OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Coupé It Coupé It was right all along. We really shoulda just traded for Westbrook and run him with the young guys. Wouldve had a **** ton of cap space, kept all our picks, and the young guys coulda had a full run. Possibly even padded their stats with Westbrook here.

Coulda got rid of most of our bad contracts in 1 trade without giving up any “assets”. Probably even get something in return. All for 1 year of Westbrook.

Seriously man.

Russ would have led us straight to the bottom 😂

The freed up so much money.

At least it was a plan. Idk what the Knicks are doing right now. :smh:

You’ll see next year. Pelicans have a solid team and he’s going to elevate them…

Which scares me. :lol:
Zion was a legit allstar ... all the talk probably motivated his *** to get in shape...

I hope his body holds and he kills the league ....

I know what floodarea floodarea is saying ... we don't want to end up in a Stat situation.

Zion was a legit allstar ... all the talk probably motivated his *** to get in shape...

I know what floodarea floodarea is saying ... we don't want to end up in a Stat situation.

I get that.

But Zion is a different type of talent.

The ceiling for Zion is way higher than it was for Stat.

I think he’s going to have a crazy year.

For some perspective, if we give Jalen Brunson $25M/year, that would make him the 15th highest paid PG in the league.

don’t get it twisted, i’d welcome zion on the team as much as anyone too

i’m just not willing to give up the farm for him or sign him to anywhere near a long-term max-ish deal

i feel like people are still so enamored with everything he showed us at duke that they’re neglecting how he actually looked at the NBA level bc he hasn’t played even half the games in his career so far

i see dude as an absolute force of nature bruiser and not much else

that play style combined with his weight and build screams short lived success

he’s already having consistent issues with his lower half and only about to be 22 years old

his knees will surely breakdown sooner rather than later if he keeps jumping around all crazy without getting into proper shape or losing a good amount of weight (and to this point he’s shown us nothing about taking his physique seriously)

not to mention he can’t shoot and has regressed significantly as a defender since coming out of duke

all that being said i’m as interested to see him play next year as y’all are i’m wishing him nothing but the best he’s an extremely likable guy

For some perspective, if we give Jalen Brunson $25M/year, that would make him the 15th highest paid PG in the league.

Which isn’t crazy in the grand scheme of things. He’s probably worth that.

Breaking it down like doesn’t make it seem that bad.

thats what i've been trying to say, which is why i dont understand why there are so many that are adamant that we'd be overpaying for Brunson. this isnt 2014, 25mil is on the "cheaper" side these days

These Murray rumors can't be true, the hawks deal I'm sure can be beat by a bunch of teams including the Knicks.

IMG_20220627_141218.jpg

This is the BS I'm talking about. Hawks offer Gallo and picks, and no one bats and eye.

Knicks fans call for Randle and picks, or young talent and picks, and we are delusional, crazy, and have nothing of value to offer.

If they get Dejounte for that I'm going to be irate

These Murray rumors can't be true, the hawks deal I'm sure can be beat by a bunch of teams including the Knicks.
Aint no way .....

If that's the case .... Randle and a couple of protected 1st should do it.

I rather have Murray ....

I'm thinking if that's the case, Spurs value the 1st rounds and Gallo would probably be bought out.

Spurs going full tank. They don’t want Randle. Still I think we can give them a better offer picks wise and young players and still have enough to sign Brunson.

Spurs going full tank. They don’t want Randle. Still I think we can give them a better offer picks wise and young players and still have enough to sign Brunson.
See that's an entire different conversation.

Brunson
Murray
RJ
Randle
Mitch

Are a pretty damn solid starting 5.

Rose/Duece
IQ/Grimes
Fournier/Cam
Obi
Simms/Taj

Are also a pretty solid bench.

Just sucks Obi still being delegated to bench duties.

We can only put **** on NT .... never Real Life though.

IMG_20220627_141218.jpg

This is the BS I'm talking about. Hawks offer Gallo and picks, and no one bats and eye.

Knicks fans call for Randle and picks, or young talent and picks, and we are delusional, crazy, and have nothing of value to offer.

If they get Dejounte for that I'm going to be irate

Why in the hell would the Spurs want Randle tho. :lol:

gallo is on the last year of his deal so ofc the spurs would wanna take it on if they’re going full rebuild

i agree that our picks are better but we have zero assets in terms of players

gallo is on the last year of his deal so ofc the spurs would wanna take it on if they’re going full rebuild

i agree that our picks are better but we have zero assets in terms of players
What you mean?

Gallo has 20+ million next year.

Im sure the Spurs aint getting him for his talents.

We have various cointract on 1 year left for way cheaper and several other on 2 years that add up to less.

Taj
Cam
Burks
Noels

So ....

What you mean?

Gallo has 20+ million next year.

Im sure the Spurs aint getting him for his talents.

We have various cointract on 1 year left for way cheaper and several other on 2 years that add up to less.

Taj
Cam
Burks
Noels

So ....
yes he’s owned $20+mil on the last year of his deal which is this upcoming season in three months in 2022

if the spurs want a clean slate, they’re better suited with gallo

none of our expiring deals service that team in any way other than to clog up their roster which i’m sure they don’t want

yes he’s owned $20+mil on the last year of his deal which is this upcoming season in three months in 2022

if the spurs want a clean slate, they’re better suited with gallo

none of our expiring deals service that team in any way other than to clog up their roster which i’m sure they don’t want
Playing your game.

Cam is cheaper and (1) year left. How ????

And .......

I'm thinking Gallo gets bought out.

Playing your game.

Cam is cheaper and (1) year left. How ????

And .......

I'm thinking Gallo gets bought out.
well for starters, we’d have to send a package of players to SA to even make that money work (most likely three)

and like i was saying, if they’re going full rebuild i highly doubt SA wants roster spots being taken up by washed veterans or young players they don’t view with potential (which cam is not at this point) when they could have actual young guys they want to evaluate on the court instead

i doubt gallo would be bought out either imo

he’s a good shooter and the perfect kind of declining euro player pop would love to squeeze every last bit of contribution he could get from them in a year

well for starters, we’d have to send a package of players to SA to even make that money work (most likely three)

and like i was saying, if they’re going full rebuild i highly doubt SA wants roster spots being taken up by washed veterans or young players they don’t view with potential (which cam is not at this point) when they could have actual young guys they want to evaluate on the court instead

i doubt gallo would be bought out either imo

he’s a good shooter and the perfect kind of declining euro player pop would love to squeeze every last bit of contribution he could get from them in a year
Perhaps .. lets see what happens.

I would absolutely be in on Brunson if we could get Murray ...

Would be a filthy backcourt that can shoot and dish.

Back
Top Bottom