OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

The New York Knicks' expected pursuit of Jalen Brunson seems like it might pay off.

Per NBA reporter Marc Stein, there is a "growing resignation" within the Dallas Mavericks organization that the Knicks are Brunson's "inevitable destination" when free agency begins on Thursday.

Not like i'm paying attention, but weird we gotta scramble for 25M cap space. Feels like we don't have **** that should be using that up.

most of our guys are on rookie deals except...

Fournier - $18mil
Noel - $8mil
Burks - $10mil
Rose - $14mil

i almost forgot about Rose. i feel like he's going to retire a Knick at this point. i can't see another THJR situation where we trade him twice.

Brunson/Rose/Deuce
Fournier/Burks/IQ/Grimes

definitely need to drop at least 2 of those guys

Not done yet (obviously) but on track to upgrade at the position we've needed to upgrade at for a decade.

Cool with me.
brunson's a given
knicks might have one more surprising move up their sleeve after this too from what i'm gathering

Brunson showed me all I needed to see in the playoffs this past year. He’s legit. The footwork in the paint is top tier in the league for a guard.

If we can’t get rid of Randle, I’m not mad at seeing how he looks with an actual PG running the offense. As well as keep him away from the inbounds to take the ball down the court. GET BACK IN THE POST!

I had faith in randle during the season that he would play similar to last year but towards the end you can tell he just didn't care... his body language was terrible even after a win

so are we really hype for Brunson ? I feel we can possibly wait till next year, with Beal, Lavine basically locked in, theres no one else, and next year agents look better

Unrestricted Free Agents​

Point Guards

Shooting Guards

Small Forwards

Power Forwards

Centers

Restricted Free Agents​

Point Guards

Shooting Guards

Small Forwards

Power Forwards

Centers

Player Options​

Point Guards

Shooting Guards

Small Forwards

• Rudy Gay (37) — $6,479,000 (Jazz)
  • Josh Hart(28) — $12,960,000 (Trail Blazers)
    • Note: Hart’s salary would remain non-guaranteed until June 25, 2023 even if his player option is exercised.
  • Khris Middleton (32) — $40,396,552 (Bucks)
Power Forwards

Back
Top Bottom