***Official Political Discussion Thread***

giphy.gif

Those threats by the president really worked

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ncy-drops-again-as-opioid-deaths-surge-in-u-s

Life expectancy in the U.S. fell for the second year in a row in 2016, nudged down again by a surge in fatal opioid overdoses, federal officials report Thursday.

"I'm not prone to dramatic statements," says Robert Anderson, chief of the mortality statistics branch at the National Center for Health Statistics. "But I think we should be really alarmed. The drug overdose problem is a public health problem, and it needs to be addressed. We need to get a handle on it."

The trend is especially concerning because life expectancy is considered an important indicator of the general well-being of a nation.

"It gives you sort of an overall sense of what's going on," Anderson says.

Life expectancy, which is the average time someone is expected to live, generally has been rising steadily for decades in the United States, with only occasional downward ticks.

The last time the U.S. life expectancy dropped was in 1993 because of the AIDS epidemic. Life expectancy hasn't fallen two years in a row in the U.S. since the early 1960s.

I mean I can see why people vote for Trump
But for Bannon? The guy is best behind the scenes. He’s like Karl Rove. This would be like Rove announcing he wants to run for President.

Most Trump voters are Bannon fans, and agree with his politics, should be treated as a threat.

Most Trump voters are Bannon fans, and agree with his politics, should be treated as a threat.
The thing is he doesn’t have that appearance of someone who is strong looking or someone of celebrity status. Guy looks like a complete loser. I’m just trying to see it from the average voter perspective.

The thing is he doesn’t have that appearance of someone who is strong looking or someone of celebrity status. Guy looks like a complete loser. I’m just trying to see it from the average voter perspective.

Which their supporters know because they can relate: they are also losers. That's what is dangerous. Trump lied to them by telling them what Bannon put in his ear. If the puppet master wants to enter the stage, the Trumpists know they're getting the real deal.

Until he screws them over too, because despite all his talk about being anti-globalist, the man made his money in Wall Street, where traders set the price of oil and wheat they have never smelled.

Guy looks like a complete loser. I’m just trying to see it from the average voter perspective.

We really can't make this mistake again. I totally agree with you, but the average voter falls for these type of dudes, plus he has his whole media megaphone that pumps his audience with their confirmation bias. The average voter isn't as smart as you think, folks eat this "common man" nonsense. Even though he's a millionaire that worked for Goldman Sachs, you know those "globalist bankers" they love to hate. After Trump, anything is possible in my eyes and we really shouldn't be taken this guy lightly.

Which their supporters know because they can relate: they are also losers. That's what is dangerous. Trump lied to them by telling them what Bannon put in his ear. If the puppet master wants to enter the stage, the Trumpists know they're getting the real deal.

Until he screws them over too, because despite all his talk about being anti-globalist, the man made his money in Wall Street, where traders set the price of oil and wheat they have never smelled.

We really can't make this mistake again. I totally agree with you, but the average voter falls for these type of dudes, plus he has his whole media megaphone that pumps his audience with their confirmation bias. The average voter isn't as smart as you think, folks eat this "common man" nonsense. Even though he's a millionaire that worked for Goldman Sachs, you know those "globalist bankers" they love to hate.

You guys do have a point....

Back
Top Bottom