***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Honda actys go hard. They’re all over construction sites. Cheaper than a side by side and climate control enclosed cab.

ADE68A19-75A1-4517-A888-462CE2C5454A.jpeg

🚬🚬🚬

Last edited:
I’m with you in terms of policy, the most rational approach to trans people in sports should be an above and below x blood testosterone division.

My concern is about the politics of it in this particular moment. At the moment, these “debates” about seemingly minor difference over trans athletes and protocol before giving access to hormones and surgery are actually a debate about trans people’s right to exist or to at least exist in public and because the right sees trans rights as part of a package deal with the rights of other marginalized groups. That is why the right is so hyper focused on this issue.

IMO, you can’t give a millimeter to the right because they see that as weakness. Conservatives respect strength and domination and if the “woke” left really was a violent mob bent on imposing their agenda on older white homeowners, the right would begrudgingly bend the knee.
It’s slightly more complicated than testosterone levels. What you’d have to check isn’t just the testosterone levels but also the estrogen levels, so you get a proper idea of the person’s hormonal composition.

Also, I think debates have already devolved to the point of virtually anything seen as an opposing view being dismissed as worthless woke lib delusions.

While it's simple to see that that's true I think they have also got longer too - so even though proportionally the bed is smaller it isn't as exagerrated as that? From what I can see the shortest 1979 version was 187" and the shortest 2023 is 209".

Still doesn't negate the point that most people buy these huge trucks and rarely use them for carrying more than groceries.

car manufacturers also don't spec anything but trucks and SUVs for towing in America, while the same car in Europe will be able to tow 4k pounds or whatever. Of course they can still tow here but people think they can't. It's to upsell them on trucks.

I don't think MOST people want huge trucks though. Look at how the maverick is selling and the amount of Tacomas on the road. Maybe I'm wrong or it's just the people I know but everyone with 1 ton or bigger trucks has a specific purpose for them. I don't know anyone dropping 120k on a dually to get groceries.

Bed size has gone down on pickups but tow capacity has quadrupled. You can now tow with a f-150 what you used to need a diesel for.

car manufacturers also don't spec anything but trucks and SUVs for towing in America, while the same car in Europe will be able to tow 4k pounds or whatever. Of course they can still tow here but people think they can't. It's to upsell them on trucks.

I don't think MOST people want huge trucks though. Look at how the maverick is selling and the amount of Tacomas on the road. Maybe I'm wrong or it's just the people I know but everyone with 1 ton or bigger trucks has a specific purpose for them. I don't know anyone dropping 120k on a dually to get groceries.

Bed size has gone down on pickups but tow capacity has quadrupled. You can now tow with a f-150 what you used to need a diesel for.

A friend of mine used to go on vacation every year towing his decent sized caravan behind a mk1 VW Golf. He was adamant that buying a truck/SUV etc was totally excessive for towing.

Feels like I just woke up this week and there were mad incidents of people shooting people for making mistakes. No discrimination either, when they're shooting young white girls now and no one bats an eye we're all ******.

Back
Top Bottom