***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I’m no judge. Just honestly believe this whole homosexual agenda is horrible for society in general. No disrespect to any members I just personally don’t agree with the movement on any level. Especially now that it’s spilling over into children’s learning. It’s an extremely confusing argument and it’s truthfully concerning to see how heavy it’s being solicited and pushed today. This is just my opinion though.
What is the "homosexual agenda" in your eyes, and what is the argument you're confused about?

I’m no judge. Just honestly believe this whole homosexual agenda is horrible for society in general. No disrespect to any members I just personally don’t agree with the movement on any level. Especially now that it’s spilling over into children’s learning. It’s an extremely confusing argument and it’s truthfully concerning to see how heavy it’s being solicited and pushed today. This is just my opinion though.
This is a really dumb take

Just reads as bigotry you are trying to pass off as something reasonable

Most of the work and accomplishments LGBTQ activists have done over the decades have been about securing basic civil rights for their community

To say you don't agree with them on any level, is to say you think people should be allowed to discriminate against the LGBTQ community. That means people lose their jobs, landlords refuse to rent to them, they not being able to marry, adopt kids, and lose parental rights to their children, etc.

Imagine saying this, and thinking it is reasonable

It's not being solicited or pushed to children. Stop watching Fox News. It's just more accepted in the world to be who you want to be. If you can't have a conversation with your child that some men like men and some women like women, that's on you as a parent. It's a real thing that exists, we don't have to shelter kids from learning about it. Kids understand things way better than we give them credit for. The only reason you feel icky about it now is you were taught that it was wrong as a kid.

most people that say this nonsense is projecting and are in the closet themselves. It's ok to be gay. Live your truth 🌈

you shouldn't conflate the concerns of everyday gay people.
with like the most extreme bleeding edge weirdos that go viral on "LibsOfTikTok" or foxnews.

Mehdi cooked this fool :pimp:

He did. Embarrassing too :lol:

6DF8735E-7B23-422C-A9A7-B37D9CC3051E.gif

he’s been having a full blown meltdown.

We can teach kids about our country's racist past without them feeling guilty about things they had no part of.

We can teach kids about lgbtq+ existing without them all turning gay overnight.

Seriously, kids are more equipped to deal with these things than we think. Where it gets ****** up is when we teach them one thing and then they learn another and it's hard for them to overcome what they were taught. If everyone was taught there were no rules when it comes to gender/sex, we wouldn't'have these issues.

It seems there are some legitimately goofy things that get taught in the name of "diversity equity and inclusion"
but if you asked regular black person if a "sense of urgency" is "White Supremacy"

they would also think it's crazy.

So yah

im sure theres a handful of goofy teachers telling kids about Ze/Zir pronouns,
but most LGBT people also think that's goofy.

I think this is also an instance of math education failing adults

There are millions of teachers in America. Most of them are concerned with getting kids through the curriculum. A good plurality of them teaches in underfunded schools.

They are not agents for the cultural progressive left. Especially since political polarization would mean a good chunk of teachers would be against it anyway.

The right finds extreme edge cases, and signal boosts them to people to act like it is happening everywhere, that there is some indoctrination going on. When this is not true.

If we did the math, the percent would probably be below 1%, probably with a zero after the decimal too. It is not a widespread agenda being pushed on kids

Even the DEI stuff centrists like to whine about, a lot of examples are in affluent white areas. This is culture war ****.

Clark County, Nevada is one of the worse school districts in the nation, mainly because of underfunding and poor management. I have worked in these schools and with these teachers.

Teachers are not plotting to indoctrinate kids, they are worried about how they are gonna control a classroom of 40-50 kids. With a good chunk who can't get through the material

In schools, most teachers that speak positively about the LGBTQ community to young kids are mostly just telling kids gay people and trans people exist, and that it is perfectly ok if someone is like that.

Last edited:
We can teach kids about lgbtq+ existing without them all turning gay overnight.

Man, I think I’ve learned more about gender and sexuality from young people than I’ve taught.

These new teenagers and young adults have such a practical view on this, that it seems obvious after the fact. I feel like the whole pronoun debate is already cringily outdated. Most of the kids I’ve talked to are post labels. “Why is it important for you to categorize who I like? What matters is who I’m with.”

HairyEagerFanworms-max-1mb.gif

maybe im dumb but I have no idea what any of this means.
I was talking to a teenager (born and identifies as female) who is dating a girl. I asked her if some probing questions about orientation and she saw where I was going.

She’s never dated a guy before, and hasn’t been inclined to, but she wasn’t ruling it out. I asked her if she identified as bisexual and then she gave me that quote. Then she asked me if I was attracted to every woman and pointed out that all this classification just unnecessarily ring fences and makes things unnecessarily complex. No reason to generalize who you like and when. “What matters is who I’m with.”

I saw no lies.

I was talking to a teenager (born and identifies as female) who is dating a girl. I asked her if some probing questions about orientation and she saw where I was going.

She’s never dated a guy before, and hasn’t been inclined to, but she wasn’t ruling it out. I asked her if she identified as bisexual and then she gave me that quote. Then she asked me if I was attracted to every woman and pointed out that all this classification just unnecessarily ring fences and makes things unnecessarily complex. No reason to generalize who you like and when. “What matters is who I’m with.”

I saw no lies.

yah i dunno tbh sounds like some typical idealistic teen nonsense.
categories are useful and help similarly situated people identify each other.

but hey kids are gunna be kids.

I feel like adults in my age demo are way to credulous when it comes to the claims of children.

We grew up in a time where a lot of adult were on the "wrong side of history"
but that doesn't mean the kids always have some secret wisdom.

Categories, like any abstraction, are only contextually useful. And I had to agree that in that context, there wasn’t any use in my categorizing her.

I mean, write it off as young idealism if you like. To me it feels more like a generational shift in attitudes. Fortunately, it doesn’t really matter what either of thinks. We’ll be dead soon enough.

Everyone doesn't fit into a box. We don't have to label individuals.

I feel like adults in my age demo are way to credulous when it comes to the claims of children.

You objections there just come off as petty and kinda dumb

Some teenager doesn't like their own personal sexuality categorized. Which seems fine to me, because of the context. Like so what.

From what TooOlfForThisIsh TooOlfForThisIsh said, they were not making some major commentary on society as a whole, or the use of categories as a whole

Last edited:

Every generation goes through this. Olds always look down on kids and say they don't know ****. Hell when I was a kid the flavor of the decade was olds telling kids that gangster rap was going to ruin the world. That was pure racism. Now homophobia and tranphobia are the flavor of the decade. That's pure bigotry. Old people always have some **** to mad about. Live your life, stop worrying about the kids. The kids are alright.

Back
Top Bottom