OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Why Cuban mad we got to sign Brunson outright instead of sign and trade, super mad you couldnt get nothing from us. Tsk

Last edited:
dolan proposing the NY melo farewell tour complete with guaranteed 35min a night and last one announced during lineups :pimp:

i don’t even care honestly just give me an excuse to buy a 2022 melo authentic please

I'm hoping m&n makes a melo Knicks jersey...

If Quick is viewed in higher regard, I’m all for switching & sending him here instead of Cam.

Send them another 1st if necessary. Thanks Minny. Take the team’s own 1st for next yr.

Odds are that’ll be a low pick. NYK has control over KD for what’s left of his prime. And still have RJ & the crew.

They get their “AS” & shooters.

Price of the brick going down?

204308D7-91CD-4DCB-B325-F45620BCB536.jpeg

Hope Leon at least picks up the phone cuz it’s anybody’s game apparently.

No to KD for me, I understand hes an elite superstar, but age wise i like staying around the 20s and groom players for more then 4 years.

the nets would sooner give KD away for free to literally any other team before they’d give him to us for our best package

even entertaining the thought is just silly

How did Knicks tamper ?

some Knicks brass and Randle attended a Mavs playoff game, so they're using that as cause for tampering. of course Brunson has ties all over our org, but idk if they can really prove it bc he can deny any face to face conversation that may have occurred between his dad for example. i mean is it really tampering if your pops says, "son it would be cool to coach you"? i think writers took his relationship with the Knicks and kept pushing that him signing with us was a done deal, thus making it seem suspicious.

i didnt read it, but i can only assume that it has to do with our inability to sign top free agents and that PG has been a huge need of ours. while Brunson might not be the best FA this offseason, we did manage to sign a quality player and fill a need.

My assessment of leon is 50/50… he’s not terrible but he’s ok at best…The Obi pick was dumb… not saying that because he’s a bad player… I actually think he has potential… but pointless to draft him when you know randle is starting and he will just ride the bench…you can say its thibs fault but it’s the gm/president fault because they have to consider getting guys who fit the coaches system… another mistake was trading for cam… you just gave up a first round pick for cam to ride the bench something knox was already doing…also running it back with noel, burks and signing kemba… you resigned those two and sign kemba only to trade them for cap space to get Brunson… which I have no problem with but you just gave up draft picks to get rid of their contract including the #11 pick…you knew Jalen was a free agent the following year why resign them or at least sign them or someone else to 1 year deals instead…the kemba deal was a mistake because thibs didn’t like that he was a small pg that didn’t play defense… but didn’t they realize that before signing him and didn’t they know he was damaged goods hence why boston got rid of him so easily…

My assessment of leon is 50/50… he’s not terrible but he’s ok at best…The Obi pick was dumb… not saying that because he’s a bad player… I actually think he has potential… but pointless to draft him when you know randle is starting and he will just ride the bench…you can say its thibs fault but it’s the gm/president fault because they have to consider getting guys who fit the coaches system… another mistake was trading for cam… you just gave up a first round pick for cam to ride the bench something knox was already doing…also running it back with noel, burks and signing kemba… you resigned those two and sign kemba only to trade them for cap space to get Brunson… which I have no problem with but you just gave up draft picks to get rid of their contract including the #11 pick…you knew Jalen was a free agent the following year why resign them or at least sign them or someone else to 1 year deals instead…the kemba deal was a mistake because thibs didn’t like that he was a small pg that didn’t play defense… but didn’t they realize that before signing him and didn’t they know he was damaged goods hence why boston got rid of him so easily…

Tbf, Randle’s deal was about to expire, so drafting his replacement was the right thing to do. The problem is that Randle balled out, so he got resigned and Obi become redundant.

Noel and Burks both played well in our playoff season. They rightfully deserved to be resigned. Again, injuries and forcing Burks to play pg made those signings look bad too.

The Kemba one was a head-scratcher. Even though he had a good season with Boston, he wasn’t a Thibs guy.

Cam is all potential, which seems like it won’t be reached. Aka Knox pt 2.

Some moves will always look bad in hindsight. That’s just how it is. Personally, Leon has at least been the most competent president we’ve had in years, not that that’s saying much. He tries to correct his mistakes and addresses team needs. Y’all just have to remember that just bc we want to sign player x for y money, doesn’t mean they want to come here or will agree to what we offer. Can’t base everything on just reports. We could be contacting 50 FAs and they either don’t want to come here or want more money than we’re willing to give.

Back
Top Bottom