Teixeira to Yankees...

The other owners, whom bellyache, need to take off the Masterlock on their wallets. They have the money. Isn't Kansas City Royals owner, he main man ofWal-Mart? You tellin' me can't spend some money? Please.

FYI. The Yankees weren't the first team to give out 100 and 200 million dollar contracts. That belongs to the L.A. Dodgers and Texas Rangers respectively.

Originally Posted by NikeAirBound

The payroll will be around last year's or a little higher I don't like this signing much. George always said he wanted the Yankees to be bigger than Manchester United on the world scale lol.

Red Devils > Bronx Bombers

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

PTI GUYS KNOW WHAT'S UP!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I would think Damon or Matsui will probably be traded at some point.

For what, though? I can't imagine either would have much value at all on the trade market unless the Yankees were paying most of the contract...
they can go offer matsui to the giants for johnathan sanchez (i hope)

roll.gif
MY GOODNESS There's that yankee thought process, they %@%% gold
smh.gif
smh.gif

Matsui for Sanchez, wow....

Yankees now are going to begin talks with GM, Chrysler, and Ford.

Even as a Mets fan I can not knock this team for doing everything in their power to field the best team possible.

Revenues make a big difference and so does location but individuals knock them now whenl it is only a team on paper.

Even the my Mets are the same way. Who knows how this will pan out for them. If it fails, then people can complain, until then, it is typical Yankee fashion todo this with superstar free agents.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

For what, though? I can't imagine either would have much value at all on the trade market unless the Yankees were paying most of the contract...

roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yea for real
laugh.gif

Also i'll trade you luis castillo for Lincecum while we are at it
roll.gif

roll.gif
The Yankees 2009 Opening Day infield...

Sabathia
Posada
Teixeira
Cano
Jeter
A-Rod...

Total Cost ~ $116,000,000 ... More than the 2008 payroll of 21 MLB teams...
roll.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Dudes still acting like this is a bad move by the Yankees, but please tell me what's wrong with fielding the best team possible.

I'd really like to know.

Dudes still acting like this is a bad move by the Yankees, but please tell me what's wrong with fielding the best team possible.

I'd really like to know.
it's not. people just get upset that their teams never land the big name. you can't fault yankee brass for putting the best team they canget on the field.

laugh.gif
At people calling Tex a top 5 talent. If the Yanks' can't win in the postseason this year
smh.gif

ele5fs.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

The other owners, whom bellyache, need to take off the Masterlock on their wallets. They have the money. Isn't Kansas City Royals owner, he main man of Wal-Mart? You tellin' me can't spend some money? Please.

FYI. The Yankees weren't the first team to give out 100 and 200 million dollar contracts. That belongs to the L.A. Dodgers and Texas Rangers respectively.

Kevin Brown
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I'd really like to know.
it's not. people just get upset that their teams never land the big name. you can't fault yankee brass for putting the best team they can get on the field.

Well said. Over $400 mil this offseason is beyond ridiculous. Shows how much cash this new ballpark has and is going to pump out.

Next Fun Fact...
In the past two weeks, the Yankees have committed 20 years and $423 million (estimated) to three players.

The GDP of Micronesia in 2007, according to the World Bank, was $369 million.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Lord have mercy...

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

I'd really like to know.
it's not. people just get upset that their teams never land the big name. you can't fault yankee brass for putting the best team they can get on the field.
That's why you're my favorite Sox fan.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Just came home from work and saw the Breaking News on ESPN.

I didn't think we would be in the running for Teixeira, I'm pleasantly suprised.
pimp.gif

Out of all our offseason moves I like this one the most.

Our payroll is gonna be over a hundred thousand trillion.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

For some reason I still think the Yankees are going to get Manny.....It's going to be out the Blue just like Marky Mark....

Originally Posted by BeastMode212

For some reason I still think the Yankees are going to get Manny.....It's going to be out the Blue just like Marky Mark....
They can't...

I looked around a little, and I think whoever said the cap on Type A/B signings is 3 was right... If that's the case, the Yankees have already signed theirthree...

I suppose they should do it while they can. I really believe the end of no salary cap is nearing. When ever the current collective bargaining agreement is upit will happen. Owners, start scouting your replacement players now.

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yea for real
laugh.gif

Also i'll trade you luis castillo for Lincecum while we are at it
roll.gif

He said that because there were talks last year of Matsui to the Giants for Noah Lowry or possibly Johnathon Sanchez (before he had his breakout year). Nochance is hell that happens now.

roll.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

It just doesn't stop
grin.gif

%%@* Scott Boras, %%@* Mark Tiexiera, and %%@* the Yankees!! They are a @+@%%#@ joke... Its gonna be hilarious when that 200+million payroll goes down thedrain when a team with a 43 million dollar payroll is gonna win your division.

Back
Top Bottom