The 5 Richest counties in the US...vol. NoVA STAND UP!!

*Pusha* I'm from Virginia where there aint ishh to dooo but coook *Pusha* 703 what it isss, fairfax

*Pusha* I'm from Virginia where there aint ishh to dooo but coook *Pusha* 703 what it isss, fairfax

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Sucks, I live in MoCo and I see it becoming less and less wealthy.
Not less wealthy but advancing at a much slower rate than the neighboring counties/cities.
I believe the median income is being destroyed in this Co. by the influx of immigrants to the area, specifically Wheaton, Langley Park, etc. My gf teaches kindergarten off of 193/Univ. Blvd, it is looking third world over there.
Word. That's why I keep it in Rockville, Bethesda/Chevy Chase and Silver Spring.

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Sucks, I live in MoCo and I see it becoming less and less wealthy.
Not less wealthy but advancing at a much slower rate than the neighboring counties/cities.
I believe the median income is being destroyed in this Co. by the influx of immigrants to the area, specifically Wheaton, Langley Park, etc. My gf teaches kindergarten off of 193/Univ. Blvd, it is looking third world over there.
Word. That's why I keep it in Rockville, Bethesda/Chevy Chase and Silver Spring.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Funny thing about Falls Church being #1 is that I went to Falls Church HS and that's considered one of the poorer schools in Fairfax county
laugh.gif
Because the HS is not in Falls Church City itself and most people that go there aren't from the actual city of Falls Church.

I just graduated and I do not wanna stay in Fairfax though. Traffic is awful and everybody's too uptight and concerned with impressing everyone else. Not much I like about the area other than it being close to DC.
My dude, it sounds like you want to move out of the DMV as a whole 
laugh.gif

Thats just how our area is bruh. Traffic is the WORST, but I pay no mind to those caught up in status and impressing others. 
Yea, I wasn't just talking about Fairfax I meant the whole area.
laugh.gif
I guess it's natural to get bored/fed up with a place if you've lived there for 20+ years. I dunno, once I lived in Europe for a few months I realized how much this area sucks in comparison. Not necessarily trying to move to a big city or anything, but I need a change of pace. 
Even though Blacksburg kinda sucked because there wasn't much to do, people down there are much more down to earth and cordial and if I need to drive somewhere I don't have to go through 20 traffic lights along 5 different cookie cutter shopping centers next to a bunch of soccer moms who can't drive in huge SUV's.
laugh.gif
I dunno, just in my interactions with people up here everybody has a sense of entitlement (which I guess makes sense given the subject of the original post). 

Also I can't even imagine how absurdly high the median would be if not for the large immigrant Salvadorian/Latino population. I don't mean this in a racist way; it's just a fact that on the whole their household income is not going to be near as high. Of course some of them are above that median too but where I live most are not. I'm just trying to point out that the 100k figure is somewhat misleading, as there a good deal of people here that are making even more. 

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Funny thing about Falls Church being #1 is that I went to Falls Church HS and that's considered one of the poorer schools in Fairfax county
laugh.gif
Because the HS is not in Falls Church City itself and most people that go there aren't from the actual city of Falls Church.

I just graduated and I do not wanna stay in Fairfax though. Traffic is awful and everybody's too uptight and concerned with impressing everyone else. Not much I like about the area other than it being close to DC.
My dude, it sounds like you want to move out of the DMV as a whole 
laugh.gif

Thats just how our area is bruh. Traffic is the WORST, but I pay no mind to those caught up in status and impressing others. 
Yea, I wasn't just talking about Fairfax I meant the whole area.
laugh.gif
I guess it's natural to get bored/fed up with a place if you've lived there for 20+ years. I dunno, once I lived in Europe for a few months I realized how much this area sucks in comparison. Not necessarily trying to move to a big city or anything, but I need a change of pace. 
Even though Blacksburg kinda sucked because there wasn't much to do, people down there are much more down to earth and cordial and if I need to drive somewhere I don't have to go through 20 traffic lights along 5 different cookie cutter shopping centers next to a bunch of soccer moms who can't drive in huge SUV's.
laugh.gif
I dunno, just in my interactions with people up here everybody has a sense of entitlement (which I guess makes sense given the subject of the original post). 

Also I can't even imagine how absurdly high the median would be if not for the large immigrant Salvadorian/Latino population. I don't mean this in a racist way; it's just a fact that on the whole their household income is not going to be near as high. Of course some of them are above that median too but where I live most are not. I'm just trying to point out that the 100k figure is somewhat misleading, as there a good deal of people here that are making even more. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

Well considering I haven't lived there since high school, I'd agree that it's somewhat boring, although it is a suburb, and most suburbs are like that. But LOL @ comparing Baltimore and Howard County. HoCo is a place to raise a family, with a strong education system, excellent real estate, and a great environment. Baltimore is a sewer in comparison.
Howard County is not a great place to raise a family. Places like Bethesda, MD and Arlington, VA are great places to raise kids. They have everything that Howard County has with the included access to a major city. You also said get a car, which in actuality will become the downfall of places like Howard County because of suburban sprawl. More and more people don't want to hop in a car to go somewhere anymore, the majority want access to decent public transportation, which Howard County does not have. These problems have been going on for years here but these idiots in charge (at least in Columbia) want to try to preserve what will make the area irrelevant in coming decades. They have been talking about commercializing Columbia's lakefront for years but have yet to do anything because of all the old !$$%% complaining how it will attract the wrong people.
The hell does any of that have to do with raising a family?
laugh.gif

Education system, environment, and real estate are the only pertinent issues people consider when choosing a place to settle down. 
roll.gif
@ you not taking into account location and access to a job in raising a family and if you are so worried about good schools, send your kid to a private school.

Why do you think Howard County is sparsely populated compared to Montgomery County and NoVA? Even surrounding counties like Baltimore, AA, even PG County have more families because of location and access to two major metropolitan areas. Those places may not have better school systems but you can find that cookie cutter, suburban environment in any of the nearby counties. Nobody wants to live in Howard County because its the middle of nowhere. I'm talking specifically Howard County here. Like I said, spots like Arlington and Bethesda %$@* all over Howard County with great schools, safe environments, and better real estate, while having more convenient access to the places people work.

Well considering I haven't lived there since high school, I'd agree that it's somewhat boring, although it is a suburb, and most suburbs are like that. But LOL @ comparing Baltimore and Howard County. HoCo is a place to raise a family, with a strong education system, excellent real estate, and a great environment. Baltimore is a sewer in comparison.
Howard County is not a great place to raise a family. Places like Bethesda, MD and Arlington, VA are great places to raise kids. They have everything that Howard County has with the included access to a major city. You also said get a car, which in actuality will become the downfall of places like Howard County because of suburban sprawl. More and more people don't want to hop in a car to go somewhere anymore, the majority want access to decent public transportation, which Howard County does not have. These problems have been going on for years here but these idiots in charge (at least in Columbia) want to try to preserve what will make the area irrelevant in coming decades. They have been talking about commercializing Columbia's lakefront for years but have yet to do anything because of all the old !$$%% complaining how it will attract the wrong people.
laugh.gif

Education system, environment, and real estate are the only pertinent issues people consider when choosing a place to settle down. 
roll.gif
@ you not taking into account location and access to a job in raising a family and if you are so worried about good schools, send your kid to a private school.

Why do you think Howard County is sparsely populated compared to Montgomery County and NoVA? Even surrounding counties like Baltimore, AA, even PG County have more families because of location and access to two major metropolitan areas. Those places may not have better school systems but you can find that cookie cutter, suburban environment in any of the nearby counties. Nobody wants to live in Howard County because its the middle of nowhere. I'm talking specifically Howard County here. Like I said, spots like Arlington and Bethesda %$@* all over Howard County with great schools, safe environments, and better real estate, while having more convenient access to the places people work.

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Let's not confuse "better real estate" with drastically overpriced real estate. My brother lived in Bethesda last year right by the Bentley dealership and Bethesda Row and all that.  $1100/month for a basement apartment. The house across the street sold for like $1M+. Backyard was maybe 10 sqft. and it was only renovated like ten years ago. I'd rather commute from Columbia or Ellicott City and get the same place for $600K tops.

To the dude in Scaggsville. I didn't even know that was Howard County.
laugh.gif
I always drive past the exit and I'm always like, "What the hell is that place?"

laugh.gif

roll.gif

Let's not confuse "better real estate" with drastically overpriced real estate. My brother lived in Bethesda last year right by the Bentley dealership and Bethesda Row and all that.  $1100/month for a basement apartment. The house across the street sold for like $1M+. Backyard was maybe 10 sqft. and it was only renovated like ten years ago. I'd rather commute from Columbia or Ellicott City and get the same place for $600K tops.

To the dude in Scaggsville. I didn't even know that was Howard County.
laugh.gif
I always drive past the exit and I'm always like, "What the hell is that place?"

DK Scaggsville is now Maple Lawn. I'm not going to lie that all those big %*@ town houses they built and that little town center is nice but not nice enough for me to ever live there (if I could afford it one day) . Its nice to look at but not worth how far away that place is and there still is nothing there. Its like a 15 minute drive from Columbia to there (unless you are flooring it...) and I would know, I take a commuter bus to Silver Spring everyday and the Maple Lawn is one of the stops.

And for the real estate in Bethesda, location, location, location. I work in downtown Bethesda and walk down the Row for lunch sometimes, and if your brother was living near the Row, he had access to everything and anything within walking distance. If Columbia had a downtown area like a Bethesda or Silver Spring, it would be a lot more attractive to people. Rouse was an idiot for building Columbia the way he did with no commercial center because its completely unsustainable.

DK Scaggsville is now Maple Lawn. I'm not going to lie that all those big %*@ town houses they built and that little town center is nice but not nice enough for me to ever live there (if I could afford it one day) . Its nice to look at but not worth how far away that place is and there still is nothing there. Its like a 15 minute drive from Columbia to there (unless you are flooring it...) and I would know, I take a commuter bus to Silver Spring everyday and the Maple Lawn is one of the stops.

And for the real estate in Bethesda, location, location, location. I work in downtown Bethesda and walk down the Row for lunch sometimes, and if your brother was living near the Row, he had access to everything and anything within walking distance. If Columbia had a downtown area like a Bethesda or Silver Spring, it would be a lot more attractive to people. Rouse was an idiot for building Columbia the way he did with no commercial center because its completely unsustainable.

And for the real estate in Bethesda, location, location, location. I work in downtown Bethesda and walk down the Row for lunch sometimes, and if your brother was living near the Row, he had access to everything and anything within walking distance. If Columbia had a downtown area like a Bethesda or Silver Spring, it would be a lot more attractive to people.
pretty much. Wisconsin which turns into the Pike has everything.

And for the real estate in Bethesda, location, location, location. I work in downtown Bethesda and walk down the Row for lunch sometimes, and if your brother was living near the Row, he had access to everything and anything within walking distance. If Columbia had a downtown area like a Bethesda or Silver Spring, it would be a lot more attractive to people.
pretty much. Wisconsin which turns into the Pike has everything.

I'm pretty sure Manhattan is number 2 in the country by per capita income...
And considering how many people live here, that is satisfactory
pimp.gif

(and yes I am a fangirl for my dirty little island but I also understand why some people hate it)

I'm pretty sure Manhattan is number 2 in the country by per capita income...
And considering how many people live here, that is satisfactory
pimp.gif

(and yes I am a fangirl for my dirty little island but I also understand why some people hate it)

And Columbia isn't exactly cheap either. Most of these new developments are going up with little to no land and they are looking for prices in high 400's and low 500's for like 3 bedrooms. I know I'd be like why the hell am I to pay that much for no land, a small amount of bedrooms in the middle of no where. Like I keep saying, my argument comes at Columbia/Howard County specifically. You can't tell me that you can't find the same environment, schools, and property in certain locations closer to DC. 

And Columbia isn't exactly cheap either. Most of these new developments are going up with little to no land and they are looking for prices in high 400's and low 500's for like 3 bedrooms. I know I'd be like why the hell am I to pay that much for no land, a small amount of bedrooms in the middle of no where. Like I keep saying, my argument comes at Columbia/Howard County specifically. You can't tell me that you can't find the same environment, schools, and property in certain locations closer to DC. 

laugh.gif

The article is talking about Falls Church City.

Falls Church High Schoool is in Fairfax County. George Mason High School, which serves Falls Church City, is one of the top rated high schools in the country.

Back
Top Bottom