OFFICIAL NYk '22 offseason thread, RJ extended

i’m all in on brunson

dude is in the 98th percentile for finishing in the paint across the league

when’s the last time we had a guard who could penetrate and finish like that?

if we could just find a way to ditch randle this season would be so fun to watch

We dont need the cap to sign Mitch ... we can go over if we sign Brunson and others then Mitch, right?

Anyways ...

Although we are shedding picks and vets, we still have all the rookies ..... which is why I haven't been full tilt.

We still running it almost exactly as last year with the exception of the PGs.

Brunson
RJ
Evan
Randle
Mitch

Rose/Duece
IQ/Grimes
Cam/Keels
Obi
Simms/Taj

Brunson can ball...and the great thing about him is he can operate on and off ball so he can either set up those who can't create or play off of the attention RJ or whoever draws.

We still need to get rid of Randle though.

Last edited:
If we somehow get Brunson/Murray

I’d be happy watching

Murray
Brunson
Rj
Randle
Mitch

Off the bench with
Rose
IQ
Grimes
Obi
Sims

That’s IF we gotta keep Randle.

Is it safe to assume that Brunson is pretty much a done deal? I mean we have the cap, he has ties to the org, his dad is an assistant coach, and he will be THE floor general as opposed to playing off Luka. Seems like a no brainer for him, no? Which means he’s not coming here lmao.

I’m cool with Mitch’s contract. 15mil per isn’t a lot in todays market. Much better than the 18-20 range that was being rumored earlier.

That Wizards pick we have might actually convey sooner than later.

They got a nice little Monte Morris - Beal - Barton - KP core

7A3F1E1D-4FEF-486B-8DFF-06E1D03D2F6E.jpeg

A03C63E7-2C65-4849-98AA-7F20685356F6.jpeg

We (me included) want to pay these cats pennies ... whether its me *****ing about Brunson or someone else *****ing about another contract ...🤣

I hope Brunson pays out ...

Maybe we get passed the 1st round at best? Further keeping us in his BS 12-20 pick???

Yay!

Ultimately, I'm still annoyed that the Knicks can never properly tank and they were basically the Sacramento Kings of the East when it comes to drafting and free agency and rebuilding. I understand that contracts are what they are and you got to pay what you got to pay so I do get that. And while I don't exactly know what other realistic targets we could go after with cap space, Jalen Brunson just moves The needle so little in my opinion right now that it's disappointing.

He definitely had his moments in the playoffs and I'll be rooting for him but that's where I'm at.

I think he’s the best option at PG available. Better than the Brogdons, Fox, Sexton etc. Second option on a WCF and held his own in his first playoff. Plus you don’t have to trade a million assets for him.

Knicks fans will like him. He’s legit.

Back
Top Bottom