OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

Terrible. Show has gone from unbelievable to "unbelievably bad" in 2 episodes

The writing was on the wall a couple episodes into this season. There were some definite signs that derailment was in the future for the show.

Damn crazy ep...Nazir gettin taken out...I imagine he's got a number 2 who will take over...curious to see where they take the show that Brody is somewhat clear....if quinn doesnt murk him first
Roya went ham after Carrie thought she was breakin her down
If Brody doesn't die next episode, he most likely escapes the country the truth about him comes out either via Estes or himself, and he becomes Nazirs replacement next season?

A long stretch but possibility, the cat and mouse game with Brody is over now, its bullet to the head, jail, or him running and turning again.

I put so many on this show last year. I have glorified this show to all my friends. I completely believe Homeland deserved the Emmy's this year but I am very disappointed with season 2.

Season 2 has seemed so forced to me. The writers forced Brody getting caught way to early just so they could have a reasonable excuse to bring Carrie back into his life. They should have carried on Brody being an undercover terrorist for at least another season. Him getting caught in 3-4 episodes seemed forced.

Carrie is turning into the winy female character the audience can't stand anymore. Not to mention some parts become so outlandishly unbelievable its ridiculous - Abu Nazeer was in the building but everyone missed him? Come on

just watching this now..

this clown Dana.. "omGzzz da Milkza Leaakinnggg?! Da fuqqq??!"

such a little brat man, wanna smack her.

I mean, where the hell do they go now? :lol:

Brody better not get offed. Likely won't.. but writers are killing off main characters too easily nowadays :lol:

I put so many on this show last year. I have glorified this show to all my friends. I completely believe Homeland deserved the Emmy's this year but I am very disappointed with season 2.
Season 2 has seemed so forced to me. The writers forced Brody getting caught way to early just so they could have a reasonable excuse to bring Carrie back into his life. They should have carried on Brody being an undercover terrorist for at least another season. Him getting caught in 3-4 episodes seemed forced.
Carrie is turning into the winy female character the audience can't stand anymore. Not to mention some parts become so outlandishly unbelievable its ridiculous - Abu Nazeer was in the building but everyone missed him? Come on

Then all of season two would have been the period of time that they skipped, Brody being elected to congress, and all the boring stuff where nothing happened. He is a sleeper agent, who does basically nothing until "activated', or in this case reactivated. If they left him out there as a sleeper again it would have just been season 1 again minus Carrie, Where they have surveillance on him and see him doing nothing.

I agree, sadly. I've been touting Homeland since the first few episodes of season one and this year has really been a step down. The decision to turn Brody so quickly was absolutely stupid. Yes the scenes leading up to him getting caught and the interrogation with Carrie and he are some of the best moments in 2 seasons of the show but it was beyond rushed. Especially since they knew how popular the show was and much longevity it's going to have.

I started feeling like the show has become disappointing as the credits rolled last night. The writers are trying to go for shock value instead of a good story now.

Most unlikable characters on TV has to be a five way tie between Dana on Homeland, Sally Draper, Betty Draper, Skylar White or Walt Jr.

just watching this now..

this clown Dana.. "omGzzz da Milkza Leaakinnggg?! Da fuqqq??!"

such a little brat man, wanna smack her.

I was hoping Abu Nazir would cut off her hands....She is soooooooooooooooooooo annoying!

I feel the Carrie hate is irrational. Claire Danes has done a phenomenal job portraying this character.

As for ppl feeling disappointed, I don't got no words for it really other than that I disagree. I remember when this show started and everyone was complaining about how it had to end quickly, and that it ending in 2 seasons would be a good thing, that story wasn't sustainable for multiple seasons, that it shouldn't be drawn out in to multiple seasons just for more ratings and sacrifice the story, etc. At the time I argued how this show could easily be 4 seasons with some speculation on how each season could go. Now those avenues weren't pursued and they have finished the initial story and conflict in 2 seasons for the most part and I don't mind that but it's crazy to me how ppl are now saying the story has been rushed, they should've stalled more with side stories, the writers are going for shock value, and how there are things going that are too much for them to continue suspending their disbelief. It's somewhat laughable at this point.

I kinda see had this show gone multiple seasons it would've just been filled ppl decrying it like crazy. So I'm happy at least this part of the story is them getting out on top. Let the 3rd season be a relatively new story. VP dead, Abu Nazir dead, now I guess we're basically following the story of Brody and Carrie as he's pursued, tried not to get exposed, etc.

Last edited:
Most unlikable characters on TV has to be a five way tie between Dana on Homeland, Sally Draper, Betty Draper, Skylar White or Walt Jr.

HAS TO!

Sounds bad but I wouldn't mind if Brody's whole family died, they are all annoying. The son is clueless, Dana is whiny brat and Jessica (love the nude scenes :tongue:) is a nag and a *****

I can't wait for the finale, I have no idea what direction this show will go if Brody get killed

i hope they end this show here and not have brody and carrie on the run or whatever.....have another plot/cast for season 3

i hope they end this show here and not have brody and carrie on the run or whatever.....have another plot/cast for season 3
:lol: That's rarely how it works on tv. Watch AHS for that. If they were going to do that they might as well pitch a new show.. Makes no sense to bring in a new cast and story that has no or little connection with the past one.

Nazir didnt have a plan?

Nazir didnt think Brody would rat again? I figured the Roya Hamad stuff would all be a set up. What a let down

Next weeks will probably be good but I probably wont have any interest in watching it after this season

I feel like an idiot for having told so many people to watch this

Seems you built up Nazir in your head as some super genius super villain. He was just a terrorist, extremist, religious zealot. Smart but not invincible and infallible. He's dead. Same way Osama is, don't mean the war is over and that others won't take up the cause. Word to his conversation with Carrie.

I can see how you let yourself down by thinking Roya being arrested and Nazir disappearing/hiding was all apart of the plan.

Seems you built up Nazir in your head as some super genius super villain. He was just a terrorist, extremist, religious zealot. Smart but not invincible and infallible. He's dead. Same way Osama is, don't mean the war is over and that others won't take up the cause. Word to his conversation with Carrie.

I can see how you let yourself down by thinking Roya being arrested and Nazir disappearing/hiding was all apart of the plan.

Yup. The way is still going on. It will be interesting to see what they do for season 3

Yup. The way is still going on. It will be interesting to see what they do for season 3
Exactly. the season finale is gonna be good because they need to set up the new plot for next season.

I just heard this wild *** theory :lol: Saying that Brody was working with Nazir all along secretly. That flashbacks to when he was captured will confirm it, this was all apart of Brody's plan, and that he back stabbed Nazir last minute to be the new leader. The finale will end with a huge attack on American soil and key ppl that knew Brody was turned will be killed.

I just heard this wild *** theory :lol: Saying that Brody was working with Nazir all along secretly. That flashbacks to when he was captured will confirm it, this was all apart of Brody's plan, and that he back stabbed Nazir last minute to be the new leader. The finale will end with a huge attack on American soil and key ppl that knew Brody was turned will be killed.
How did he back stab Nazir.... he killed the VP :nerd:

Backstab him as in let him get caught and die so that he could take over. Basically, he didn't just double cross Nazir cuz the CIA exposed him but cuz he wanted to do it on his

I don't believe in any of it though. Doesn't make sense for Brody to have any of those goals. Just gave me a good :wow: :lol:

Backstab him as in let him get caught and die so that he could take over. Basically, he didn't just double cross Nazir cuz the CIA exposed him but cuz he wanted to do it on his

I don't believe in any of it though. Doesn't make sense for Brody to have any of those goals. Just gave me a good :wow: :lol:
I guess... but I'm pretty sure Brody had no idea how close they were on Nazir's tail. Other than that phone call from Saul about Carrie missing I don't think he'd had any conversations with anyone from the CIA right :nerd:

But I'm excited for the season finale and what the set up for the next plot will be

Brody is definitely a triple agent to the core, and when he finds out Estes wants him dead he is going to go back in terrorist mode.  Especially when Quinn botches the hit, and Estes decides to renege on Brody's deal.

Regardless of how Brody ends up (whether he goes full terrorist or good American) how would you describe Brody's character?

Back
Top Bottom