***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Technically you can't even openly visit all of America bc if you come to NY from like 20 different states you gotta quarantine for 2 weeks :lol:

A girl a know that lives in Baltimore went to visit her family in NY on Wednesday and was telling me about this. I didn't believe her so I looked it up and list was 34 states :wow: The NTer who made the post about heading to BK might want to reconsider :lol:

tenor.gif

mjlol.png

I was thinking about this tweet earlier. I think Trump and the way he's moving actually play into Republican's hand as a party. Over the past four years they've been able to supercharge their racism, xenophobia, nationalism, greed and and disenfranchisement efforts which is what we know they really stand for. However, when the **** blows up in either November or 2024, the Republican party is totally going to say.

"That was all Donald Trump! That's not what we stand for!" The same way he's praised now, he's going to be their scapegoat as soon as he's gone.

A girl a know that lives in Baltimore went to visit her family in NY on Wednesday and was telling me about this. I didn't believe her so I looked it up and list was 34 states :wow: The NTer who made the post about heading to BK might want to reconsider :lol:

Sadly, there's a loophole to this. If you land in an NY airport, they give you quarantine guidelines. But there's an airport less than an hour from NYC in Newark, NJ so most people are landing there then driving into NY and avoid any tracing to them recently getting to NY

Sadly, there's a loophole to this. If you land in an NY airport, they give you quarantine guidelines. But there's an airport less than an hour from NYC in Newark, NJ so most people are landing there then driving into NY and avoid any tracing to them recently getting to NY

How strictly are they enforcing the quarantine?

Deaths as a result of this pandemic are likely around 200,000. Also, excess deaths is how we can figure out that people are dying from coronavirus, and that it's not just another flu-like illness.

I would like to know this too. I read about it but I'd like to see if anyone has had any direct experience with traveling into the state.

She was driving and didn't have to anything special. Not sure if it matters but she was also going to the Buffalo area and not NYC. I don't really see how they could enforce it unless you were randomly stopped and asked for ID or something but even that isn't conclusive.

It's tricky but I too would love to hear from anyone who may have more information.

She was driving and didn't have to anything special. Not sure if it matters but she was also going to the Buffalo area and not NYC. I don't really see how they could enforce it unless you were randomly stopped and asked for ID or something but even that isn't conclusive.

It's tricky but I too would love to hear from anyone who may have more information.
That's what they said they're going to do (random stops of people entering), but I get the feeling it doesn't actually have any teeth. They'll just ask you to fill out a form promising to quarantine. But yeah I'd also like to know if this is actually the case or if they're attempting some sort of enforcement.

What’s irritating to me
Is folks will say
“ Trump don’t gotta the power to do this”
And then he signs an executive order and does it
Where the hell is everyones $1200

Back
Top Bottom