The 5 Richest counties in the US...vol. NoVA STAND UP!!

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Funny thing about Falls Church being #1 is that I went to Falls Church HS and that's considered one of the poorer schools in Fairfax county
laugh.gif
Because the HS is not in Falls Church City itself and most people that go there aren't from the actual city of Falls Church.

The article is talking about Falls Church City.

Falls Church High Schoool is in Fairfax County. George Mason High School, which serves Falls Church City, is one of the top rated high schools in the country.

NOVA is always on those lists
pimp.gif

i worked in Fairfax one summer at the police hq

the houses across the street were amazing from what i could see...it was gated so i could never go in on my lunch break

NOVA is always on those lists
pimp.gif

i worked in Fairfax one summer at the police hq

the houses across the street were amazing from what i could see...it was gated so i could never go in on my lunch break

Originally Posted by ryair max 1

And for the real estate in Bethesda, location, location, location. I work in downtown Bethesda and walk down the Row for lunch sometimes, and if your brother was living near the Row, he had access to everything and anything within walking distance. If Columbia had a downtown area like a Bethesda or Silver Spring, it would be a lot more attractive to people. Rouse was an idiot for building Columbia the way he did with no commercial center because its completely unsustainable.
Yep. When I was in college I worked at Apple on the Row, EVERYTHING in that area. You want high-end shops? Hit up Friendship Heights. Ton of theaters within a 10 mile radius. 2-3 Apple stores within a half hour of each other. Ton of dining. Ton of book stores, coffee shops, great schools. Columbia is a proximity mine, so inconvenient.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Not less wealthy but advancing at a much slower rate than the neighboring counties/cities.
I believe the median income is being destroyed in this Co. by the influx of immigrants to the area, specifically Wheaton, Langley Park, etc. My gf teaches kindergarten off of 193/Univ. Blvd, it is looking third world over there.
Word. That's why I keep it in Rockville, Bethesda/Chevy Chase and Silver Spring.
Same here my friend.

And for the real estate in Bethesda, location, location, location. I work in downtown Bethesda and walk down the Row for lunch sometimes, and if your brother was living near the Row, he had access to everything and anything within walking distance. If Columbia had a downtown area like a Bethesda or Silver Spring, it would be a lot more attractive to people. Rouse was an idiot for building Columbia the way he did with no commercial center because its completely unsustainable.
Yep. When I was in college I worked at Apple on the Row, EVERYTHING in that area. You want high-end shops? Hit up Friendship Heights. Ton of theaters within a 10 mile radius. 2-3 Apple stores within a half hour of each other. Ton of dining. Ton of book stores, coffee shops, great schools. Columbia is a proximity mine, so inconvenient.

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Not less wealthy but advancing at a much slower rate than the neighboring counties/cities.
I believe the median income is being destroyed in this Co. by the influx of immigrants to the area, specifically Wheaton, Langley Park, etc. My gf teaches kindergarten off of 193/Univ. Blvd, it is looking third world over there.
Word. That's why I keep it in Rockville, Bethesda/Chevy Chase and Silver Spring.
Same here my friend.

Originally Posted by IamMD

I live in Columbia...I mean its not like DC, obviously, but I don't see how y'all say its so boring. lol I'm 20 minutes from Bmore and like 40 from DC. Out of the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to go there whenever.
basically

I live in Columbia...I mean its not like DC, obviously, but I don't see how y'all say its so boring. lol I'm 20 minutes from Bmore and like 40 from DC. Out of the hustle and bustle of the city, but close enough to go there whenever.
basically

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

The hell does any of that have to do with raising a family?
laugh.gif

Education system, environment, and real estate are the only pertinent issues people consider when choosing a place to settle down. 
roll.gif
@ you not taking into account location and access to a job in raising a family and if you are so worried about good schools, send your kid to a private school.

Why do you think Howard County is sparsely populated compared to Montgomery County and NoVA? Even surrounding counties like Baltimore, AA, even PG County have more families because of location and access to two major metropolitan areas. Those places may not have better school systems but you can find that cookie cutter, suburban environment in any of the nearby counties. Nobody wants to live in Howard County because its the middle of nowhere. I'm talking specifically Howard County here. Like I said, spots like Arlington and Bethesda %$@* all over Howard County with great schools, safe environments, and better real estate, while having more convenient access to the places people work.

Let's not confuse "better real estate" with drastically overpriced real estate. My brother lived in Bethesda last year right by the Bentley dealership and Bethesda Row and all that.  $1100/month for a basement apartment. The house across the street sold for like $1M+. Backyard was maybe 10 sqft. and it was only renovated like ten years ago. I'd rather commute from Columbia or Ellicott City and get the same place for $600K tops.

To the dude in Scaggsville. I didn't even know that was Howard County.
laugh.gif
I always drive past the exit and I'm always like, "What the hell is that place?"

Commute to where?  Are you talking about commuting from Columbia/Ellicott City to DC or Baltimore?  No thanks (if DC)....having a big house is great but having to sit in your car for 15+ hours during the workweek due to traffic doesn't make it worth it. 

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

The hell does any of that have to do with raising a family?
laugh.gif

Education system, environment, and real estate are the only pertinent issues people consider when choosing a place to settle down. 
roll.gif
@ you not taking into account location and access to a job in raising a family and if you are so worried about good schools, send your kid to a private school.

Why do you think Howard County is sparsely populated compared to Montgomery County and NoVA? Even surrounding counties like Baltimore, AA, even PG County have more families because of location and access to two major metropolitan areas. Those places may not have better school systems but you can find that cookie cutter, suburban environment in any of the nearby counties. Nobody wants to live in Howard County because its the middle of nowhere. I'm talking specifically Howard County here. Like I said, spots like Arlington and Bethesda %$@* all over Howard County with great schools, safe environments, and better real estate, while having more convenient access to the places people work.

Let's not confuse "better real estate" with drastically overpriced real estate. My brother lived in Bethesda last year right by the Bentley dealership and Bethesda Row and all that.  $1100/month for a basement apartment. The house across the street sold for like $1M+. Backyard was maybe 10 sqft. and it was only renovated like ten years ago. I'd rather commute from Columbia or Ellicott City and get the same place for $600K tops.

To the dude in Scaggsville. I didn't even know that was Howard County.
laugh.gif
I always drive past the exit and I'm always like, "What the hell is that place?"

Commute to where?  Are you talking about commuting from Columbia/Ellicott City to DC or Baltimore?  No thanks (if DC)....having a big house is great but having to sit in your car for 15+ hours during the workweek due to traffic doesn't make it worth it. 

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

basically
you must not work in the DC area if you say you can get there that fast whenever
laugh.gif
. It takes me 40 mins alone to get to downtown Silver Spring taking 29 South on a 5:30 am bus from the Broken Land Parking lots. If someone is taking the bus all the way into the city factor in another 20-30 mins actually getting through the city's residential areas to downtown. My morning commute isn't so bad but I usually leave work at 2:45 pm, and I'm getting home no earlier than 4:30. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SoundnFury

basically
you must not work in the DC area if you say you can get there that fast whenever
laugh.gif
. It takes me 40 mins alone to get to downtown Silver Spring taking 29 South on a 5:30 am bus from the Broken Land Parking lots. If someone is taking the bus all the way into the city factor in another 20-30 mins actually getting through the city's residential areas to downtown. My morning commute isn't so bad but I usually leave work at 2:45 pm, and I'm getting home no earlier than 4:30. 
sick.gif

I'd love to live in a big house in Woodbridge, Leesburg, Reston, Glen Burnie, Columbia, Waldorf etc........just one problem I work in DC. I know people make those trips everyday but I'm not bout that traffic life. Fort Washington and Alexandria is far enough for me.

I'd love to live in a big house in Woodbridge, Leesburg, Reston, Glen Burnie, Columbia, Waldorf etc........just one problem I work in DC. I know people make those trips everyday but I'm not bout that traffic life. Fort Washington and Alexandria is far enough for me.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Do you work for the Government ? because I know they pay for our travels so the traffic isn't that bad on HOV..I use the MetroBus btw...or slug..

Do you work for the Government ? because I know they pay for our travels so the traffic isn't that bad on HOV..I use the MetroBus btw...or slug..

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by likethematrix

but at the end of the day you still in the boonies where no stars, athletes or generally bad ++#%#++ live, visit or ever want to go.

and those figures are inflated by the millionaires and billionaire (singular) that live in that county.

*+%* if pasadena didnt have projects we would be number 1.

laugh.gif
what the he'll are you talking about. Alot of ********, wiz, and mats live in nova.I swear dudes just start tying w/o having a clue.And bad chicks are everywhere

lol. John Wall and Albert Haynesworth really bring up the allure. my bad fam.

but at the end of the day you still in the boonies where no stars, athletes or generally bad ++#%#++ live, visit or ever want to go.

and those figures are inflated by the millionaires and billionaire (singular) that live in that county.

laugh.gif
what the he'll are you talking about. Alot of ********, wiz, and mats live in nova.I swear dudes just start tying w/o having a clue.And bad chicks are everywhere

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

my agency only gives out $105 smh.

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

my agency only gives out $105 smh.

laugh.gif
what the he'll are you talking about. Alot of ********, wiz, and mats live in nova. I swear dudes just start tying w/o having a clue. And bad chicks are everywhere

U stay talking outta ur @%!. 

*No matter what some Gov't agencies pay for travel, that still ain't enough (for me) to make that commute to DC from places like Woodbridge or Leesburg.  That traffic on 95/495/7 =
sick.gif

laugh.gif
what the he'll are you talking about. Alot of ********, wiz, and mats live in nova. I swear dudes just start tying w/o having a clue. And bad chicks are everywhere

U stay talking outta ur @%!. 

*No matter what some Gov't agencies pay for travel, that still ain't enough (for me) to make that commute to DC from places like Woodbridge or Leesburg.  That traffic on 95/495/7 =
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom