OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

for a three he’s pretty slow
he can’t shoot
has no handles

you gotta leave fournier at that spot for the shooting alone

i dont mean full time, but just for a few minutes to get Obi more PT, depending on the situation, matchups, etc.

I believe we have a good problem, I think we have capable guys that can play .. some offense and others both ends from top to bottom. We are also super young so the core (whomever that be) can grow with each other. The issue I see putting some dudes on the backburner and lettting them rot on the bench.

Jalen is taking all of Burks minutes, Sims/Hartenstein taking all of Noel/Taj minutes, Rose is back so I feel like IQ is again the odd man out. Which I don’t mind.

I don’t think he’s that good really. Had a terrible 80% of the year then balled out the last 2 months against mediocre lineups.

thats true, but my focus is more on getting Obi more minutes. Randle is going to play 30+ mpg. not much time for Obi, even assuming those two will be the only ones playing the 4. IQ needs to come off the bench at the 2 IMO. behind Evan/Grimes or whomever starts.

Official Knick
FXfgWmBUUAAkdae

i really feel the cost of picks would exceed the benefit there. defense would suffer
plus who else? cam, randle, fournier? doubt utah would take them in a pkg

I am not crazy about getting Donovan Mitchell. Defensively our backcourt gonna be the worst in the league :lol:

I am not crazy about getting Donovan Mitchell. Defensively our backcourt gonna be the worst in the league :lol:

I don't like that backcourt either... even when Murray was suggested I disagreed... if we didn't have brunson I'd say Mitchell at the 1 and RJ at the 2... but whatever let's roll the dice and get a big name at the garden so trade for Mitchell as long as we keep RJ

ehhhh at least Murray is a good defender. him and Donovan would be OK. Brunson and Donovan is food for these superstar guards. hell, even Rose and IQ are sub par defenders. our first and second unit would get cooked :lol:

Utah had Conley and Donovan. The defense of a washed Conley was nonexistent too. Outside of Royce and Gobert they really didn’t have much defenders.

Make the move.

Back
Top Bottom