***Official Political Discussion Thread***

After about an hour of public comment Thursday night, the school board voted 4-1 in support of AB 1314. The proposed state assembly bill would require schools to notify parents within 72 hours if their student starts identifying as transgender.

These parents basically snitching on themselves and their ****** parenting

Effect someone in what way? If we're talking feelings, **** your feelings.

Lmao. That’s literally what this is all about. You just told me you’d call me a cow if it made me happy. Now it’s **** my feelings.

See what I mean. **** makes no sense.

All love bredda.

Lmao. That’s literally what this is all about. You just told me you’d call me a cow if it made me happy. Now it’s **** my feelings.

See what I mean. **** makes no sense.

All love bredda.
If you want to be a cow, cool. I couldn't care less. You start ****ting in my yard, we got a problem. You wanting to be a cow doesn't affect me. You ****ting in my yard does. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Fam it's a damn rainbow, who cares

Blues Clues' target is toddlers, correct? I didn't read the above argument tbh but kids develop romantic feelings (not sexual) at a very young age. I don't recall the exact specifics, but I recall having a 'girlfriend' by the second grade. This was not some unusual thing. Obviously it's not a real relationship or anything of that sort but I don't think it's that rare for kids to develop a crush around that time. I was certainly not the first in my class.
Especially in today's world it's borderline delusional to think that love (but only gay love right?) is something a child can only handle until junior high. That's ridiculous.

I hear you this Blue Clues they don’t deal with love ( platonic and romantic) They talk about the most basic concepts then they are jumping to LGBT?

Where the other Blue Clues episodes handing subjects relative to this? Cant find them anywhere
So what? What does have to do with anything?

Is your point that because Blue Clues has not done a segment regarding other subjects, that proves the agenda to indoctrinate kids?

There are shows that talk about these issues. Sesame Street is probably the most famous kids' show ever made and it discusses these issues in a way young children can digest

Do you have children that live with you?

Yes

I hear you this Blue Clues they don’t deal with love ( platonic and romantic) They talk about the most basic concepts then they are jumping to LGBT?
Good for them! Some kids grow up in horses with 2 moms or 2 dads. Letting them know it's OK even though their friends have a mom and dad is awesome. Good for those kids to see that at an early age.

You have an issue explaing that simple concept to your kids? That's on you.

What's the worst case scenario of this supposed indoctrination? You have a gay relative? That's so horrible?
I have a suspicion that dudes might be too coward to say that they are scared of having a gay or trans kid.

And think stuff like the Blues Clues segment raises the probability of that happening

And they know they will get rightfully mocked for that opinion

So the beat around the bush with this "gay agenda"/"indoctrination" nonsense

If you want to be a cow, cool. I couldn't care less. You start ****ting in my yard, we got a problem. You wanting to be a cow doesn't affect me. You ****ting in my yard does. This isn't a hard concept to grasp.

Agreed that everyone deserves respect.

Forcing folks to bend reality to match a fantasy or someone’s feelings (which you just said don’t matter) I would say affects people.

But again. I don’t think there’s any level of argument that can be made to change how someone feels on the topic. It is what it is I guess.

Just gotta agree to disagree.

So what? What does have to do with anything?

Is your point that because Blue Clues has not done a segment regarding other subjects, that proves the agenda to indoctrinate kids?

There are shows that talk about these issues. Sesame Street is probably the most famous kids' show ever made and it discusses these issues in a way young children can digest

Yes

Yes anecdotally

Races and genders will reproduce themselves in abundance

LGBT not so much, might not even to be conscious.

Gay or Lesbian producer might think life is hard as this. “I should make an innocent segment to get rid of the taboo surrounding our lifestyle”

That’s cool but where is your segments addressing racial inequality, sexism, bullying etc?

Watching Blue Clues and they are talking about simple like “who is this?” What color is the bear” then they jump LGBT.

I’m liberal but f**** that don’t make sense

Don’t have to drink all the Koolaid

Everyone isn’t benevolent with their intentions same as heterosexual media

Last edited:
Yes anecdotally

Races and genders will reproduce themselves in abundance

LGBT not so much, might not even to be conscious.

Gay or Lesbian producer might think life is hard as this. “I should make an innocent segment to get rid of the taboo surrounding our lifestyle”

That’s cool but where is your segments addressing racial inequality, sexism, bullying etc?

Watching Blue Clues and they are talking about simple like “who is this?” What color is the bear” then they jump LGBT.

I’m liberal but f**** that don’t make sense

Don’t have to drink all the Koolaid
Sorry but this post sounds silly as hell to me.

Blue Clues is not the only program for children's television. You are just using it because you think it supports your point, while ignoring examples that undercut it

It really seems that you are coming close to implying that the LGBTQ community is trying to indoctrinate kids into being gay and trans to keep their numbers up. That there is some nefarious plan

I don't think there is any Koolaid being served. It just seems like you are being sensitive, and fragile, about something that is innocuous

So what if kids learn these people exist, and there is nothing wrong with that?

And again, you can change the damn channel

Either way, you could paint your whole interior in rainbow colors and fill the kid’s room with dolls and pride flags as long as you want, it’s not going to magically turn anyone gay

That scientific debate was settled a long time ago

I don't think it's unreasonable to say,

"I would like to introduce my child to [X] concept.
not blues clues."

but me personally I think the blues clues things is relatively innocuous.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say,

"I would like to introduce my child to [X] concept.
not blues clues."

but me personally I think the blues clues things is relatively innocuous.
That is not what is being said in here right now though

What is being said is that there is a gay agenda to indoctrinate kids (into what they won't say), and that is bad because.....reasons (they won't say either)

And Blue Clues is an example of that

That is not what is being said in here though

What is being said is that there is a gay agenda to indoctrinate kids (into specially what they won't say), and that is bad because.....reasons

sure, I get he's saying something far wilder and dumber.

im just presenting what I think is the most reasonable version of being uncomfortable with it.

Agreed that everyone deserves respect.

Forcing folks to bend reality to match a fantasy or someone’s feelings (which you just said don’t matter) I would say affects people.

But again. I don’t think there’s any level of argument that can be made to change how someone feels on the topic. It is what it is I guess.

Just gotta agree to disagree.
Education and experience changes how you feel. People feel icky about things they have no experience with. That's why racism is way worse in rural areas than cities (not that it doesn't exist there). People are afraid of what they don't know.

our planet is boiling, AI is coming for your job next year, the water wars draw near, and democracy is crumbling worldwide.

...but I get it, flags are a tough subject.
A big blue cartoon dog is tryna are kids gay, b.

WAKE UP!!!

But to be fair, you did try to warn us....

Back
Top Bottom