OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Always in favor of the bigger lineups when possible but Grimes also kinda needs starter minutes. Thibs gotta adjust his min. distribution.

Knicks named Diop their gleague team coach

FXVu16SUcAI59Ct

I wish I would see Grimes do more off the dribble. He has the explosion and he has the quickness with his dribbles but he doesn’t setup his defender the right way so people jump in front of him. I can see how he was an all American based off that alone. I hope he’s got the right people around him this summer to work on that aspect because his 3 and D is already at a great level. If he can become a more complete scorer he can really be a great guard.

Sims I’ve been high on since I saw him last year and he’s more confident now dribbling and such and even doing mroe than just dunking around the rim.

McBride, I don’t know. You see some spots but he’s just a backup level guard. But nothing wrong with finding a good role player for the bench in the late 2nd round.

Man Sims is a freak! Between him and Mitch, the Center position is locked down for the next 3 seasons minimum. That means no matter what point of the game we are in, the paint is getting locked DOWN. And they are both young as hell (Mitch is 6 months older than Sims). We got both these dudes in the 2nd round too. Incredible scouting that has been overlooked IMO

Also like what I see from Grimes as a playmaker. I think he's more than a 2 dimension 3 and D guy like he's been pigeonholed

We've always been good at finding role players. The issue is they usually end up doing better with other franchises long term :lol:
Well, that's one reason why it was important to resign Mitch. He's the first Knick since 1994 to resign after their rookie deal. That's almost 30yrs. As frustrating as the Knicks can be (especially the front office), we can't really ***** and complain about not having a culture and making bad decisions year after year, when we are actually finally making the type of moves that show the exact opposite. Only 3 vets exist on this roster currently. RJ is the next rookie to resign. The culture is changing slowly but surely. It's just hard to have patience with these fools because of the BS for most the last 25 years

Chest out after a summer league game is awesome :lol:
Naw man ... is all jokes.

But I just wanted to point out what I was saying. The reality is that both Duece and Sims will be relegated to the bench while Grimes will be scrapping some left over minutes.

Anyways, my point was/is ... our guys need developing and clearly they have talent. Let them rock and if they fail they fail and move on. Stop trying to hit homers with others dude in the same position that were given an opportunity. I was told Duece couldn't make a bucket but when in the G league he was lighting them up .. now in the SL he is playing point, getting dudes involved, playing D and when needed scoring .... yet I'm gonna hear the difference in comp is yada yada yada ... yet Paolo is getting praise .. so then you will hear "well Paolo is a teen our guys are old". Its just a vicious cycle on ****ting on our dudes while slobbering an undrafted guard that was given an opportunity.

Naw man ... is all jokes.

But I just wanted to point out what I was saying. The reality is that both Duece and Sims will be relegated to the bench while Grimes will be scrapping some left over minutes.

Anyways, my point was/is ... our guys need developing and clearly they have talent. Let them rock and if they fail they fail and move on. Stop trying to hit homers with others dude in the same position that were given an opportunity. I was told Duece couldn't make a bucket but when in the G league he was lighting them up .. now in the SL he is playing point, getting dudes involved, playing D and when needed scoring .... yet I'm gonna hear the difference in comp is yada yada yada ... yet Paolo is getting praise .. so then you will hear "well Paolo is a teen our guys are old". Its just a vicious cycle on ****ting on our dudes while slobbering an undrafted guard that was given an opportunity.
I know bro. I feel you 100%. I want the young guys to be great man. I still have faith for sure

tbf, a lot of dudes playing in SL are rooks. Deuce, Grimes, Sims, and even Hunt benefit from playing in the same system. look at how Moody was balling out in game 1. i agree that they all show promise, but as others have said, Mitch and Sims are redundant. Thibs is going to play Hartenstein bc he offers a different skillset than those two. ideally, we move Randle and have a big man rotation of Obi, Hartenstein, Mitch, and Sims. we have a log jam at every position bc all of our guys need developmental minutes. much better problem than the one we've had for the last couple decades of just playing old heads.

My son had a basketball camp last week and got to meet McBride July 1st.. he was shooting around and taking pics with the kids at the camp. I stayed for a while to watch him work . He's decent but a little small... I'm only 5'10 and his 6'1 frame was very underwhelming in person..

Either way the knicks look like a young team with unlimited potential depending on how they're developed over the summer.

Back
Top Bottom