***Official Political Discussion Thread***

What's complicated about it? It doesn't affect you. If a man wants to dress and act like a woman, why do you care? How is that hurting you or anyone else?

And yes, I'll call you whatever you want to be called. I couldn't give a damn, just want you to be happy.

So rephrased, if a man wants to dress and lresent as a woman, why do you care? How does that affect you?

It doesn’t affect me that someone crossdresses or wants to be called something that they’re not. I like Young Thugs music. You’re literally talking about the most basic aspect. If it makes Sherman happy to be called sheila. as a respectful human being no problem. Shout out to Sheila. That’s a respect thing. But I do think a line has to be drawn.

However Sheila is still a man and shouldn’t be accepted as woman in let’s say something very simple like women’s sports or the women’s bathroom. If biological women say they’re uncomfortable with a biological man sharing their facilities or having to compete against them why is that looked at as transphobic or bigotry? Saw a board meeting arguing about non-female menstruation the other day. I It makes no sense. Sure you want to be called a girl out of respect people should call you a girl. But I shouldn’t have to bend reality to make your fantasy true.

Where is the line drawn on how far things can go I guess is the question? Can I identify as anything I feel like the world has to bend the knee?

Hey 99.9 for all mankind were made with a WAP or proximity to it

Like all that imagery isn’t leading to questions.

“What do those rainbow flags on Blues Clues mean?”

“It means 2 girl or 2 boys love each other , have pride and want to show the world”

“I love my friend Adam and I want to show the world , can I get a flag?”

“Its not like that”

“What you do mean then?”

All this from a show meant for toddlers. I can should see if we are talking about programming suitable for junior high school kids.

Don’t piss on me and tell me it’s raining, some shows want to indoctrinate.

I’m no judge. Just honestly believe this whole homosexual agenda is horrible for society in general. No disrespect to any members I just personally don’t agree with the movement on any level. Especially now that it’s spilling over into children’s learning. It’s an extremely confusing argument and it’s truthfully concerning to see how heavy it’s being solicited and pushed today. This is just my opinion though.
Remember this was what dude said

“It means 2 girl or 2 boys love each other , have pride and want to show the world”

“Its not like that”

“What you do mean then?”

All this from a show meant for toddlers. I can should see if we are talking about programming suitable for junior high school kids.

:smh: :lol: :lol:

Indoctrination for what? That LBGTQ people exist

You are scared of a child's questions? Good ******* grief

That comes off as fragile as hell to me

At some point, parents are gonna have to face the reality that their kids will learn about the world

It doesn’t affect me that someone crossdresses or wants to be called something that they’re not. I like Young Thugs music. You’re literally talking about the most basic aspect. If it makes Sherman happy to be called sheila. as a respectful human being no problem. Shout out to Sheila. That’s a respect thing. But I do think a line has to be drawn.

However Sheila is still a man and shouldn’t be accepted as woman in let’s say something very simple like women’s sports or the women’s bathroom. If biological women say they’re uncomfortable with a biological man sharing their facilities or having to compete against them why is that looked at as transphobic or bigotry? Saw a board meeting arguing about non-female menstruation the other day. I It makes no sense. Sure you want to be called a girl out of respect people should call you a girl. But I shouldn’t have to bend reality to make your fantasy true.

Where is the line drawn on how far things can go I guess is the question? Can I identify as anything I feel like the world has to bend the knee?
Sports is dicey. High-school with no hormones treatment, I get why some would be upset. Adults with years of hormone treatment? I trust the Dr's on that one.

Bathrooms? You ever been in a women's bathroom? They aren't peeing in a urinal, dawg. They are all have private toilets where they sit and do their business. What's the issue?

Yea man. Be anything you want. Whatever makes you happy! You want to be a cow? I'll moo at you as I pass instead of saying what up. Like I literally don't care. Do what makes you happy.

“Its not like that”

“What you do mean then?”

This is sad. It's acknowledging it exists, it's not indoctrination at all. You want to talk indoctrination, we can talk about church.

Sports is dicey. High-school with no hormones treatment, I get why some would be upset. Adults with years of hormone treatment? I trust the Dr's on that one.

Bathrooms? You ever been in a women's bathroom? They aren't peeing in a urinal, dawg. They are all have private toilets where they sit and do their business. What's the issue?

Yea man. Be anything you want. Whatever makes you happy! You want to be a cow? I'll moo at you as I pass instead of saying what up. Like I literally don't care. Do what makes you happy.

Lol. Well I identify as the owner of all of your shoes. Kindly and respectfully send all pairs in your and your wife’s possession to my address. Em me for details.

I have to disagree. I can respect someone and not support what they’re about. Im no bigot I just don’t think it’s right.
You sound like one

A white person says they respect a black person, they just don't think Jim Crow should persist is bigotry

A man saying he respects women, he just doesn't think they should be able to vote is bigotry

A native-born citizen of a country saying they respect immigrants, he just is against them being allowed to come to their country is bigotry

You saying you respect members of the LGBTQ community, you are just against them having full civil rights is bigotry

You can dress it up however you like, but you sound like a bigot

And people that say bigoted comments are usually......*checks notes*.....bigots

Lol. Well I identify as the owner of all of your shoes. Kindly and respectfully send all pairs in your and your wife’s possession to my address. Em me for details.
That would run foul of "Do whatever you want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else."

In a dramatic turn of events, a federal judge in Washington said Friday night in a new ruling that the FDA must keep medication abortion drugs available in at least 12 liberal states that sued the FDA to make the abortion pills.

:emoji_fire: the scope of power state federal judges have is ridiculous

I’m not sure if y’all watch children’s programs but they talk about the most basic tasks and interactions. “ Is this an umbrella?” “ Is this person happy?

Pull me up some Blue Clues talking about semi-complex concepts like bullying or depression. You can’t. They don’t even teach on racism ,sexism or discrimination. Things children will be aware of but yet they want to talk about allies, LGBT and non binary people to toddlers?

“Its not like that”

“What you do mean then?”

Fam it's a damn rainbow, who cares

Blues Clues' target is toddlers, correct? I didn't read the above argument tbh but kids develop romantic feelings (not sexual) at a very young age. I don't recall the exact specifics, but I recall having a 'girlfriend' by the second grade. This was not some unusual thing. Obviously it's not a real relationship or anything of that sort but I don't think it's that rare for kids to develop a crush around that time. I was certainly not the first in my class.
Especially in today's world it's borderline delusional to think that love (but only gay love right?) is something a child can only handle until junior high. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if y’all watch children’s programs but they talk about the most basic tasks and interactions. “ Is this an umbrella?” “ Is this person happy?

Pull me up some Blue Clues talking about semi-complex concepts like bullying or depression. You can’t. They don’t even teach on racism ,sexism or discrimination. Things children will be aware of but yet they want to talk about allies, LGBT and non binary people to toddlers?
The Blue Clues song was about people marching down a road happily

It wasn't trying to explain some complex issue to toddlers in detail

Seems to me it is more about the imaginary of the video that triggered people, not what was said in the song.

Plus it is a TV show, turn it off then and entertain your kid yourself

Nah, I was just funnin’ you.

‘Wrong’ or ‘right’ gets pretty slippery when you start talking about inter generational attitudes and approaches towards social interaction. I’m not arguing for ethical relativism here, just pointing out that it’s hard.

There are plenty of things I learned about the world that have since changed in ways I hate. But I’ve found screaming against the wind isn’t going to do anyone any good. Suits are gone from banks replaced by visible tattoos; knowledgeable retail sales associates have given way to Amazon storefronts named with random collections of letters. For me, these changes are for the worse, but society seems to prefer them and so it’s probably better for me to learn to cope.

There’s plenty of stupid stuff young people tell me that doesn’t launch much introspection on my part. Whenever I hear about open relationships or polyamory, I usually eye-roll. And it’s not because I don’t think it’s a real thing, just that I’ve been around long enough to see that the exceptional successes in such arrangements prove the rule of their general infeasibility. Same thing when young people start talking to me about Marxism (sorry, Rex) or, God help me, crypto.

The areas I’ve found it most instructive to listen to younger people are areas where there is a social outlook that is irreversibly and rapidly changing. These are areas where the young people are the ones crafting the new rules of social engagement and where my views are useless as my advice to wear a navy suit and burgundy cap-toed balmorals to an interview. I don’t defer to them as much as I look to their guidance in understanding a world that they are creating.

As an older parent, 43 when my son was born, I think a lot of this hits harder because my childhood was just so profoundly different than his. My brother wasn’t allowed to have pink as his favorite color, his best friend loves wearing a mermaid dress. And no one is labeling that 4 year old boy “trans”-anything. He’s just a boy that likes mermaids. And as I’ve tried to understand my own reactions to these changes, I’ve realized that a lot of the culture I learned as a kid is just simply irrelevant. And I’ve concluded that to the extent that I refuse to evolve, I will become likewise irrelevant.

I agree that boys should be able to wear whatever they want, and girls should be able to wear whatever they want.
but I also think gender identity is a fundamentally incoherent concept and attempts to enshrine it into law are unworkable and inevitably lead to absurdities.

Im happy to agree with the "kids" on the first thing.
but I don't think I have to defer to kids on the second. they have no special insight, and are in fact more prone to falling for faddish identity trends.

I think we should treat kids seriously and part of being treated seriously is having your claims scrutinized.

and maybe you're right and I can't stop it and my objections are "irrelevant", but it doesn't mean that Im wrong.

the next cohort of children adopted whole language learning and entire generation of children reading suffered.
sometimes the next generation is catastrophically wrong about something but are able to institute their beliefs anyways.

thems the breaks.

The Blue Clues song was about people marching down a road happily

It wasn't trying to explain some complex issue to toddlers in detail

Seems to me it is more about the imaginary of the video that triggered people, not what was said in the song.

Plus it is a TV show, turn it off then and entertain your kid yourself

Where the other Blue Clues episodes handing subjects relative to this? Cant find them anywhere

Do you have children that live with you?

Back
Top Bottom