OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Utah had Conley and Donovan. The defense of a washed Conley was nonexistent too. Outside of Royce and Gobert they really didn’t have much defenders.

Make the move.

that is true, but considering our team was most successful when we had a top rated defense, we should go back to that.

**** it, I'm in on Mitchell.

Awkward backcourt fit but the alternatives are 1) build around the young guys (which I think are good but none are real building blocks) or 2) save our assets for another potential star trade, and who knows when there will be another star who wants out AND wants to come here.

Get the talent, figure out the rest later.

86880F06-CD9B-44D3-A418-303F71B4ED35.jpeg

**** it, I'm in on Mitchell.

Awkward backcourt fit but the alternatives are 1) build around the young guys (which I think are good but none are real building blocks) or 2) save our assets for another potential star trade, and who knows when there will be another star who wants out AND wants to come here.

Get the talent, figure out the rest later.
I’m with you but not if we get Ainged

A trade for a Mitchell,
Randle or Fournier would have to go for salary. But what else would it take??

Utah may want Mitch, especially to replace Gobert

So It’ll probably take Randle / Mitch / IQ or Cam and how many picks ?

Sims - OBI - RJ - Mitchell - Brunson ?

Last edited:
i apologize if I’m being irrational but I really don’t want Mitchell :lol: I just really don’t think he’s got that ‘it’ factor I fear that with him we will be a perennial 3rd or 4th seed team just always in the mix but never able to get over that hump

I feel the same way... I just want Mitchell here for the lulz... everyone wants the trade to happen so I'm a jump on the bandwagon too... but if it doesn't work I'm a be that guy that said I told you so

Fournier (salary), Cam, Obi, IQ, Sims, 5 FRPs (3 of other teams and 2 of our own unprotected)

Im not doing the trade if we gotta move RJ and unprotected picks. It’s one or the other. At that point we’d have no depth and not that good of a team.

i dunno man these potential trades feel very Melo trade ish.

Dont get me wrong, I love Melo always and forever.

who's worse ian begley or Robert Rudolph the friday night Knicks guy... he's always starting some wild rumors lol

I don’t think you can trade players just signed right away, so I don’t think Mitch or Sims can be moved for a few months

**** Mitchell and **** Utah.

They had a defensive player of the year and Mitchell with some ok help and they never did anything but be good in the regular season and stink in the playoff. Hence the reason why they are here .... can't draft good players and the ones they have aren't it.

But no .... we want instant gratification.... lets gut our team ... lets use all these assets ... lets make the playoffs and then what??????

Have nothing .... begging vets to come for league minimum to build a squat and try to hit on Undrafted dudes.

We are moving the right direction ... but but we dont know when the next star will want a trade .... news flash .... I didnt hear Mitchell wanted to be traded .. they blowing up the team .... and I def see difference makers asking and forcing their way out of teams ..... Harden/Kyrie/Simmons perhaps KD etc ... you never know wtf is going to happen.

Stay put you have a plethora of assets unrestricted and restricted picks ... see how these teams with talent do going forward and see what you have.

No to Mitchell.

Back
Top Bottom