***Official Political Discussion Thread***

Alright, look, this is how it works. Almost every venue that would ever host an event for the GOP has an agreement with A-B or Coors, the two big boys in the beer game. Both companies overwhelmingly support LGBT causes, and do branding on their bottles. It would kill business if they DIDN'T. Good luck finding a venue that doesn't serve beers from those companies.

6esqtzlgcosa1.jpg

What you listed is different than **** like this

Note that this letter doesn't actually say that there is any nudity or simulated sexual activity at this show, only that the department believes there is. It probably consulted this Twitter thread by Tayler Hansen, who provides images and clips of the show from its stop in Austin, Texas. A Drag Queen Christmas is a pretty raunchy show in the way that's familiar to anybody who has watched drag performances. But the only "nudity" found in Hansen's clips and images is a pair of absolutely fake boobs being worn by a drag queen. There is a lot of overtly sexualized behavior and gyrating from people who are not actually naked or having sex.

If I had small children, I probably would not take them to this show. But what's clear from Hansen's clips is that several parents did, voluntarily, and seemed to know that this was going to happen. The website Florida Politics notes that while the company says that "all ages" are welcome at the show, it also notes that local regulations may vary. At some venues, minors must be accompanied by an adult in order to attend (which was the case at the Austin show in Hansen's clips). At others, minors are banned entirely.

GOP: parents have the right to decide what's right for their children

Parents: take their kids to shows geared towards adults

GOP: not like this.

You fell for a classic right-wing move, which usually involves taking an unrelated issue (parents exhibiting poor judgment by taking their kids to lewd drag shows) to enact laws that criminalize harmless behavior that makes them uncomfortable.

They tried the same **** before with video games, and to this day, there are folks who still think that playing GTA turns people into career criminals.

Last edited:

tbh the fact that he's got Lenin, Stalin, and Che statues,
I think it's actually possible he is just a weird history buff. :lol:

but if you got Nazi cutlery you can't really clutch pearls when people think you're a Nazi.

the boss fight in the "garden of evil" level was epic.

https%3A%2F%2Fapptrigger.com%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F06%2Fzachary-comstock-bioshock-infinite.jpg
As time goes by, the less I think of this game. Especially its story.

Not surprising that an Ayn Rand loving libertarian wrote it

Plus I know like 6 people that have worked with Ken Levine, and they all hate him. :lol:

Mainly because of big of an ******* boss he is. Mans is Elon Musk level difficult

TBH an adolf hitler engraved is a wild object to own, i get why you might want it.

Tough to do it when you're white, tho :lol:

my bro is super into WWII history, weapons ect.
if he was a billionaire he'd def buy all that stuff.

As time goes by, the less I think of this game. Especially its story.

Not surprising that an Ayn Rand loving libertarian wrote it

Plus I know like 6 people that have worked with Ken Levine, and they all hate him. :lol:

Mainly because of big of an ******* boss he is. Mans is Elon Musk level difficult

still love the game despite my well known bias against adult libertarians. :lol:

still love the game despite my well known bias against adult libertarians. :lol:
I liked it when I came out, But I played it again recently and it cemented my dislike for it now

The shooting mechanics copied COD but as not as tight. The movement with the Sky-Line doesn't really enhance your movement in any significant way.

All the gameplay filler becomes tedious

Storywise, the stupid both sidesing of racism. A story that gets in its own way so much that after the big reveal (which is somewhat interesting), they need to explain it to you. :smh: :lol:

BioShock 1 is a better game IMO.

The fact the game was even more convoluted and they had to go back and fix his work, again and again and again, really shines through in the final product

Last edited:
I played it again recently and it cemented my dislike for it

The shooting mechanics copied COD but as not as tight. The movement with the Sky-Line doesn't really enhance your movement in any significant way.

All the gameplay filler becomes tedious

Storywise, the stupid both sidesing of racism. A story that gets in its own way so much that after the big reveal (which is somewhat interesting), they need to explain it to you. :smh: :lol:

BioShock 1 is a better game IMO.

The fact the game was even more convoluted and they had to go back and fix his work, again and again and again, really shines through in the final product
The whole Vox Populi section is def the weakest part of the game. I got what he was going for, but it felt shoe horned in.

I think despite that whole detour for me the ending of infinite hits harder,
because the game made me more invested in the relationship between Booker and Elizabeth than any of the relationships in BS1.

but I agree BS1 is top to bottom better executed.

Back
Top Bottom