OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

Imagine being a Knicks fan and going to the draft for that BS.

Anyway, enough with the short sighted emotions.
Im good with running it back and with playing the young guys more ... **** aint going to change either way ... we have 10+ picks and we aint traiding them ... run it best case they show out and we really have something ... worst case we lose and become a lottery pick with our own picks to choose replacements.
Like I said back in April ... we just need to run it back and see what we have.

Duece
RJ
Fournier/Cam
Obi
Mitch

Rose
IQ
Grimes
Randle
Simms

I was ok with this back then and Im ok with it now .... **** Brunson. Trade Burks and Noels for a 2nd round.... Im good.

I'm good with being trash ...

As long as we start all the young guys.

If we sign Bronson to 100+ milli and keep Randle and we trash trash without giving the youth minutes .. im going to be livid.
I'm honestly not good with being trash.

But it's our tradition
:lol:

Yes, the Knicks received three future first-round picks on Thursday. But those picks have protections. The 2025 first-round pick is top-four protected from the Milwaukee Bucks. It’s fair to assume that the pick will land in the bottom-third of the first round.

The 2023 Washington pick is protected top 14 and the 2023 Detroit pick is protected top 18.

Basically, the Knicks need the Wizards to make the playoffs and the Pistons to make the play-in tournament to earn those picks in 2023.

Overall, New York now has 11 future first-round picks and 11 future second-round picks over the next seven years.

**** is sad man.

Like my whole life these ****** been buns outside if 3 or 4 years.

Never a real title contender

It sucks
Facts bro. We have to joke about losing b/c it's inevitable. I like Jalen Brunson, but does he really move the needle that much for us?

I mean, the Rangers were pretty good this season. Got to the ECF

But he has kept his dirty fingers off that team for a decade now. Let’s not forget how bad the rangers were after he bought the team when he tried to sign washed stars like Pavel Bure and such.

See I’m okay with being trash next season too.

1) Get rid of Julius, etc. ….

2) Give RJ the reigns and play everyone under 25.

3) Always make sure to have cap room to be maneuverable and flexible.

4) Tank properly and hope for the number 1 pick Victor Wembanya.

But instead we’ll just win 36-39 games again. Keep Julius. Keep Thibs. Get the 12th pick and continue to be in NBA purgatory.

correct me if i'm wrong, but if the pick is lottery protected and the team ends up in the lottery, the pick becomes unprotected in the following year, right?

if thats the case, the trade isnt terrible. of course i'd rather we made a move for Ivey, but i'd rather get future firsts than draft another F in the 1st round that'll just sit on the bench.

i'm 50/50 on Brunson, but if we can pay him INSTEAD of Randle, i'm all for it. if we have both on the team this season...

Kinda sad that Scott Perry has connections in Detroit and Sacramento and couldnt get anything done. Fire that bum too along with Leon.

We sucked all year only to come away with Trevor Keels. Trash *** organization and front office.

I wonder who are we sending to the SL, not like it matters ... Even of they kill it they are going to be benched.

Duece
Montero
Grimes
Keels
Simms

correct me if i'm wrong, but if the pick is lottery protected and the team ends up in the lottery, the pick becomes unprotected in the following year, right?

if thats the case, the trade isnt terrible. of course i'd rather we made a move for Ivey, but i'd rather get future firsts than draft another F in the 1st round that'll just sit on the bench.

i'm 50/50 on Brunson, but if we can pay him INSTEAD of Randle, i'm all for it. if we have both on the team this season...
  • 2023 first round pick via Detroit (protected 1-18 until 2024, protected 1-13 in 2025, protected 1-11 in 2026, protected 1-9 in 2027)
  • 2023 first round pick via Washington (protected 1-14 in 2023, protected 1-12 in 2024, protected 1-10 in 2025, protected 1-8 in 2026)
  • 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee (protected 1-4)

Back
Top Bottom