***Official Political Discussion Thread***

5lnz99lqmpua1.jpg

I think they are trying replenish the workforce. Ohio and some other Midwest state is working on something similar.

This is just dirty capitalism at play, they can afford to pay adults a decent wage but they dont want to. Realize its only red states that are doing this. There is no reason why in 2013 a 14 year old should be working a 6 hour night shift on a school night. **** is disgusting

When Trumpism and NIMBYism combine, there’s no atrocity that they can’t commit.

I believe that Trump won’t win the 24 general but I would not be shocked if he does slightly better in high income, predominantly white neighborhoods in big cities that he did in 16 and 20. Although advocating for concentration camps may cause him to lose further ground in the suburbs and he is going get crushed with zoomers, a generation that is defying expectations in terms of youth turnout.

I wonder if he even knows Oklahoma is a one-party consent state. There's nothing illegal about the recording, especially considering the conversation was on government property where there is no expectation of privacy. And, the journalist cleared it with an attorney before releasing it. Journalists, of all people, know when and where they can record conversations.

As expected and I am proud of Dominion and don’t blame them. A jury trial even with their facts is still an uphill battle. This just shows that we need some sort of media accountability act (needs to work within the confines of the 1A) that can be used to stop misinformation and lies. Fox was always going to settle this but I don’t blame Dominion for taking the sure money. It shouldn’t have been up to them to save democracy from Fox News.

As expected and I am proud of Dominion and don’t blame them. A jury trial even with their facts is still an uphill battle. This just shows that we need some sort of media accountability act (needs to work within the confines of the 1A) that can be used to stop misinformation and lies. Fox was always going to settle this but I don’t blame Dominion for taking the sure money. It shouldn’t have been up to them to save democracy from Fox News.
I was hoping for a gag order or admission atleast. but I guess the money must be a lot to simply ignore. maybe atleast half of what dominion is asking for.

I was hoping for a gag order or admission atleast. but I guess the money must be a lot to simply ignore. maybe atleast half of what dominion is asking for.
They might have to do some sort of apology as part of the settlement.

on the otherhand, the Fox went to settle which is pretty much an admission. nothing of public disclosure but pretty much clear they did dirty and logical people would easily understand that. only the hardcore illiterate wouldn't understand that and even if it hits them straight in the face, they would have a different version of reality of it. there's no pleasing a cultist crowd. although it would have been best to see people getting fined, fired or even jailed for dangerously spreading misinformation.

Republicans are against the two things that would boost the workforce

Companies offering higher pay rates to attract workers, and immigration.

So because of their stupid positions on those issues, they have settled on child labor as their solution.

I’d add one more (although not as impactful as the two items you mentioned), cheap or free day care, which the GOP and Manchin and Sinema rejected in 2021.

I’d be interesting to compare California households whose 4/5 year olds attend transitional kindergarten, essentially free daycare for kids who turn 5 in September through December, and those who can’t due to their birthdate and adjust for all other variables and see the level of workforce participation.

The jobs are so bad people are just dropping out of the workforce. Instead of making then even remotely better they decide child labor is the solution.

Just let it burn at this point. I can’t deal with this country’s labor problems. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom