OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

keko jones keko jones The thing is with FVV and Poole, they were part of legit franchises that had a much better winning culture. They were surrounded by actual GOATs (Kawhi, Curry, etc), winning and being surrounded by tht every day is good for a player.

FVV and Poole were also always known for their offense. They have an elite offensive game. Deuce was never known for that, nor is he capable of doing that. Just because you dominate the G league or summer league doesn’t mean he’s good. I really don’t think Deuce is good, 3rd string PG who us Knick fans overhype because he plays defense 90 feet and we’ve been desperate for a PG for over 30 years now.

He just doesn’t have the tools, I don’t even think he’s better than a Gary Payton Jr

keko jones keko jones The thing is with FVV and Poole, they were part of legit franchises that had a much better winning culture. They were surrounded by actual GOATs (Kawhi, Curry, etc), winning and being surrounded by tht every day is good for a player.

FVV and Poole were also always known for their offense. They have an elite offensive game. Deuce was never known for that, nor is he capable of doing that. Just because you dominate the G league or summer league doesn’t mean he’s good. I really don’t think Deuce is good, 3rd string PG who us Knick fans overhype because he plays defense 90 feet and we’ve been desperate for a PG for over 30 years now.

He just doesn’t have the tools, I don’t even think he’s better than a Gary Payton Jr
GPJ is nice though. Although he’s not a PG.

I used Duece as an example, but he’s not the only player this has happened too ...

We are worthless at developing players ...

If this same RJ was selected outside the lottery, dude would have been bench and labeled bust ...

We need a serviceable PG, that feels the game and can dish it and make a bucket if left open ...

Anyways my point is, what good is it to draft players if we aren't going to put the time for then to work out.

Brunson didn't get better or learn to play because of Luka and Murray has a great staff that's willing to develop players which is surprising for me that he is on the block ...

Our top priority should be Murray and then Brunson IF we can dump Randle. We can’t pay him and Brunson. Maybe, just maybe those FRPs we traded for are to make a move for Murray.

Fair enough but all I’m saying is I’d start getting the pitchforks sharpened now if that’s your criteria
Never that 😂. Even if it happens, I never get caught up and lose my cool. If the Knicks are that ******ed, then that's on them. Not me

I operate out of logic, and it's absolutely ILLOGICAL to make all these cap/draft moves JUST to sign 6-1 Brunson to 20-25mil yr for 4 years, when there are literally all stars out there who are vastly superior on BETTER contracts, yet there is no media talk about us having any possible interest in anyone BUT Brunson. That's how I know it's either 🧢 or Leon is one of the worst GM's and basketball minds in all of basketball, and I certainly don't believe the latter

What all stars are out there with better contracts?

I think our assets suck, if they were any good a trade would’ve happened. I think the whole point is they don’t want to trade anything at all unless it’s for a sure fire all star. So they rather overpay a unrestricted FA and keep these supposed “assets”

I know I'm dreaming but I think those draft picks will be used on a star if they are available and want to come here... I'm referring to donovan, zion, beal etc... obviously a long shot but we are slowly accumulating assets... can't wait for thursday already... I'm curious who signs where... but the question is who from this team will get traded next

I don’t think it’s a worst GM in the league type of move, i agree it’s not the right move, but Im leaning towards believing the reports.

Then again, maybe it’s all leverage by Brunson’s dad and agent against the Mavs and I’m not mad at that

What all stars are out there with better contracts?

I think our assets suck, if they were any good a trade would’ve happened. I think the whole point is they don’t want to trade anything at all unless it’s for a sure fire all star. So they rather overpay a unrestricted FA and keep these supposed “assets”

I would try either Randle, or Burks and Cam, 2023 FRP via DAL, 2024 FRP, 2026 FRP for Dejounte waaaay before I would even think of giving Brunson 100-120 mil. Cats must be on DRUGS to even consider that ****

The problem is thats a trash offer. Teams don’t value Cam, Randle, Burks or any of our picks outside of our own pick.

The most valuable asset we have outside of RJ is our own 2023 pick.

The problem is thats a trash offer. Teams don’t value Cam, Randle, Burks or any of our picks outside of our own pick.

The most valuable asset we have outside of RJ is our own 2023 pick.
Even if that's true, I rather make the offers and get turned down than not even look that direction. According to these reports, Brunson is our sun moon and stars and we not even looking at anyone or anything else. And I have a real problem with that

Even if that's true, I rather make the offers and get turned down than not even look that direction. According to these reports, Brunson is our sun moon and stars and we not even looking at anyone or anything else. And I have a real problem with that

Gotta overpay. The top guys don’t come here. If you check the list of unrestricted FAs this year, Lavine and Beal not coming here.

For sure Beal and LaVine ain't coming. I want Dejounte. Will settle for Sexton on a reduced contract. 100mil for Brunson, and keep Randle? Nah man, I can't watch 82 of that next year 😂

I’m skeptical on 120 mill. Thats too much. He’s gonna make us much better. High IQ player we always needed at the lead guard. I wouldn’t be mad at a 100 mill contract. It’s the going rate for players of his caliber.

FVV today would get a max offer. Jordan Poole about to get a full max offer.

Much better equals 1st perhaps 2nd round exit.

We need to invest in house and then see what we have ...

You have youth in every position, what are they really capable off?

Playing 4 minutes here an 10 minutes 7 games later is not developing.

I also refuse to think Duece can light it up jn the G league regardless of the gap in talent and dudes coming from Ignite are performing at a much lower level still getting praised because their age???? How did that work out for Frank?

If we have proper development you just dont know what this kids could become.

Is anyone curious why are the Spurs moving on from Murray?

This is not a typical move from Pop or the Spurs organizations.

So.. Walker flamed out but everyone is in love with a player with Walker comps from when he was in Charlotte. I’m still confused is Kamba’s body done.

Why trade Reddish.. I swear it’s Toppin fam running this thread now.

I’m skeptical on 120 mill. Thats too much. He’s gonna make us much better. High IQ player we always needed at the lead guard. I wouldn’t be mad at a 100 mill contract. It’s the going rate for players of his caliber.

FVV today would get a max offer. Jordan Poole about to get a full max offer.
True but for all those guys it’s worth the $$ if you add them to a contending mix, they’re not starting building blocks.

Back
Top Bottom