***Official Political Discussion Thread***

There's no money to be made during peace. If you have major world powers agreeing to a deal and yet u disagree, has to be something going on. These dudes in Congress don't care, they're in those seats for life since majority run unopposed anyway. What better way to line your pocket while looking like you have the public's best interest at heart?

Iran is going to have that bomb any moment now.

The fear mongering is ridiculous, they've talking about this bomb since at least the 70's.

There's no money to be made during peace. If you have major world powers agreeing to a deal and yet u disagree, has to be something going on. These dudes in Congress don't care, they're in those seats for life since majority run unopposed anyway. What better way to line your pocket while looking like you have the public's best interest at heart?
Yea I mean those Raytheon/Lockheed/GD/Boeing stocks won't rise themselves...

The worst thing about it is that even if they get voted out of office,they have cushy white color jobs waiting for them at these big coorperations as a reward for their years of service to those lobbies 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Iran is going to have that bomb any moment now.

The fear mongering is ridiculous, they've talking about this bomb since at least the 70's.
This is what finally convinced me that Netanyahu is truly nuts

Dude has been saying that Iran is 5 mins away from the bomb since the 80's...
indifferent.gif

Last edited:

The worst thing about it is that even if they get voted out of office,they have cushy white color jobs waiting for them as a result of their years of service to those lobbies :smh:

Truth, the Supreme Court is even worse since they're appointed and literally sit "for life" But theses cats in Congress are set as soon as they swear in. $170k+/yr plus the stocks in the companies they're in cahoots w/, jobs lined up if they don't win, crazy.

I often feel guilty about looking into investing in those defense companies and private prisons...

The worst thing about it is that even if they get voted out of office,they have cushy white color jobs waiting for them as a result of their years of service to those lobbies 
mean.gif
Truth, the Supreme Court is even worse since they're appointed and literally sit "for life" But theses cats in Congress are set as soon as they swear in. $170k+/yr plus the stocks in the companies they're in cahoots w/, jobs lined up if they don't win, crazy.

I often feel guilty about looking into investing in those defense companies and private prisons...
That's why there needs to be term limits for the SC,no way should a known clown like Scalia wield the same amount of inluence now that he had during the Reagan era 
indifferent.gif

Can't blame you too much there tbh, It's a smart idea in the business sense since war/private prisons are basically recession proof 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Last edited:

The worst thing about it is that even if they get voted out of office,they have cushy white color jobs waiting for them as a result of their years of service to those lobbies :smh:

That's why there needs to be term limits for the SC,no way should a known clown like Scalia wield the same amount of inluence now that he had during the Reagan era :stoneface: .

Can't blame you too much there tbh, It's a smart idea in the business sense since war/private prisons are basically recession proof :lol: :\

Should be term limits on any public office at the federal level; let the states handle things in their jurisdiction.

I'm all for term limits. I would put in place something like this:

President- 2 terms, 8 years

Senators- 2 terms, 12 years

Congressmen- 8 terms, 16 years

Supreme Court Justices- 20 years

Wow, that's not even a terrible idea. I'm shocked. Repped.

Last edited:

I'd be more inclined to say 5 terms/10 years for Congressmen or 6/12 to align them with Senators but overall, looks good. Really need to start pushing for this but it's one of those battles where u have to decide where to place it on the level of importance in comparison w/ the rest of the issues going on in our country.

Well it is disheartening to hear you all talk like this. It is people like you all that are suppressing minorities from flourishing more. Your archaic ways of thinking are a detriment to ALL people of color. You call yourselves progressives but can't even progress pass your own ingrained outlook of the world. So continue on your same path of electing Dems every election cycle and keep wondering out loud why nothing ever changes for our communities. I pray that this newer generation isn't as jaded as you all. Lord knows we need more objective pepole voting if we're ever going to get back even a fraction of the wealth we lost under the Obama administration.

Man what are you talking about?

You ignored everything I said, hell, I didn't even speak on MY personal views. My entire post was about why black folk ain't rocking with the GOP and what they could do to gain black voters. Addressing the prison industrial complex and police brutality isn't important? :lol: okay. Either your reading comprehension is trash or you just had a prewritten response waiting for anyone who doesn't agree with you. Foreal it's probably just a combination of both.

LOL @ people saying Obama lacks the leadership skills to work with congress.

That is :rofl:

I just can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL @ people saying Obama lacks the leadership skills to work with congress.

That is :rofl:

I just can't.

He does though. Numerous Senators as well as Congress have been complaining about the Obama's administration lack of leadership when it comes to passing legislation. He doesn't bring them in from the beginning. The only time he ever really deals with Congress (making calls, inviting them to the Oval Office, campaigning etc...) is at the 25th hour and that's just not the way things get done in Washington. Politicians are just like regular citizens, they like accesd, photo ops, face time. You'd be shocked at how much these small things can win people over. But it has to be done on a fairly consistent basis. And Obama has stated many times in interviews and books that he does not enjoy the schmoozing part of politics. Which is essentially what politics really is. Think about that friend or relative that only speaks to you when they need something. As soon as they come calling it's like "oh what do they want now?" However, you probably wouldn't feel that way if they spoke just for the hell of it. No strings attached. Take Bill Clinton for example, it's said that he used to be up on the phone wayyyyyy after hours just to talk to Congressman, Senators, and staffers alike just to shoot the ****. It's no wonder then, that he was able to get such "controversial" legislation passed during his 8 years. All of that is part of presidentoak leadership which Obama lacks severely.

He does though. Numerous Senators as well as Congress have been complaining about the Obama's administration lack of leadership when it comes to passing legislation. He doesn't bring them in from the beginning. The only time he ever really deals with Congress (making calls, inviting them to the Oval Office, campaigning etc...) is at the 25th hour and that's just not the way things get done in Washington. Politicians are just like regular citizens, they like accesd, photo ops, face time. You'd be shocked at how much these small things can win people over. But it has to be done on a fairly consistent basis. And Obama has stated many times in interviews and books that he does not enjoy the schmoozing part of politics. Which is essentially what politics really is. Think about that friend or relative that only speaks to you when they need something. As soon as they come calling it's like "oh what do they want now?" However, you probably wouldn't feel that way if they spoke just for the hell of it. No strings attached. Take Bill Clinton for example, it's said that he used to be up on the phone wayyyyyy after hours just to talk to Congressman, Senators, and staffers alike just to shoot the ****. It's no wonder then, that he was able to get such "controversial" legislation passed during his 8 years. All of that is part of presidentoak leadership which Obama lacks severely.

Why the hell does Obama need to schmooze with people who should be doing their damn JOB? He has a hard time working with congress because, they just refuse to work with him. They've said plenty of times that they will do any and everything to make sure he fails. :rolleyes

Why the hell does Obama need to schmooze with people who should be doing their damn JOB? He has a hard time working with congress because, they just refuse to work with him. They've said plenty of times that they will do any and everything to make sure he fails. :rolleyes

Because that's the kind of things you have to do to get things done in this town. Just like rappers who collaborate with each other and tweet each others albums to show love even though behind close doors they gate each other. Politics is like any other industry, it's an elaborate kabuki dance to get **** done.

People saying they will do anything to make you fail, but its YOUR fault you can't things accomplished :lol:

Dat logic.

The fact that you don't see it insulting to the president that he has to kiss **** to get things done, which still won't get done goes to show you don't see the problem. These dudes have the entire country in their hands and they're worried about whether or not the president will invite them over for cookies and milk or hold their pocket. I would assume the millionaires and billionaires kiss their butt since Congress does whatever in their power to make sure they get what they want.....oh, I'm sorry, they just give them money and then tell them what they want.

Last edited:
Because that's the kind of things you have to do to get things done in this town. Just like rappers who collaborate with each other and tweet each others albums to show love even though behind close doors they gate each other. Politics is like any other industry, it's an elaborate kabuki dance to get **** done.

I can't remember another president in my life time, the day after he was inaugurated the "other side" said their #1 goal was to make him a one term president.

Rico Hood, perhaps more minorities would consider voting for Republicans when they decide to rid themselves of the States rights(Confederate Flag waving) platform.

Why would I want to vote for the party that wants to bring back slavery

You can't be serious? You're making it ok that people WE pay aren't willing to do their jobs because the President isn't inviting them over for movie night and dinner. You see how stupid that sounds?

You can't be serious? You're making it ok that people WE pay aren't willing to do their jobs because the President isn't inviting them over for movie night and dinner. You see how stupid that sounds?

Unfortunately people let this happen.

***** a joke at this point.

Back
Top Bottom