clue.And bad chicks are everywhere

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

where's Bergen County, NJ at?!
foreal and also its nice to see another titans fan on here aside from baseball we like the same teams

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

where's Bergen County, NJ at?!
foreal and also its nice to see another titans fan on here aside from baseball we like the same teams

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

I've lived in Howard County (Columbia) for a while but I never understood why people would want to live there unless they work close by. Great schools and all as mentioned (only benefit I can see), but its terribly inconvenient in terms of location. A majority of the residents commute to DC for work and travel time takes 1.5 hours + (6:30 am for mornings or 4:00 pm in afternoon) by car to travel no more then 30 miles. A good amount go towards Baltimore for work, which makes sense to live in HoCo, because that takes no more than 25 mins rush hour traffic. I guess I'll never figure it out...
Born and raised in Columbia too and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I love having been raised here and am extremely grateful that my parents worked hard to keep me here. I can understand the not wanting to live in Howard County if you work IN DC though, due to our lack of a Metro stop. But when I was little my dad commuted to Bethesda everyday and now commutes to Greenbelt everyday and he says it's not that bad. But then again he goes into work around 8-8:30 and usually doesn't leave until about 6:30.

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

I've lived in Howard County (Columbia) for a while but I never understood why people would want to live there unless they work close by. Great schools and all as mentioned (only benefit I can see), but its terribly inconvenient in terms of location. A majority of the residents commute to DC for work and travel time takes 1.5 hours + (6:30 am for mornings or 4:00 pm in afternoon) by car to travel no more then 30 miles. A good amount go towards Baltimore for work, which makes sense to live in HoCo, because that takes no more than 25 mins rush hour traffic. I guess I'll never figure it out...
Born and raised in Columbia too and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I love having been raised here and am extremely grateful that my parents worked hard to keep me here. I can understand the not wanting to live in Howard County if you work IN DC though, due to our lack of a Metro stop. But when I was little my dad commuted to Bethesda everyday and now commutes to Greenbelt everyday and he says it's not that bad. But then again he goes into work around 8-8:30 and usually doesn't leave until about 6:30.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Ok, say if I stay in this area when I get older and I don't live in Fairfax county, but I want to send my kids to school out there. What should I do?
Apply for a transfer very early.

Ok, say if I stay in this area when I get older and I don't live in Fairfax county, but I want to send my kids to school out there. What should I do?
Apply for a transfer very early.

Nassau county knockin' at the door at the number 11 spot.

Taxes here are killing me though. I pay a bit over 12k a year in property taxes for a 60' x 100' lot.

Nassau county knockin' at the door at the number 11 spot.

Taxes here are killing me though. I pay a bit over 12k a year in property taxes for a 60' x 100' lot.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

With the metro being built out to Reston I'm sure you're right DoubleJs I forgot bout that. It's just gonna get further and further out. Now they just need a metro out to Woodbridge!

eek.gif
 I had no clue metro is being built out in reston.....I'm up on the Tysons project, but with the DC metro area growing, I just wonder how expansive the train system will be in 15-20 years....

*Off subject, we'll have a ******** Super Bowl win under Dan Snyder before they have a metro stop in G'Town
laugh.gif

No doubt about that.  THEY aren't going to let Georgetown fall to pieces like Largo Blvd did and other places by opening up a metro stop there. 

and to that, i say, Good.
A metro stop through GTown 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

With the metro being built out to Reston I'm sure you're right DoubleJs I forgot bout that. It's just gonna get further and further out. Now they just need a metro out to Woodbridge!

eek.gif
 I had no clue metro is being built out in reston.....I'm up on the Tysons project, but with the DC metro area growing, I just wonder how expansive the train system will be in 15-20 years....

*Off subject, we'll have a ******** Super Bowl win under Dan Snyder before they have a metro stop in G'Town
laugh.gif

No doubt about that.  THEY aren't going to let Georgetown fall to pieces like Largo Blvd did and other places by opening up a metro stop there. 

and to that, i say, Good.
A metro stop through GTown 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I read this earlier today. NoVa and Howard county been winning.

Whatever happened to MoCo
frown.gif
frown.gif
 falling behind

Sucks, I live in MoCo and I see it becoming less and less wealthy.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

I read this earlier today. NoVa and Howard county been winning.

Whatever happened to MoCo
frown.gif
frown.gif
 falling behind

Sucks, I live in MoCo and I see it becoming less and less wealthy.

Use a relative's address (if you have family that lives in Fairfax)....or look for some sort of scholarship to a private school.  

Pretty much.. My mom used my Aunt's address info when she moved to Fairfax County so she could remove me from a DC school & put me into a better one out in VA. 
To put it all in prespective, fairfax county has it's pockets of poverty... but w/ football players, politicians, Computer Tech's & Business moguls living out in VA for the most part (i lived near & went to school w/ Bush's niece, Colin powell's son... etc etc) Fairfax, & NOVA in general are pretty well off. a few years ago Fairfax was ranked #3 on this list.

In the DMV you have Rich & then you have poor imo, creating the high median

Use a relative's address (if you have family that lives in Fairfax)....or look for some sort of scholarship to a private school.  

Pretty much.. My mom used my Aunt's address info when she moved to Fairfax County so she could remove me from a DC school & put me into a better one out in VA. 
To put it all in prespective, fairfax county has it's pockets of poverty... but w/ football players, politicians, Computer Tech's & Business moguls living out in VA for the most part (i lived near & went to school w/ Bush's niece, Colin powell's son... etc etc) Fairfax, & NOVA in general are pretty well off. a few years ago Fairfax was ranked #3 on this list.

In the DMV you have Rich & then you have poor imo, creating the high median

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

As a black male who went to Fairfax County schools, trust me, its not all its cracked up to be.
This... the advantages as far as school systems are there... but the same dumb +%$ I was doing in Columbus OH/DC/PG Maryland.... I & a good amount of other youngins were doing the same.
Honestly DC, if your question was sincere, go for a Charter HS in the city, but if you want to send your kids to a better public school, you should look out to deep Fairfax & schools like Robinson, Annandale...West Potomac & Edison have always been decent..but that "ENVIRONMENT" is still out there just not as heavy

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

As a black male who went to Fairfax County schools, trust me, its not all its cracked up to be.
This... the advantages as far as school systems are there... but the same dumb +%$ I was doing in Columbus OH/DC/PG Maryland.... I & a good amount of other youngins were doing the same.
Honestly DC, if your question was sincere, go for a Charter HS in the city, but if you want to send your kids to a better public school, you should look out to deep Fairfax & schools like Robinson, Annandale...West Potomac & Edison have always been decent..but that "ENVIRONMENT" is still out there just not as heavy

how would living near athletes affect your life in any way? and there are no bad $!!@*$% in the DMV..? take a trip out east my man.
laugh.gif

i'm surprised Montgomery County isnt on the list.. Chevy Chase/Bethesda alone should carry them. probably the richest area of that size on the East coast, short of pockets on the Upper East Side

Back
Top Bottom