OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

Regardless of how Brody ends up (whether he goes full terrorist or good American) how would you describe Brody's character?
Confused, lost, with bit of anger mixed in. 

I'm sorry not anger, but hidden rage that I don't even think he's fully aware of.  And when he finds out Estes had a part to play in Issa's death some of that rage is going to show itself

Last edited:
I think he already knows dating back to when he was gonna kill everybody in that safe room.
Regardless of how Brody ends up (whether he goes full terrorist or good American) how would you describe Brody's character?
A broken man who in his own twisted way wants to do what he thinks is right.
I just heard this wild *** theory :lol: Saying that Brody was working with Nazir all along secretly. That flashbacks to when he was captured will confirm it, this was all apart of Brody's plan, and that he back stabbed Nazir last minute to be the new leader. The finale will end with a huge attack on American soil and key ppl that knew Brody was turned will be killed.
How did he back stab Nazir.... he killed the VP :nerd:
Backstab him as in let him get caught and die so that he could take over. Basically, he didn't just double cross Nazir cuz the CIA exposed him but cuz he wanted to do it on his

I don't believe in any of it though. Doesn't make sense for Brody to have any of those goals. Just gave me a good :wow: :lol:
I guess... but I'm pretty sure Brody had no idea how close they were on Nazir's tail. Other than that phone call from Saul about Carrie missing I don't think he'd had any conversations with anyone from the CIA right :nerd:

But I'm excited for the season finale and what the set up for the next plot will be
Yeah you're probably right but any way he could know could be connected to this alleged mole in the CIA that may or may not exist.

Last edited:
I think he already knows dating back to when he was gonna kill everybody in that safe room
Perhaps. 

But I think it was all about killing multiple birds with one stone with the VP being the main target.  I don't think Brody knows how close Estes was to that whole situation.  But I find it convenient that Estes forced out Saul, and Saul has actual video evidence of the whole drone command.  Also Saul has a problem with Estes wanting to kill Brody, and he's muslim.

I think there is plenty of excitement in store come season 3.

Yeah you're probably right but any way he could know could be connected to this alleged mole in the CIA that may or may not exist.
Damn thats gotta be what the cliff hanger for the season finale has to be.... forgot about that :lol:

Also Saul has a problem with Estes wanting to kill Brody, and he's muslim.

I think there is plenty of excitement in store come season 3.
wait Saul is muslim?

Yeah, I thought yall knew? If not him his (ex) wife is. Not sure he's a practicing one, I'm pretty sure it's in his background.

I guess I forgot, whatever...

wait no he grew up Jewish when he was in Indiana with Aileen I think

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that's what he said to a terrorist suspect that he was trying to get close to so she could open up to him.

But even though he didn't knowingly give her the weapon to kill herself(or did he we never saw the results of this latest polygraph) he did supply the weapon for the other dude that killed himself at the safehouse.  In the middle of him slipping the blade to him he said a Islamic prayer in his ear.

But he did tell someone he was muslim either in the end of the first season or the beginning of this season. 

So Brody and Carrie will run away together.

Dana is such a brat.

I thought Galvez was doing something fishy and lied about going to the hospital.

Last edited:
Naw he did say he was Jewish at least twice once I know for sure.  That's why I love this show, because it's everywhere, and  they leave it open to take some many different paths. 

I thought Galvez was doing something fishy and lied about going to the hospital.
It was so messed up how they did Galvez. I was hype cuz he was kinda the clear culprit but he on the floor with his stitches open lost :lol:

Now my main suspect again is.... Saul.

Carrie was such a ***** for that :lol: and then when she found out he was bleeding something mean....... she flashed the crazy shocked eyes :lol: I hate her crazy *** eyes

I accept this show for what it is now, even though it's not what it was nor what I thought that it could become. :lol:

I'm not sure that I'm disappointed. Everyone's seen that SNL skit making fun of the show's repetitive quirks, right? Well, I don't think that could've come at a better time. I can't do anything but laugh at the ridiculous, poorly executed and ill conceived parts of the show anymore. But I still love the characters and none of this ridiculousness has made me not want to tune in again. This isn't The Killing level of show suicide.

I think they jumped the shark last week and this was the first episode of the new show that this is now. It's not full-blown 24 season 6 level of trolling, but it is almost a parody of itself. Now it's more of a spy soap opera than the intelligent, psychological espionage drama it was, but at least they haven't slowed down? At least there's only an episode left this season? Morena Baccarin's still bangin?

Normally when things start going wrong with a show or the creators choke, I jump ship ASAP. But in this case, they haven't put me off so much as they've lowered my expectations and almost convinced me that they're going crazy on purpose. Like they're in on the joke they're becoming too?

Sure, you could call a coping mechanism, but **** you. :lol:

Tell me how Galves was around all those people and his stitches came open but he didn't tell anyone and instead tried driving his damn self to the hospital... CIA and FBI crawling all over the damn place and he couldn't hitch a ride from 1 person?
mean.gif

I think the writers have lost control of what they were building specifically the last 2 episodes. Lots of things I have problems with but they kinda redeemed themselves with the Jess & Brody scene in the car. The dialog & the performances were on point. I found it incredibly sad especially when Brody said he was effed the moment he left for Iraq.

Saul must be involved in hearings or something because he has a suit on in the preview for the season finale. Here's a preview from the season finale. The description Showtime applied states, "Saul makes Carrie choose between Brody and the CIA." This must mean Estes hasn't gotten rid of Saul The Bear like he wanted... :lol: @ Saul calling Carrie the smartest & dumbest person he knows...

Last edited:
Tell me why Carrie, that crazy ***** you guys only brought back as an informant with a day-pass, is somehow in charge of the manhunt for the most wanted man in the world? And that crazy ***** is allowed in the same room alone with Roya?

And the most wanted man in the world hiding behind a wall, because none of the CIA have seen Inside Man? And they were all packed up and ready to dip with 2 DAYS of knowing he was there? And he just so happened to slip out of his hole in the wall, right before they found it? And Carrie went from having a whole squad of dudes, to just one in seconds?

That fight was so stupid. :smh:

And now they're gonna kill a war hero who was tortured personally at the hands of the most wanted man in the world, the day after you found and killed that guy, and don't worry it won't be a big deal? :lol:

There's a lot of things that have occurred during the last several episodes that don't make sense, but I remind my self it's a TV. Here's an interesting article from a website called Seriable...

http://seriable.com/homeland-boss-defends-controversial-episodes-spills-season-finale-ending/

HOMELAND Boss Defends Controversial Episodes, Teases Season Finale Ending
by ROCO on DECEMBER 11, 2012

The last two episodes of Homeland has wreaked havoc within the Antagonists Society, as first Walden then Abu Nazir were killed off ahead of this season’s final episode.

Obviously there’s method to the carnage — but did Homeland‘s producers know all along that Nazir would fall in the penultimate episode of Season 2? Exec producer Alex Gansa tells EW that it was always in their plans, though getting there was a process:

“I think the short answer to that is yes The long answer is we weren’t actually sure how that would happen. But the reason we wanted Walden and Nazir both dead is we wanted to open the possibility that Brody and Carrie could have a happy ending, that their doomed romance was not doomed after all. The only way to make that happen was to off these two antagonists.”

Gansa stands by recent events that has stretched plausibility and fan incredulity, believing the much-vilified Episode 2.10 will resonate by the time the dust has settled on this Sunday’s season finale.

But what of the finale? (entitled “The Choice”). With two central antagonists out of the equation, there’s more room for the character elements to shine, says Gansa:

“We’ve sort of left the thriller aspects of the show behind and now we come to a very personal story about Carrie and Brody and all the obstacles that lie in the way of them being together. [The finale is] a real character study of these two people, where they’ve come from, how they regard each other, and whether or not there’s a future for them.”

It’s encouraging to hear that the character focus will return, though it remains to be seen were the major external conflict will come from, with Season 3 in mind. Can’t wait to find out.

Last edited:
Yea that's what he said to a terrorist suspect that he was trying to get close to so she could open up to him.

But even though he didn't knowingly give her the weapon to kill herself(or did he we never saw the results of this latest polygraph) he did supply the weapon for the other dude that killed himself at the safehouse.  In the middle of him slipping the blade to him he said a Islamic prayer in his ear.

But he did tell someone he was muslim either in the end of the first season or the beginning of this season. 
I'm pretty sure it was established Saul is Jewish, not Muslim. Wi

Yeah he gave the glasses that she used to kill herself, we know that for a fact as does Saul and everyone else, regardless of the polygraph.
But how did we now come to the conclusion that he gave a weapon to the guy who killed himself in season one?

What if Brody is the next to lead in absence of Nazir? I still don't trust his recollections when he came back from "being captive" by Nazir especially after Saul asked Brody if Nazir trusted what he said back to him & we didn't see the recollection. Brody has proven all season long that he's adept at lying convincingly. I don't trust the fact the CIA turned him back. I think everything that's happened has been part of the plan. With Nazir dead, everyone let's their guard down. I think he even told Carrie when he held her captive that he's ready to die.

What if Brody is the next to lead in absence of Nazir? I still don't trust his recollections when he came back from "being captive" by Nazir especially after Saul asked Brody if Nazir trusted what he said back to him & we didn't see the recollection. Brody has proven all season long that he's adept at lying convincingly. I don't trust the fact the CIA turned him back. I think everything that's happened has been part of the plan. With Nazir dead, everyone let's their guard down. I think he even told Carrie when he held her captive that he's ready to die.

I don't think Brody being turned was part of any plan. But I do think if Brody doesn't die this coming episode, he will be primary villain next season, and moreso than them trying to catch him. He will completely turn again once they try to kill him, and he finds out that the CIA backed on their deal(although he broke it himself killing VP), and there is no place for him at home. His wife basically now has a hint at what/who he is, and there is no going back to his family. Just as Nazir wouldn't run, I don't see Brody running either.

^If that were to happen Brody will have to run :lol: or it will be a short season 3 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom