***Official Political Discussion Thread***

dwaynewade-smh.gif

And you that when he rolls this out for real in a few months, he'll cap it off with a Sideshow Bob for mayoresque condemnation of what a weirdo and kill joy he is for beefing with Disney World. If he really wants to get spicey with it, he'll say "meatball Ron is very weak on crime. Many people are talking about how he won't even cooperate with the authorities when those authorities are trying extradite criminals out of Florida. Think about that, so many criminals running around Florida because he won't extradite them."

The question is is DeSantis willing to play in the dirt as well. Ain't like it'd be hard to run a smear campaign against Trump...just gotta be willing.

The question is is DeSantis willing to play in the dirt as well. Ain't like it'd be hard to run a smear campaign against Trump...just gotta be willing.
DeSantis talks a big game when it comes to flexing his legislative authority but the guy just seems like an awkward *****
Trump would completely overwhelm him in a debate.

He doesn’t seem to be willing because he needs tha MAGA folks to get elected. He’s scared to piss them off but he doesn’t realize that he’s already dead to them :lol:

DeSantis ignoring Broward county on top of Trump going in on him killed any hopes of his illegal Presidential campaign

*All of the below assumes the referenced examples or trans individuals are on hormone treatments

Is this truly a bad thing though?
I strongly believe that it is fundamentally unfair for a trans woman to compete against biological women in sports.
On the other hand, hormones have such a drastic impact that a trans man competing against biological men would still be at a drastic disadvantage. However the trans man would still hold an unfair advantage over biological women.

Simplified:
Trans man < Biological men
Trans man > Biological women
Trans woman < Biological men
Trans woman > Biological women

At around 20-21 years old, I developed a hormone condition (hypogonadotropic hypogonadism) that drastically reduced my testosterone levels. I had been going to the gym for multiple years and was noticeably muscular. Within months of the onset of the hormone condition, I gradually had to give up all my physical hobbies. All because my testosterone levels simply dipped to around 25-30% of what a normal healthy male would have.

Once I was diagnosed and started my hormone treatment, merely boosting my testosterone levels to around 50% of a healthy male has been life changing.

The point I’m making is that hormonal changes have a very drastic physical impact, which some people may underestimate.

The unfortunate reality is that a trans person’s hormonal composition creates an unfair advantage, there’s no way of getting around that. The only ‘fair’ scenarios are trans women or trans men competing against biological men but it’s still unfair, it’s just that in those cases it’s the biological men who hold the physical advantage.

To be clear, I think this is only an issue when we’re talking about competitive sports where some sort of reward is involved, not regular gym class or something.

Of course a major issue that arises from this is how does one verify potential complaints?
We all know there’s gonna be Karens complaining about non-trans players who happen to not look overtly male or female.

Typically what gets brought up is the extremely invasive inspection of genitals, which to me sounds both prone to abuse and unnecessarily invasive.
Personally I think a simple blood test checking someone’s hormonal composition would suffice for verification purposes.

Is the Liberal/ progressive stance really pro transsexual men in Women’s Sports?

Like if Biden and Trump debate, when Trump brings up pretty little swimmer Riley Gaines getting robbed by Lia Thomas. Biden going to come to the defense of Lia?

Is the Liberal/ progressive stance really pro transsexual men in Women’s Sports?

Like if Biden and Trump debate, when Trump brings up pretty little swimmer Riley Gaines getting robbed by Lia Thomas. Biden going to come to the defense of Lia?
Lia Thomas didn't break any rules, she didn't rob anyone

People can have issues if she should have been able to compete. Fine

But it is wrong to place blame on her for competing in a competition she was allowed to compete in it

She did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
He doesn’t seem to be willing because he needs tha MAGA folks to get elected. He’s scared to piss them off but he doesn’t realize that he’s already dead to them :lol:
I read that there have been focus groups with DeSantis leaning primary voters, and it shows that if DeSantis were to criticize Trump, a ton of his voters would switch to Trump

So the dude is cooked. He needs to convince primary voters he is better than Trump, without attacking him. While Trump attacks him relentlessly

Support Trump is so entrenched with conservative identity now. Congrats GOP, you played yourself

Last edited:

the Sport itself is heavily regulated without the legislative branch getting involved

for example, the suits and the mount of said suits that can be worn by male and female competitors

but I assume the stance that was taken by the world athletics, will be adapted by FINA.. because as mentioned the sport is heavily regulated on a number of fronts

Republicans don't actually care about women's sports.

ain’t hard to look up positions they have taken on things like USWNT, which has easily EASILY done better than the men

or other born women in sports, like the ladies in the WNBA (look at georgia elections) or Britney griner’s arrest

but as I said numerous times in the lia Thomas thread, there was a lady doing unprecedented at that very same meet and her name is Kate Douglass.. tucker and every other Republican didn’t mention her once

just for reference, Kate Douglass broke a records in 5 of the 6 events she was in.. she won 6 of the 6

The GOP signed up for the full Trump experience. And that’s not something they could simply just put back on the shelf when they no longer think he’s good for business even if they’ve tried to.

Granted they were initially reluctant to hitch their wagon to him back in 2015-16, but they sort of had no choice. But that shows you how ineffective their politicians are and how toxic their voter base is. Trump just came in guns firing saying all the buzz words and saying the quiet parts out loud and it riled their base up in a way longtime career conservative politicians could never do.

Trump will ultimately be done with the Republican Party when he wants to be done with them. The GOP has tried to paint DeSantis as being Presidential, and the future of the Republican Party. They’ve tried to pain him as a younger and more smarter version of Trump. But Trump has been ****ting all over him. DeSantis has done some extremely dumb stuff too which in terms of appealing to a national audience was misguided as hell.

But this isn’t traditional politics. Even if DeSantis handled business in the primaries, Trump isn’t taking that L gracefully and rallying around the GOP nominee to where in most cases it would’ve made sense for DeSantis to make his run now while he was considered hot. But it’s a different dynamic when the main guy within your party isn’t going to play ball if you were to become the nominee.

All that said. It’s funny as hell seeing Trump **** all over DeSantis. Cause all the tension and turmoil you can within the GOP.

The Dems just gotta handle their business. But I don’t see a path to 270 for Trump. And I don’t a path to DeSantis being the GOP nominee as long as Trump keeps violating him.

It ain’t just trump.. if you move desantis out of the protected bubble, dude is done

the few public debates he has had, have all gone bad

hell he was sweating heavily vs Charlie Crist during the last lap

DeSantis has looked funny in the light when he’s not able to control the questions and narrative. What’s worked in a controlled comfort zone situation like Florida isn’t going to work on a national level when he’s not getting softball questions.

Back
Top Bottom