***Official Political Discussion Thread***

I hate that the only activist we talk about nowadays are people that yell on Twitter all day.

When most real activist work in their communities trying to bring about positive change.

Liking imagine spending years trying to fighting for voting rights, or proper sanitation in your town, or for the police to have a civilian review board and you see dumb **** like that show making activism out to be some social media contest.

And on top of that, you see a bunch of reactionary idiots on the left also completely dismiss your views because they don't like what some other people are doing Twitter.

Like I know people in their 50s and 60s that do **** like drive 5 hours to Carson City during legislative sessions just to be heard, or spend their nights and weekends trying to get homeless people basic services. These people aren't even on social media beyond organizing their groups on FB from time to time.

Yet some clowns bickering online, and the reactionary clowns that are overly upset by this, suck all the air out if the room

God bless the people doing good work, and not getting hung up on the nonsense

Andrew Yang was exactly who everybody thought he was.
I would just like to point out you and I were at the forefront of the "**** Yang" movement in here

The red flags were obvious with dude

And got worse as thing progressed

I just know "cancel culture is out of control" "identity politics is hurting the control" "The woke mob is the threat to free speech" takes gonna be popping off.

His media tour is gonna be nasty :smh:

Last edited:

Capitalism can commodify anything.

America’s Got Talent SJW edition and they didn't even bring on Shaun King as a judge?

EA4DA288-B950-4BB1-9463-8C188F63519F.gif

the show might be a good thing, show activists, helping the poor, raising money for homeless shelters ect

Instead of the ones that get attention by pursing toxically unpopular, counterproductive ideas. :lol:

I gotta find somewhere else to live before the American Taliban have a 7-2 4th quarter lead

Breyer's argument about people faith in the court strengthening democracy is so ******* dumb when you think of it

Democracy is strengthened because people accept the rulings of an nonelected body made up mostly of hand-picked elites. Who when they need to suppress minority rights, make **** up about what some slaveholder holders would have wanted. Really bruh?

So I guess to him people accepting how grossly bad the Dredd Scott ruling was, was actually god for democracy

The Court basically allowing Jim Crow to be put in place, was great for democracy

Again, liberals like to point to the Warren Court but they had the back of a popular elected Congress, low polarization, and a popular elected executive branch. Who supported their most important rulings with troops.

The dude uses people accepting an election being stolen as a positive. Hell if Bush lost the Supreme Court ruling, they were planning to ask state legislators to overturn their results so he could.

Over the past couple of decades, when it seemed the Dems were gonna finally capture the legislative and executive branches and hold them for a while, Republicans openly discussed how it wouldn't be so bad because we have the courts, so we can veto much of their policies. Some of those people are on the Supreme Court right now.

Mans is so lost in the self-importance sauce he can't even think straight. Like does he even read all the books and articles from liberal Supreme Court scholars talking about how much the court has undermined democracy?

Dude is a clown

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom