***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Speaking of nuclear waste RustyShackleford RustyShackleford .....what happened with the proposal of storing a large portion of nuclear waste in Yucca Mountain in your state of Nevada back in the day??
It is a long complicated story. But lawsuits held up the construction. And as Nevada became a swing state, all Nevada politicians are a against it, so in turn there have been people trying to kill it on both sides.

The Federal government actually owns most of the land in Nevada, but that thing will probably never get finished to be honest.

It is a long complicated story. But lawsuits held up the construction. And as Nevada became a swing state, all Nevada politicians are a against it, so in turn there have been people trying to kill it on both sides.

The Federal government actually owns most of the land in Nevada, but that thing will probably never get finished to be honest.

Gotcha. I haven’t heard much about it in recent years and figured that it might have been caught up in federal and statewide red tape for the time being. Thanks for the update.

CE4567BF-3435-43C2-B405-F8E807E7F800.jpeg

:lol: These weirdo conservatives making wap their new obsession is the best thing that could happen to the song.

How the hell do you accidentally hear a song? Like you had to be listening to a station/playlist where it was possible for the song to come on or someone sent it to you and you listened to it intentionally. I ain’t never heard a ***** say “Yo, I accidentally listened to some Garth Brooks last night and that **** was hitting!” Nah bruh, you sought that out and listened to it your own volition. FOH.

It wasn't better before Trump's administration. Any "mistake" such as not filling - justifiably - a space would get an application rejected only for the applicant to resort to a very expensive appeals process involving lawyers, extra filling fees, and the opaque bureaucracy of USCIS. People who talk the loudest about the US immigration process would scream about how unconstitutional it is if they had to go through it.
The thing about it is, the history of immigration laws since 1964, how they intended to favor Europeans, and how it ultimately backfired (more Asians, South/Central Americans/Caribbean people, and Africans took advantage of it than people from Europe) tells you all you need to know about the exclusionary beliefs of those who continue to support this convoluted system that is out of line with the stated ideals of this nation.

:lol: I love how the rich been tricking poor people forever to believe the secret to wealth is being frugal even though you're poor.
For once, I'd love the proletariat to follow that advice and watch the coffee and avocado stocks tumble.

Back
Top Bottom