Official State of the Union Address

I should of known transparency was going to come up in all of this.  I just didn't know how he would fit it in.
The Earmarks should have been all public a long time ago.
This

Can some one tell these fools they don't have to stand up every 5 seconds. Seems like not a one person in that hall understands what the voters said in Massachusetts,  stop the damn spending Congress.  R or D, you're gonna go!

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

The Earmarks should have been all public a long time ago.

He is singing a different tune now that he doesn't have 60 Senators in his pocket. 

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

From the booing in the background, I expect another "you lie" situation tonight.
nerd.gif
I hear it on the low too.
nerd.gif

Our government is so polarized, he is right. It's not about Democrats and Republicans, it should be about what's better for our country, that's how we should make decisions.

Our government is so polarized, he is right. It's not about Democrats and Republicans, it should be about what's better for our country, that's how we should make decisions.
Interestingly enough, that's never been more apparent than when he first became president a year and some change ago.  It's tough enough that he's as polarizing a president that we've ever had, but if the members of Congress aren't trying to change that status quo, then it's almost like his work is going in vain.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

Interestingly enough, that's never been more apparent than when he first became president a year and some change ago.  It's tough enough that he's as polarizing a president that we've ever had, but if the members of Congress aren't trying to change that status quo, then it's almost like his work is going in vain.
That's true. It's completely true.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

From the booing in the background, I expect another "you lie" situation tonight.
nerd.gif

COmplete disrespect.

This never happened with ANY other President. Why should it with a Black one?

Originally Posted by Deuce King

It seems like Pres. Obama is back to form, this is what I'm talking about!!
If he goes through with what he says, this speech will definitely be remembered.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

2011 seems like a fair date to get out of there

And 2011 will be the final year before Congress goes on a 3 year spending freeze.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Why is Haiti even mentioned in OUR State of the Union?

to make people like you ask why it is in the state of the union.

but come on are you serious?
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom