OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

I wonder if this extra cap space is only to resign mitch and of course picking up brunson... would be dope if we picked up someone else besides those two... icing on the cake would be to trade randle somehow

ngl, Detroit has a pretty interesting roster now.

our projected roster:

Brunson/Rose/Deuce
Fournier/IQ/Grimes
RJ/Cam
Randle/Obi
Mitch/Sims/Taj

all this isn't just for brunson i dont feel

So i Woj said its for the knicks to sign brunson outright instead Mavs asking for a sign and trade, also clears room to sign mitchell

This likely eliminates any chance of the Mavericks working a sign-and-trade with the Knicks for Jalen Brunson.
As I reported last week, New York is likewise expected to re-sign Mitchell Robinson to a multiyear deal in free agency and the Knicks have just created more flexibility than anticipated.

Thanks Burks. He was solid and clutch coming off the bench and played his role very well, true professional.

It’s Thibs that F’d everything up by forcing Burks do too much.

^ it doesnt make sense but I think it comes down to kemba not really being serviceable compared to burks and noel can actually play and contribute

Im confused. It took us 2 2nd round picks to get rid of a worse contract in Noel, but a lottery pick to get rid of Kemba.

i wouldnt say Noel had a worse contract. numbers were the same really, and he was serviceable when healthy. Kemba looks like he might be done. we also netted FRPs in the trade, that might not be conveyed for like 5 years. its not like we just gave a FRP away.

Whatever. We have cap now, so we’re starting from scratch I guess. Still got our young guys so that’s good. I really hated last years team.

And you know there are Knick fans complaining about giving up those 2nd rounders saying we missed out on a possible next Jokic.

Back
Top Bottom