***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The GOP has been America’s leading white supremacist Party since 1964. If it can win because it can get majorities then they love “democracy” and would abhor help from a foreign power. But this isn’t the 80’s or even the early 2000’s, the GOP faces ever worsening demographics and if it needs to cheat, subvert elections, run the country through the courts and court Russian help to win, they’ll take it. Anything to prevent a multi racial workers’ coalition from taking power.

So sure, Trump is a far cry from Lincoln but so was Reagan.

Cool. Trump and Republicans get punked regularly. You think Biden and Democrats would fare better?

something is better than nothing

republicans are actively tearing down to retain power.. there is no legit plan for the betterment of the overwhelming majority of the citizens of the country

there is simply plans to retain power and t further enrich a select group of people

at least the Democrats try to play fair, to their own detriment at times

The GOP has been America’s leading white supremacist Party since 1964. If it can win because it can get majorities then they love “democracy” and would abhor help from a foreign power. But this isn’t the 80’s or even the early 2000’s, the GOP faces ever worsening demographics and if it needs to cheat, subvert elections, run the country through the courts and court Russian help to win, they’ll take it. Anything to prevent a multi racial workers’ coalition from taking power.

So sure, Trump is a far cry from Lincoln but so was Reagan.

I hope Democrats in Congress recognize the urgency of the situation.

something is better than nothing

republicans are actively tearing down to retain power.. there is no legit plan for the betterment of the overwhelming majority of the citizens of the country

there is simply plans to retain power and t further enrich a select group of people

at least the Democrats try to play fair, to their own detriment at times

I know, I was mocking ole boy who was in here with the "Do we really think Biden and his administration will do better?"

Literally in the past 24 hours he's shown how unstable he is but dudes wants to question Biden in comparison. Unbelievable

I hope Democrats in Congress recognize the urgency of the situation.

All they can do is get the word out about mailing in ballots early and hoping people risk their lives to wait hours at the polls. Because part of tanking the Stimulus talk was about crippling the postal service even more.

The rest of the voter suppression efforts have not even started yet too.

The GOP and Trump are gonna try to steal this thing.

They really are ready to die for Massa huh?

One croaked because COVID was a hoax, now Kanye is about to get got because he is too stupid to do it like Jill Stein.

All they can do is get the word out about mailing in ballots early and hoping people risk their lives to wait hours at the polls. Because part of tanking the Stimulus talk was about crippling the postal service even more.

The rest of the voter suppression efforts have not even started yet too.

The GOP and Trump are gonna try to steal this thing.

There’s also the eviction waves and my understanding is if you’ve been evicted you can’t vote.

Do you know more about that?

There’s also the eviction waves and my understanding is if you’ve been evicted you can’t vote.

Damn! All these refreshing election tampering ideas and Putin is still getting caught with stuffed ballot boxes in 2020. He could learn a thing or three from the GOP.

From my understanding if you are evicted, displaced, or leave your home/apartment you are required to update your voter registration info. Because voting with the wrong address listed is, especially intentionally, is considered a crime. So every person that gets evicted has to update their info. Problem is I think in most states you have to do that 30 days before and election. So anyone displaced from their home in between when the deadline for making changes and the election is de facto legally disenfranchised. If someone is evicted and homeless, again in most areas, legally disenfranchised. I could be wrong about some of the details though.

We are slowly sliding into fascism, and 45% of the country is cool with it because they can't expect that their opinions are in the minority, too racist, or they too pathetic and morally bankrupt to speak out against it because they think they will be able to buy a cheap condo to make a rental property; and thinks a old white bigot will reward their efforts with a basket of hot biscuits wrapped in a draft of the Second Step Act.

This is America. :smh:

Last edited:
okay so guy is intentionally kneecapping the Postal Service in a year when mail-in voting is indispensable.

he has publicly stated his intent to dispute the results of an election that does not leave him in power.

what´s more, guy has gone out of his way to incite his supporters with dangerous, violent rhetoric.

the administration has also demonstrated a willingness to utilize semi-sanctioned stormtroopers to intimidate dissenters, a tactic which no one in here would be surprised to see make a dramatic return in early November.

with zero hyperbole, I feel like I am watching the pages of a history book turn. it´s a complete fn time bomb.

legit question, from the guy typing these letters: what is even to be done about this?

I feel like there might be a subtle distinction you're raising between being evicted and experiencing homelessness, and how each, on its own terms, affects the right to vote. rexanglorum rexanglorum am I hearing you right?

Leaving aside the immense difficulty of civic participation in the midst of eviction, here's what I understand about the basic question of whether one can or can't vote, and how:

"Even though an address is required in order to vote, the residence you report on your Voter Registration Form doesn't have to be a home or apartment. Homeless registrants can list a shelter address where they could receive election mail. You can also simply provide a description of the location you consider to be your home. This includes cross streets, landmarks, or any place that you recognize as your place of residence."​
(https://www.abc10.com/article/news/...tion/103-1fc547b3-c072-435d-8d88-7ddcf3360d6a).

RustyShackleford RustyShackleford already mentioned the time required to register before the vote.

The more distressing issue with all of this is that:
  1. We cannot be lulled to think that laws and legal norms will save us. I can easily see a challenge to the idea that a home is a mere location, or cross street.
  2. What 'counts' as a legitimate ballot is not just a rhetorical (or tweetable) question, but will be decided by poll workers and probably the courts.

All the MAGAts on twitter puffing their chest, saying "You won't see Antfia/BLM in Sturgis."

What the **** would they be protesting there, exactly?

This is a recurring theme with those lames. They have a Pro-Trump or Pro-Law enforcement rally in the whitest neighborhood in whatever state, then make up some fabricated story about how BLM/Antifa was gonna come. Then when they don't come since they never planned to go in the first place, they're like YEAH BLM PUNKED OUT. THEY KNEW WHAT WAS COMING TO THEM.

Back
Top Bottom