OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I don't care who argues or not ....

Until I see it myself, I refuse to believe Duece/Grimes/Cam/Sims are useless.

We keep going after cats that were drafted in the same position and were develop and got an opportunity.

If they would have been in the Knicks those same cats would be bust and worth nothing.

Obi damn near was included in the bust category if not for a Randle meltdown that allowed him to play more. So ......

Cam isn’t it. Had a chance to prove himself in Atlanta and didn’t really show much flashes here. Been 3-4 years now?All potential type of guy. Thinks he’s much better than he actually is. I like his off ball movement though.

Grimes proved he belongs. Showed out in the limited minutes he got and got a spot in the rotation. We got one with him.

Deuce is a 3rd string PG as of now. Too many players ahead of him still and he’s not better than any of them.

Sims is a great insurance back up big. Better in that 3rd unit and if main guys are in foul trouble. Doesn’t make you better, doesn’t make u worse, just knows his role and plays hard.

Cam isn’t it. Had a chance to prove himself in Atlanta and didn’t really show much flashes here. Been 3-4 years now?All potential type of guy. Thinks he’s much better than he actually is. I like his off ball movement though.

Grimes proved he belongs. Showed out in the limited minutes he got and got a spot in the rotation. We got one with him.

Deuce is a 3rd string PG as of now. Too many players ahead of him still and he’s not better than any of them.

Sims is a great insurance back up big. Better in that 3rd unit and if main guys are in foul trouble. Doesn’t make you better, doesn’t make u worse, just knows his role and plays hard.
Right ...

We get all this from the whopping 5 to 8 minutes they get to play every 5 to 8 games.

Like I said, the only ones that get to change my mind are the players.

Duece went off when everyone had COVID and he was sat for like the next 10 games ....

Grimes has not been giving a chance to show his full potential but has been given the chance to .... and like you said, it shows that he can contribute.

Sims has def shown that he is a hustler and many times that I saw him was picking up Mitch performances. However, limited playing time and playing on a leach ....

Cam, I dont ******* know but why the F trade a 1st rounder if everyone on board knew that he was a bust. So yeah .....

Please tell me that you guys wouldn't have ****ted on Brunson had we picked him ourselves. Undersize, Old, etc .....

Nah they suck. There’s only so much development can do.

Sometimes you just don’t have it to be more than a 10-15 min type guy in the regular season. Which is like 75% of nba draftees.

These guys arent 18-21 years old anymore.

Right ...

We get all this from the whopping 5 to 8 minutes they get to play every 5 to 8 games.

Like I said, the only ones that get to change my mind are the players.

Duece went off when everyone had COVID and he was sat for like the next 10 games ....

Grimes has not been giving a chance to show his full potential but has been given the chance to .... and like you said, it shows that he can contribute.

Sims has def shown that he is a hustler and many times that I saw him was picking up Mitch performances. However, limited playing time and playing on a leach ....

Cam, I dont ****ing know but why the F trade a 1st rounder if everyone on board knew that he was a bust. So yeah .....

Please tell me that you guys wouldn't have ****ted on Brunson had we picked him ourselves. Undersize, Old, etc .....

Deuce is too far down the depth chart behind Brunson and Rose. IQ would slide back to the 1, if either of those two got hurt.

Grimes and IQ will definitely have roles on this team.

Sims is one dimensional, just like Mitch and Noel. Hartenstein brings a different dimension to the team at that position with his passing and ability to shoot the 3. i'm not saying he's going to be jacking multiple attempts a game, but at least if he steps out, the opposing big cant just sag off in the paint. this spaces the floor better.

Cam is a lot like Knox. maybe the FO thought that a change of scenery will help him. i guess we'll see what happens when he's healthy.

you have to keep in mind that PT is dependent on what coaches see in practice. if you cant out play your teammates, why do you deserve to get PT in game?

Donovan Mitchell is going to end up in Brooklyn.

Very, very sad day for the Tarrytown, Knicks and Westchester county 😔

Aint no ******* way IQ outplayed Duece at 1 .....

Practice is practice .... they run set plays and do some scrimmages but yeah ....

I keep falling back to Thibs saying Butler wasn't a star ...

Dude just want readyade players.

The way he stood by elf tells me everything about the coach and the league and our youth.

Aint no way Duece is worst than Elf .... no ******* way!

Again, this is not saying we have superstars.... it's just saying we dont ******* know and we dont care.

wouldn’t be surprised if cam ain’t even in the roster opening night

i don’t see it with him either personally
low motor guy

wouldn’t be surprised if cam ain’t even in the roster opening night

i don’t see it with him either personally
low motor guy
Never liked CAM ....

However, should we cut our loses or give him a chance. That goes to show you that MF see what they want to see ...

Like AI said, practice?????

There are plenty of dudes that got a real opportunity and made the best of it.

Look at GP2, dude was virtually out the league but he got a real chance and .... he a champ about to get a nice bag.

GP2 got lucky to be honest, wasnt really a diffrence maker and the warriors already a cheat code.

Juan Pablo got a small bag and he rode the bench the whole time lol

Nah GP2 a hard worker man. He produced while he was on the Wizards too. Being in the winning environment just elevated his game where he knew exactly what his role was.

GP2 got lucky ??? You watch BB?

I sure did. lots of up and down games, one little break out.

image0 (4).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

This is balling for ya ?

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 4
GP Jr is one of those guys who don't really put up big stats he just does all the little things play tough defense, get 50/50 plays and gets some rebounds...he's like pj Tucker but without the 3 and more athletic

I sure did. lots of up and down games, one little break out.

image0 (4).jpeg

image1 (1).jpeg

image2.jpeg

This is balling for ya ?
Boy shut your *** up .....

🤣

Looking at stats on ESPN talking about you watched games and proceeding to highlight points .... 🤣🤣🤣

I hate to use analytics but GP2 PER was 29.30 but he was mediocre at best. Jeezus!

Last edited:
You said it'll be dumb. We're Knicks fans. This organization hasn't shown competence whatsoever. Nothing will ever surprise me. This franchise has made me a nihilist.

We’re hoarding all these picks and trading out of the lottery for future picks so this is the exact type of move we kinda should make.

Still, not tryna deal with Ainge and overpay. That Gobert deal was ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom