***Official Political Discussion Thread***

So you as a proud Naija man is celebrating failure, low-level scamming, struggle clout chasing, and giving out what is essentially a participation trophy. Damn :smh:

I ain't playing man. Soon as I get dem bands off of Dream, I'm pulling up to Lagos like...
CaptureCLint.PNG
:lol:

nah never celebrate failure.

but enjoying the suffering of people you don't like, that's as Nigerian as it gets. :pimp:

tanking yang and electing the former republican cop is a hilarious form of "getting the last laugh"

Ahhh I forgot Adam was your fallback to claiming the libs got owned. **** all other context

I'm sure all Adams will sufficiently keep them in check though. Should be a great next four years for folk hung up about young progressives like you and Bill Maher. :D

While Yang blesses us with this new project

Last edited:
The Supreme Court has too much power

The Supreme Court has mostly been and roadblock to true justice in this country.

The Warren Court that an exception to the rule

But if the liberal left were able to hold it, they could do tons of good to further the rights of marginalized groups in America. But instead old white liberal elite dropped the ball over and over and over. And in the last years of his life, Breyer is flirting with the idea that no one who lives in America, or born within the next decade will ever see a liberal court. Hell, he is guaranteeing we get a far-far right reactionary one if he doesn't retire while the Dems have the trifecta.

I mean, Breyer and RGB were on the bench for this, and they still put their own personal feelings above doing the right thing...

Nah term limits are stupid.

Like america would clearly be better off if obama could have run for a third term.
I am not in favor of term limits for elected positions

But the Supreme Court is a ridiculous institution. Way too much power and they have no accountability to the public.

A majority of the Justices on the court were appointed and confirmed by bodies that didn't get a majority of the vote.

If Justice wants to be able to stay on the court for life, they should be made to run for reelection. Or make sure the people appointing them have been elected by the majority

But given the rules of the game right now, Breyer (like RGB before him), are being ridiculous

I am not in favor of term limits for elected positions

But the Supreme Court is a ridiculous institution. Way too much power and they have no accountability to the public.

A majority of the Justices on the court were appointed and confirmed by bodies that didn't get a majority of the vote.

If Justice wants to be able to stay on the court for life, they should be made to run for reelection. Or make sure the people appointing them have been elected by the majority

But given the rules of the game right now, Breyer (like RGB before him), are being ridiculous

Yah in Canada it's a mandatory retirement at 75 which is basically like a 15-20 year term limits which works well enough.

But knowing republics they'd start nominating 19 year old Brietbart interns for the court.

Last edited:
Stephen Breyer isa fancy person who thinks he's he's very special because he reached the top of the fancy meritocrat pyramid.

He's more commited to being a fancy lawyer than Progressivism.
giphy.gif

That is a Yglesias take, I remember that Substack post.

But I guess he owed you for that struggle Kamala joint he wrote. Y'all two outchea trading takes like they are picks on draft night

Yah in Canada it's a mandatory retirement at 75 Wich is basically like a 15-20 year term limits which works well enough.

But knowing republics they'd start nominating 19 year old Brietbart interns for the court.
If Kavanaugh listens to my aunt and starts taking those scam Dr. Sebi life-extending supplements, mans might be the same thing in practice

Mans gonna be 90, repealing the Civil Rights Bill, with the most alkaline blood in the land

giphy.gif

That is a Yglesias take, I remember that Substack post.

But I guess he owed you for that struggle Kamala joint he wrote. Y'all two outchea trading takes like they are picks on draft night

I feel like my dislike of fancy white liberals doing counterproductive things because of their commitment to fancy white liberals culture has been well established. :lol:

I feel like my dislike of fancy white liberals doing counterproductive things because of their commitment to fancy white liberals culture has been well established. :lol:
He sure ok, I am will happily acknowledge that you have held this position (even though we disagree as what falls into counterproductive).

But c'mon dude, you mean to tell me you naturally thought of this bar...

Stephen Breyer isa fancy person who thinks he's he's very special because he reached the top of the fancy meritocrat pyramid.

He's more commited to being a fancy lawyer than Progressivism.

Months after Matty wrote this...

garland.PNG

Give Contrarian Constanza his co-writing credit. Mans is the Bigge to your Jay-Z.

He sure ok, I am will happily acknowledge that you have held this position (even though we disagree as what falls into counterproductive).

But c'mon dude, you mean to tell me you naturally thought of this bar...

Months after Matty wrote this...

garland.PNG

Give Contrarian Constanza his co-writing credit. Mans is the Bigge to your Jay-Z.

oh i definitely read that and 100% agree

i like to think of it as a Quentin miller drake situation.

but im Drake. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom