***Official Political Discussion Thread***

The perception is something is wrong with this situation.Who can be framed for allowing it to happen?

It’s a relatively trivial issue but it actually gets reaction from people. There’s a reason why the GOP keeps taking about it. The GOP loves bogeyman.

A lot of Trans stuff is a losing issue for GOP but Trans men in Women’s sports in a decent ex of “wokeism” to use a wedge issue for some groups.

Have yet to hear a compelling argument that will move apolitical low info voters that you need.

Hopefully it will be a non issue for liberals.

What’s our stance on border?

That’s another issue I don’t like for the Democrats. How do we explain without introducing new legislation?

It’s going to be a tough 2024 election for Democrats in general.

Last edited:
Remember how GOP and all the news outlets were pitching Marco Rubio as the wunderkind and then he had trouble drinking water and then Chris Christie dispelled with the fiction that he was electable?

Same thing happened with DeSanctimonious but he didn't even make it to the first debate.

In both cases the truth is obvious. Trump is him 🔥

Those responses on Twitter are hilarious. DeClown crew trying to go at MAGAs and it isn’t working

Have yet to hear a compelling argument that will move apolitical low info voters that you need
Why do democrats need these voters?
What’s our stance on border?

That’s another issue I don’t like for the Democrats. How do we explain without introducing new legislation?
What’s the Democrats stance on the issue that neither party wants to touch?
It’s going to be a tough 2024 election for Democrats in general.
Obviously, the margins are slim and the electoral system is not favorable for Democrats, and there’s a long way to go — but this seems like a hot take. Rs are going to roll out Trump and his many cronies as candidates again, which has proven to be a losing proposition in 2018, 2020 and 2022. There’s also the issue of abortion that they’ve seemingly completely lost the plot on the national pulse with.
It’s a relatively trivial issue but it actually gets reaction from people. There’s a reason why the GOP keeps taking about it. The GOP loves bogeyman.
Right. The GOP sure knows what the winning issues are lately. They deserve kudos here.

GOP have alot of time to make things obviously worse between now and ‘24 election

On top of what will be done to their guy in Florida.. and what that guy will then do to that state’s largest private employer

Plus trump’s legal issues

Trump is 1-1

It’s like saying Obama was a losing proposition in 10,14 and 16.

Trumpers aren’t stopping if anything they are more embolden. I know we post all the crazy stuff that the Republicans are doing but most people aren’t paying attention.

Abortion is a losing issue for the GOP but Trump WILL run away from this issue. Framed as a states right issue he may be able to avoid the smoke.

Trump will thave a populist message, he talk about keeping SS and Medicare and offering opportunities to “right type of people” Trump will hammer about how much inflation is compared to his term.

You’ll have one of better con man salesman untether by the POS office spewing BS and alot people will eat it up.

Biden’s my guy I was riding for him when we were on the echo chamber pick of Lizzy Warren. Biden leaves a lot to be desired and it’s clearly obvious he’s lost a step. Can tout all his accomplishments in a coherent matter?

Is Biden better than trump?

You forget all the gen z coming of age who realize they are worse off than their parents or millennials.

Trump is 1-1

Trumpers aren’t stopping if anything they are more embolden. I know we post all the crazy stuff that the Republicans are doing but most people aren’t paying attention.

Abortion is a losing issue for the GOP but Trump WILL run away from this issue. Framed as a states right issue he may be able to avoid the smoke.

Trump will thave a populist message, he talk about keeping SS and Medicare and offering opportunities to “right type of people” Trump will hammer about how much inflation is compared to his term.

You’ll have one of better con man salesman untether by the POS office spewing BS and alot people will eat it up.

Biden’s my guy I was riding for him when we were on the echo chamber pick of Lizzy Warren. Biden leaves a lot to be desired and it’s clearly obvious he’s lost a step. Can tout all his accomplishments in a coherent matter?

Trump barely won in ‘16 because of a combination of running again a woman, a Clinton, the racism after 8 years of Obama AND the bs announcement of a investigation a few days prior to the election

And he barely pulled it off in 3 states he had to win

Biden being a white male kills everything the GOP want to do

And they weren’t able to set up the BS they wanted to rig up the election(s) in enough places

Hell look at the recent election in Wisconsin

Is Biden better than trump?

You forget all the gen z coming of age who realize they are worse off than their parents or millennials.

Maybe gen z is smart enough to realize the impact republicans have had in it, even when they didn’t have the presidency

As we are seeing with Biden and for example the student loan forgiveness.. that ain’t on democrats

Also we see how things have played out since the 80s.. democrats always have to clean up the messing created by republicans.. trump being the most recent example

From my understanding, DeSantis polls better against Biden than Trump

Among people that disapprove of both Biden and Trump, Biden beats him by a big margin

The GOP wants DeSantis because Trump hurts them in the suburbs

The GOP has a 2.5-3.0 point advantage in the electoral college, but Trump doesn't allow them to maximize it properly because of much he underperforms in the suburbs, and with center-right voters.

And there is no running from the abortion issue for Trump. He will have to address it

Maybe gen z is smart enough to realize the impact republicans have had in it, even when they didn’t have the presidency

As we are seeing with Biden and for example the student loan forgiveness.. that ain’t on democrats

Also we see how things have played out since the 80s.. democrats always have to clean up the messing created by republicans.. trump being the most recent example

Gen z isn’t dumb like people like to pretend. They say the same thing about us. Millennials are snowflakes and gen z doesn’t know their gender. :lol:

Ok see you at the polls. 👋

Gen z can’t even do their ****** grocery delivery jobs without being shot at. They aren’t voting republican.

huh?
He’s going to run away from arguably the most talked about issue in politics right now? Good luck.

There’s also the issue of abortion that they’ve seemingly completely lost the plot on the national pulse with.
I think Republicans underestimated the economic aspect of abortion, especially now that folks living in red areas have to compound being forced to have children with the medical costs of it, inflation, and housing.

American have a strong status quo bias

Conservatives changed the status quo, and handed the Dems strong political issues to look reasonable on

And to make matters worse, instead of just accepting they completed their mission of overturning Roe, and shutting up about it, so the new status quo to settle in and it became less impactful politically...

They are goofing some more by pushing for even more restrictive laws. Constantly reminding the public how extreme they are

American have a strong status quo bias

Conservatives changed the status quo, and handed the Dems strong political issues to look reasonable on

And to make matters worse, instead of just accepting they completed their mission of overturning Roe, and shutting up about it, so the new status quo to settle in and it became less impactful politically...

They are goofing some more by pushing for even more restrictive laws. Constantly reminding the public how extreme they are

even this mess with the pill and ramifications on the FDA

but they’re making age brackets that usually wouldn’t show up for elections how painfully obvious it is for them to show up

the student loan forgiveness being a huge spring board to other issues.. just creating more problems they don’t actually want to deal with and won’t.. but you’re then further alienating a large voting block

Trump barely won in ‘16 because of a combination of running again a woman, a Clinton, the racism after 8 years of Obama AND the bs announcement of a investigation a few days prior to the election

And he barely pulled it off in 3 states he had to win

Biden being a white male kills everything the GOP want to do

And they weren’t able to set up the BS they wanted to rig up the election(s) in enough places

Hell look at the recent election in Wisconsin

I hear you and I agree.

But Trump still won and still a huge political force to this day.

Yes Biden being a White Male is great to stop GOP race baiting. We won in 2020 because Trump was having a lot errors and more people were paying attention. Biden was “polished” comparatively. Was that because of the campaign style?

When an incumbent runs for reelection the focus becomes on their term. For Biden what is the narrative?

Inflation, things are clearly more expensive than were during Trumps term. Logical people can rationalize Covid changes things but not all people are logical. All they know is s*** is more expensive.

And that Biden seems aged and doesn’t seem to have a lot energy.

What is the Democratic Party’s plan to combat that?

Tout BBB and the Chips Bill? It’s sounds great but what are the results? Biden and his team should go to every possible BBB site and talk about what’s it’s doing for the local area.

huh?

He’s going to run away from arguably the most talked about issue in politics right now? Good luck.

We Dems lost seats in those years. Granted Trump was a stronger presence in his party.

I’m not sure if Abortion is the most important issue for voters. Yes I know you just said talked about.

Back
Top Bottom