OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I honestly don't see what the hype is with mitchell... is he good yes he is but I dont see how he moves the needle... he doesnt play defense, he cant get out the second round and hes a high volume scorer... he reminds me of melo just a point guard version...and at least melo got to the conference finals in denver and can rebound...that would be a bad fit with brunson...if we didnt have brunson at all and needed a point guard I rather go with shai instead of mitchell

I honestly don't see what the hype is with mitchell... is he good yes he is but I dont see how he moves the needle... he doesnt play defense, he cant get out the second round and hes a high volume scorer... he reminds me of melo just a point guard version...and at least melo got to the conference finals in denver and can rebound...that would be a bad fit with brunson...if we didnt have brunson at all and needed a point guard I rather go with shai instead of mitchell
This is why people hate Knicks fans.

We talking down on Donovan Mitchell?

The cycle is sick smh

Problem is almost every top star is locked in to a contract now. No more free agency. So we’d have to trade all our assets for one at this point if we want to get to that next step.

I like Donovan Mitchell, but Utah just got 4 1st round picks for Gobert. They’re going to want 5 for Donovan 😂😂

and lets just say we somehow traded for mitchell then what? we would have to give up like 4-5 unprotected draft picks plus RJ plus Obi or IQ... would you still do the trade

Id give them every pick we have outside of our own and whatever young guys they want outside of RJ.

We have chosen not to tank, so this is what it will come down to.

He’s better than any player we have but he’s not some franchise carrying superstar either. Everything you go boy you go boy said is true…
Doesn't matter.

Only a Knicks fan can say what was bolded then follow up with what was said after.

Who the **** are we to nitpick :lol:

If we we're the eastern conference version of the Utah Jazz and had a player of Mitchell's caliber maybe just maybe we won't be the laughing stock of the NBA and other great players would consider signing or forcing their way here

I am 30 years old and we have NEVER been a legit title contender or a piece away

This **** has gotten extremely old

Doesn't matter.

Only a Knicks fan can say what was bolded then follow up with what was said after.

Who the **** are we to nitpick :lol:

If we we're the eastern conference version of the Utah Jazz and had a player of Mitchell's caliber maybe just maybe we won't be the laughing stock of the NBA and other great players would consider signing or forcing their way here

I am 30 years old and we have NEVER been a legit title contender or a piece away

This **** has gotten extremely old
We’ve never been a piece away because we don’t value our assets well. Whether players or picks we lose every trade by acting too rashly and giving up more than we get. It’s not like I would oppose having Mitchell join the team, it’s just a recipe for disaster if we overpay for him again.

Meanwhile look at a team like Utah that consistently wins trades.

We’ve never been a piece away because we don’t value our assets well. Whether players or picks we lose every trade by acting too rashly and giving up more than we get. It’s not like I would oppose having Mitchell join the team, it’s just a recipe for disaster if we overpay for him again.

Meanwhile look at a team like Utah that consistently wins trades.
Jared Jeffries in Boston still haunts me

**** the Knicks

and lets just say we somehow traded for mitchell then what? we would have to give up like 4-5 unprotected draft picks plus RJ plus Obi or IQ... would you still do the trade
I can give them these NUTS.

The only thing thats keeeping me content is Leon not doing anything our of the norm but not doing stupid **** to **** us over long term.

Everything can be rectified within a couple of years and still have picks so.

It’s a move they have to make. Theyve been hoarding picks for a move exactly like this. Just gotta be smart about it and not risk your entire future (Picks wise). None of our young guys will be max players or multiple all stars, so idc who goes. Def keep RJ though.

Donovan ain’t no savior, but if we’re not gonna use our picks to actually draft rookies and if we just signed a win now type PG then what’s our next step if we don’t make this move?

This is why people hate Knicks fans.

We talking down on Donovan Mitchell?

The cycle is sick smh

I just don’t think he’s a good fit. If we hadn’t signed Brunson, then go for it. But Spida wants the ball in his hands and we just paid Brunson to do just that. Not that they’re the same level of talent but it would be redundant to have both.

If we move Randle in a trade for Spida I’d be ok. But dude will absolutely pout every night being 4th in usage rate behind Brunson, Spida, and RJ. I’d like to bring in Trez to back up Obi. Need a hustler type big man with attitude.

I just don’t think he’s a good fit. If we hadn’t signed Brunson, then go for it. But Spida wants the ball in his hands and we just paid Brunson to do just that. Not that they’re the same level of talent but it would be redundant to have both.

Brunson produced while playing with one of the biggest ball hogs in the league in Luka. Defensively it’ll suck, but no one will be able to guard them either.

Brunson produced while playing with one of the biggest ball hogs in the league in Luka. Defensively it’ll suck, but no one will be able to guard them either.

while i agree, lets ignore the nepotism for a bit. maybe Brunson wanted to go to a situation where he would be the lead guard. and to your point, we would have the smallest and worse defensive backcourt in the league. Thibs wont allow it.

while i agree, lets ignore the nepotism for a bit. maybe Brunson wanted to go to a situation where he would be the lead guard. and to your point, we would have the smallest and worse defensive backcourt in the league. Thibs wont allow it.

Thats on the front office at that point to add wings that can guard. I just think this is the type of move that will attract other players to come play here.

Brunson - Spida - RJ - Randle - Mitch is really really solid 5. Would bring the most out of Randle too since he’ll be more of the 3rd/4th option now and would have much less pressure.

We’re clearly not tanking and every other FA is locked up. No more disgruntled all stars at this point. Just bite the bullet and make the move. The rest of the roster can be figured out later.

Screenshot_20220702-114315.png

This stat is INSANITY

I'm good with the Brunson signing now. But I don't want to give up what we have to give up for Donovan. As much as I like him, DMitch/Brunson backcourt is FOOD and we will not be able to stop any team in the NBA. I'd much rather us find a way to send Julius to Mars than trade all our assets to get Donovan

the problem is besides our own draft picks RJ is are only good asset that teams will want... its non negotiable and you have to include him if you want someone like Mitchell... still disagree in trading RJ though

I agree though all those draft picks should be used in a big trade for someone like donovan... lets see what Leon can do with the draft picks he accumulated

Last edited:
Ok then trade all those picks for Durant then. Dont we have 11 FRPs in the next 6 years? They can have everything until 2026.

Either way we need to make some kind of move. Brunson RJ and Randle is good for a 6-9th seed. We wanna be a 6-9th seed for the next 3 years?

It’s a move they have to make. Theyve been hoarding picks for a move exactly like this. Just gotta be smart about it and not risk your entire future (Picks wise). None of our young guys will be max players or multiple all stars, so idc who goes. Def keep RJ though.

Donovan ain’t no savior, but if we’re not gonna use our picks to actually draft rookies and if we just signed a win now type PG then what’s our next step if we don’t make this move?

It doesn’t make sense now man

Now we’re going to have two undersized guards who always need the ball in their hands and barely play defense?

Mitchell dream is a wrap now. He’ll be in Brooklyn in 3 team deal.

our 5 now is actually not bad... I think our 5 really is underestimated... a lot of ifs but if randle can play like he did when he won MIP, RJ improve his game and brunson to play like he did in Dallas we should be in good shape... not really expecting much from fournier and mitch just need those two to be solid in general... need fournier to be consistent with his 3's and mitch play good defense and rebound... if he starts hitting free throws it would help a lot...

Back
Top Bottom