***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This is why people need to understand there's not room for moderate republican talk anymore. Especially if you live in TN or these districts, they make it obvious what their beliefs are. The **** would they even say to try and defend this without being void of intellectual honesty? Like seriously, what can you even come up with

On a national scale the Supreme Court is also a game to them to get their own way with minority rule. Democracy is only an option when people vote with them. Wild, wild ******* they are attempting now

I'm looking at the political map and thinking back to 2016. There were two competing theories about how the broader left would cause change. There was the Clinton/Schumer theory of change, the idea that the GOP is so disgusting that large numbers of people, especially white women in the suburbs, would change sides, that's the persuasion theory. Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders said that what you have to do is to bring in demographic groups that are likely to vote for you but you have to increase their share of the electorate, the mobilization theory.

In 2016, both theories made some headway but ultimately did not achieve their goals.

Then Dobbs happened and as it turns out, both theories of change were correct, just a bit premature. Now, we get to see mobilization and persuasion taking the field. The GOP is caught in an electoral pincer and it is glorious to see.

They are already saying her son was threatening to shoot up a school, who knows the truth though.

Yah I'm gunna go ahead and say she made it all up.

Since she's famous for making things up.

Petty sure she's a basic GoFundMe scammer, using liberal hate for Desantis to generate 6 figure donation drives.

There's a good Blocked and Reported podcast ep on her various scams.

Any word on fees? Seems like a pretty crowded space. I guess I’d be irritated if I owned Zelle, etc.

I haven’t heard anything about fees, but from my understanding, the “Fednow” service is meant to be the middle man for ALL payments. When you make a purchase at a store, your bank sends the money to Fednow, and then Fednow sends it to the merchant. So there are a lot of privacy concerns amongst the people discussing it.

The banks have to opt in to Fednow, but I’m sure many will. It’s going to be interesting to see how it goes down. I work in Banking and there’s been ZERO talk of it.

Yah I'm gunna go ahead and say she made it all up.

Since she's famous for making things up.

Petty sure she's a basic GoFundMe scammer, using liberal hate for Desantis to generate 6 figure donation drives.

There's a good Blocked and Reported podcast ep on her various scams.
There's video of her turning her son in, so she definitely lied about being raided. Shame you gotta look out for people looking to manipulate righteous anger about very serious things during very serious times.

lol. Couldn’t disagree more on the topic but all love bredda.
Probably a better discussion here so bringing it over.

Man we collect freaking sneakers. You're in no position to think someone else is weird or wrong for choice they make. It doesn't affect you, live your life. Let everyone do what makes them happy. Life is too short to worry about what others do.

I haven’t heard anything about fees, but from my understanding, the “Fednow” service is meant to be the middle man for ALL payments. When you make a purchase at a store, your bank sends the money to Fednow, and then Fednow sends it to the merchant. So there are a lot of privacy concerns amongst the people discussing it.

The banks have to opt in to Fednow, but I’m sure many will. It’s going to be interesting to see how it goes down. I work in Banking and there’s been ZERO talk of it.

I guess I see the privacy concerns if adoption gets mandated, but there are so many cash settlement platforms for banks now that the market will stop any drift to monopoly?

I also work for a bank, albeit the broker dealer side, and I also hadn’t heard about it. I wonder if it’s just not getting traction.

This service is kind of funny to me given the timeline of SVB. The Fed was unwilling to open their discount window after 4 and so SVB couldn’t get emergency financing on their treasuries. Doesn’t exactly instill confidence in an instant settlement platform.

I’m surprised the GOP hasn’t just propped up some insanely attractive white lady as a candidate. All she’d have to do is be relatively smart and have good social skills and not be completely psycho. I feel like she could get all the “swing” votes and all of the regular base republican votes.
Y’all really under sell misogyny :lol:

Probably a better discussion here so bringing it over.

Man we collect freaking sneakers. You're in no position to think someone else is weird or wrong for choice they make. It doesn't affect you, live your life. Let everyone do what makes them happy. Life is too short to worry about what others do.

I’m no judge. Just honestly believe this whole homosexual agenda is horrible for society in general. No disrespect to any members I just personally don’t agree with the movement on any level. Especially now that it’s spilling over into children’s learning. It’s an extremely confusing argument and it’s truthfully concerning to see how heavy it’s being solicited and pushed today. This is just my opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom