***Official Political Discussion Thread***

That's the only way they can have a shot to win,suppressing the minority vote 
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE  

Having a debate on Saturday night may not hurt Bernie, but it isn't helping him, either. And that is what he needs...help.
Seriously, nobody is going to care about a debate on a Saturday night. People will be doing holiday shopping, having dinner, watching football, etc. The weekend is made for doing fun stuff, not watching debates.

Saw some funny tweets on just that 
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Thought this was pretty interesting as well...can't say I'm surprised though given her traditionally hawkish foreign policy

Last edited:
He is traditionally a independent but he ran as a democrat because he would have a better chance at winning if he did.

Having a debate on Saturday night is shameful.

Did I hear they have another scheduled during the Super Bowl? Edit - Just a playoff game...still ridiculous.

Last edited:
The scheduling of those debates is short sighted at best and subversive at worst

I'd surely have an issue with it if I was anyone other than Hilary

You guys know the DNC planned this debate schedule on purpose right? Debbie Wasserman Schultz is in the tank for Hillary. Bernie will never be the nominee, sorry.

Before Bernie even announced his candidacy, it was known I there would be only 6 debates. No one said a peep

Back in August we knew the dates. No one said peep

Clinton is known to be a very good debater, who proved that in 2008 and this year. Not like these debates are turning the tide against her.

To all my fellow Sanders, from the bottommy heart, stop . You'll just sound salty

Last edited:
Flatout the democratic debates, especially the ones that have occured on weekends, have been incredibly downplayed. I think it's intentional that this weekend's debate has had miminum promotion, at best. People within the news industry didn't even find out it existed until today.

You're kidding yourself if you say the fix hasnt been put in at multiple levels for Hillary to win.

Before Bernie even announced his candidacy, it was known I there would be only 6 debates. No one said a peep

Back in August we knew the dates. No one said peep

Clinton is known to be a very good debater, who proved that in 2008 and this year. Not like these debates are turning the tide against her.

To all my fellow Sanders, from the bottommy heart, stop . You'll just sound salty

Is the observation not valid because it wasn't made earlier?

If she's proven to perform well in debates then she can coast on that reputation...the others haven't been afforded that same luxury

Nothing salty about acknowledging that the debate schedule is more beneficial to Hilary's campaign than anyone else

Anyone identify as a moderate? Seems we are becoming an endangered species. Neither party has all the answers. The ideal solution will be a mixture of ideas.

Anyone identify as a moderate? Seems we are becoming an endangered species. Neither party has all the answers. The ideal solution will be a mixture of ideas.

What about "conservative " politics should be embraced by progressive thinkers ?

Agreed here.

None of these candidates appeal to me personally, but I do appreciate ideas on both sides. If anything, I'm "socially liberal, fiscally conservative."

Last edited:
None of these candidates appeal to me personally, but I do appreciate ideas on both sides. If anything, I'm "socially liberal, fiscally conservative."

So am I. I think we should drastically reduce military spending and close corporate and top earner tax loopholes :smokin

What about "conservative " politics should be embraced by progressive thinkers ?

Good point. I think the current mainstream brand of conservatism has gone completely insane compared to the 60s-80s versions we saw. Things that conservative politicians pushed for in those years (balanced budget, strong fiscal conservatism, in some cases health programs for women and children) would get them crucified today, but are ideas in theory which a progressive leaning person should take a serious look at. It's one thing to be socially conservative, and quite another to be fiscally conservative. Truthfully, if a Ronald Reagan clone ran today he wouldn't have a shot due to how extremely right the conservative party has pushed. Reagan would be deemed a RINO and not be given a shot.

JFK wouldn't be allowed in today's Democrat party. He was a tax cutter and conservative on several issues. You saw what happened to Jim Webb after the first debate, he was run off the stage and basically out of the party.

JFK wouldn't be allowed in today's Democrat party. He was a tax cutter and conservative on several issues. You saw what happened to Jim Webb after the first debate, he was run off the stage and basically out of the party.

And? Difference is Dems aren't blowing JFK 24/7 like your party does Reagan.

Back
Top Bottom