***Official Political Discussion Thread***

This the legacy of GOP politics...

That's what I always find really interesting about the US - on one hand you've got the greatest country in the modern world - NASA, skyscrapers, fantastic inventions, pristine and glossy - and then you have people in the middle of the country with no running water, no teeth and dying of treatable disease because they have no access to healthcare.

The disparities are incredible.

e30uei1mvqma1.jpg

F9-Space-1200x675.jpg

That's what I always find really interesting about the US - on one hand you've got the greatest country in the modern world - NASA, skyscrapers, fantastic inventions, pristine and glossy - and then you have people in the middle of the country with no running water, no teeth and dying of treatable disease because they have no access to healthcare.

and that's why those people were responsible for voting for a criminal like dump trump.

We aren’t the only outlier in equality vs. average productivity, but we’re pretty close…

We aren’t the only outlier in equality vs. average productivity, but we’re pretty close…

You know, if you have lived in one of those "poor" countries, the US is rather ordinary when it comes to what you describe. You got the big rich cities with extravagant displays of wealth, and the run down rural communities that get by however they can.

I found out that making this observation is probably the quickest way to offend most Americans, even though most of them have never been to the really poor areas of the country and always behave as if they don't exist.

You know, if you have lived in one of those "poor" countries, the US is rather ordinary when it comes to what you describe. You got the big rich cities with extravagant displays of wealth, and the run down rural communities that get by however they can.

I found out that making this observation is probably the quickest way to offend most Americans, even though most of them have never been to the really poor areas of the country and always behave as if they don't exist.

That’s all true, but I have to admit I was *shocked* to see India had a lower Gini coefficient. I mean, I need to think a bit more on what effects the higher moments have on that particular variance measure, and I know that there’s a lot of undifferentiated mass at the left end of India’s distribution, but it was still very surprising to me.

Back
Top Bottom