OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

1656687987729.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl:

Knicks haven't announced the Noel & Burks deal yet. I assume they are trying to work in creating TPEs so they can use those TPEs for the sign and trade deal on Brunson. Mitchell Robinson's cap hold is $1.7 mill tho

^ if we can somehow trade rose, fournier and randle then thibs would have no choice but to play the young guys... they get experience and we win some games or they not that good and we tank... either way its a win win...

no thanks on spida... he cant even get out the 2nd round... I doubt he would do much here and prally have more pressure against him since this is MSG

The nepotism wreaks but he’s a positive impact player. Good signing.

They can afford to be patient with not much else on the market but it makes no sense unless a bigger piece is incoming.

‘Murica been built on nepotism too so they just playing the game. Def not a good rzn to hate.

And quite frankly, I couldn’t give two ****s how much some NTers might be over seeing the tea leaves continue to be read over and over. Imma say it when the opportunity arises. Every opportunity even.
Contracts aside, should uncle Terry or cousin Vince say again the family wants him out then start wheeling & dealing for Zion.

Still have to maintain some professionalism and show excitement for the upcoming season with your brand new distributor. Trading Randle now might be cutting off the nose or whatever they say.

Let JB polish the turd and get max value for the scrub sometime later. Don’t even care if the team winning & son still very much in the rotation. Trade that ninja at the peak of their stride.

Thibs made him his guy, handed him the ball & it’s been ugly ever since. The contract itself is not a hard one to sell. Cap going up and he’s right at the new 3rd option market share.

His trade value is depending on a resurgent start to the yr. JB can have him looking better with lots less ball handling duties between he & the emerging RJ now. 20 & 10 flirtations once again even so.

Dubious would fare quite well in other markets with said reduced role. He does fit quite nicely & on the timeline of that team based out of The Big Easy.

Just went to the playoffs without their guy all yr. Have the scoring punch needed between Ingram, CJ, Val & the defensive switchblade Herb Jones.

Randle gets to be the bull in the China shop he so desperately needs to be. Evan is $$ from deep. Iirc they still have Nance Jr too. Yeah, that’s a deep squad in all actuality.

Anxious to see them at full strength tho with HIM & if that ever comes they’re my favorite to win it all. It’s gonna get loud if they get off to a slow start though I doubt that.

They could do worse than Julius, Evan, four 1sts, 5 seconds & a young certified piece in IQ. And the Knicks have other ppls draft rights to sponsor the bulkvof this haul. Bang up job if they’re this tactful.
The signing down in NO actually helps things get a lot more concrete. Numbers can finally be crunched.

Whatever happens, I prefer my 2 guard be ⭐️J.

I think we run it with this squad until trade deadline or next offseason, then evaluate the roster for that major play then.

I can’t see them trading Randle at his lowest value. Or trading Fournier, just yet, when they still need shooting and haven’t experimented with different lineups.

I think we run it with this squad until trade deadline or next offseason, then evaluate the roster for that major play then.

I can’t see them trading Randle at his lowest value. Or trading Fournier, just yet, when they still need shooting and haven’t experimented with different lineups.
I dont see anything changing in regards to the youth, their role and development for any major moves to happen at the deadline.

I fully expect a lineup

Brunson / Rose
RJ / IQ
Fournier / Grimes
Randle / Obi
Mitch / Isiah

Duece / Grimes / Cam / Sims / Taj getting limited minutes ....

Although I do think it is a competitive lineup if Brunson is in charge.

at this point, any other guard acquisition would devalue Brunson. he is here bc we need someone to run the offense and get the most out of roster. if we bring in someone like Spida, then we negate the positive effect of Brunson bc Spida will have the ball in his hands. if the goal is to continue to let RJ groom to become THE guy and get Randle back on track, we don't need another player with a high usage rate. we need to keep Fournier bc he's our best shooter.

Def another move coming but Leon ain’t not fool & is clearly a patient man. Knicks are in good shape. Next yr will look like night and day compared to the cluster**** of 21-22.

Will Evan accept a bench role? Cam’s name coming up a lot is worrisome but end of day, son gotta stay healthy.

Evan is not irreplaceable and is actively being shopped. He’s taking Grimes’ minutes. Be clear folks.

We knew Julius was going to regress and still won 37 games with him regressing and Rose pretty much out all year and Fournier kind of doodoo for most of the season. So if our guys just improve slightly from last year and with the addition of Brunson and a healthy Rose I can Def see us winning 48 games. Just Rose alone would’ve probably won us an extra 5 games alone last season.

Spida gotta be getting traded soon. they pretty much just gave Gobert away...
Def getting trade and I hope we get him

Edit: they gave 3 first for Rudy. Mitchell gonna cost most of our young players and a handful of picks. Na

Last edited:
mitchell nowhere near worth the package utah will be demanding

let some other desperate team make him their number one option

if you listen to Knick Fans, Grimes,Deuce, Cam and a few 1sts would be more than enough and some would be hesitant to include Cam.

Utah going after Ayton, thats why they traded rudy, and want to pair him with Mitchell, so looks like they are keeping him.

I swear if we did all this for Brunson without even trying to trade for Mitchell first after acquiring those 1st rounders…. 😤

We still don’t know if the Jazz are tanking tanking tho…

I’ll wait…

I swear if we did all this for Brunson without even trying to trade for Mitchell first after acquiring those 1st rounders…. 😤

We still don’t know if the Jazz are tanking tanking tho…

I’ll wait…
I’m ok with it. For once they wouldn’t be trying to do too much

mitch signing is just ok to me. he has to do more or be given the freedom to do more

this team also gotta get rid of randle. has to
i can really see him trying to bully brunson into handing him the ball next season while this coach continues to look the other way

Back
Top Bottom