OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

I think this episode was great, completely consuming. The 30+ mins on interrogation was amazing acting on all parts.

Where do we go from here?

Brody plays both sides of the fence but in the preview for the next episode we see he approaches the reporter and probably spills the beans. I still think Dana will get involved big time with this whole situation.

The scene where they hit the lady with the car was crazy, I jumped. I thought they would get T-Boned coming out of the alley, because that's what usually happens but the hit and run was nuts.

Can't wait for the next episode.

kind of felt eh about this episode. it was obvious he was gonna hit someone as soon as he ran the red light. there was no need to extend that scene.
Do you mean you knew in general or you knew cuz of that scene? Cuz he did not hit that lady cuz he ran a red light. This was after he was coming out the alley and he made that fast hard left turn and straight up made her flip over the vehicle (since they didn't run over her). I was expecting car crash more than anything.

I figure the daughter's story line will matter down the line.
also brody cracking after she says she loves him but he was able to withstand whatevr amount of years of torture before teaching issa and even thinking he killed his best friend.
I agree here. That's what I was coming in to post about. He broke too easy cuz it was Carrie, she might've been right about lies weighing heavy on him but her being honest about her feelings for him and being able to easily deduce his time with Nazir and why he didn't blow the vc up pissed me off. cuz it shouldn't be enough for him to stop lying. Relating on that level shouldn't have been enough to break him. After that I was waiting for him to only admit he actually cared for Carrie which he doesn't do at all despite all that hand holding.

I smiled when I realized he realized that they had nothing on him other than a confession vid. Could've kept lying about the not having a bomb vest. I mean even when he admits that he doesn't take that next step and admit he's killed the majority of ppl that were in on it. I mean he really doesn't know much and could've rode that out. I wanted him to stonewall the whole ep really.

Not sure the years of torture factor in here cuz in the end he broke and got turned by Nazir as well. After confessing though I was figuring he'd be the one to be smart and look for immunity.

wow... just wow... cot damn those kids are ******g dumb >:
and i really liked dana too as a character... but that whole lets have some fun line
i kinda wanted carrie to say that she almost committed suicide because of him
and i really, really thought that he was finally going to admit he had a bomb strapped on him.

so from here on out there are no more second chances, carrie can't drop the ball like she did last ep
and brody's gotta bring his A game to play both sides

still kinda mad that the veep is getting away with it :smh:

halfway through the season now :frown:

and i really, really thought that he was finally going to admit he had a bomb strapped on him.

No way. Nobody has proof he had a bomb strapped to him, so why give that away? It's his Get Out Of Jail Free card. He can admit to being caught up with terrorists and such, and they can pin a lot of coincidences on him, but they have no proof of the vest. He played it well.

No way. Nobody has proof he had a bomb strapped to him, so why give that away? It's his Get Out Of Jail Free card. He can admit to being caught up with terrorists and such, and they can pin a lot of coincidences on him, but they have no proof of the vest. He played it well.
Its the CIA, its post-9/11 America. They don't need proof or anything at all. But even so, admitting he was caught up with terrorist and there is no return for him. There is no Get out of Jail free card other than (helping)bringing down Abu Nazir himself imo.

I don't know couldn't tell real good with all the blood and the angle, but was the girl Dana and Flynn hit Brody's handler? I was thinking when they said "she'll be okay" and I first realized it was a female, that it might of been, and then when they showed her face I thought maybe, but I really couldn't tell. It will mix a lot of stuff up, since that is the only living person in Nazir's American cell that the CIA know about.

He DID admit that he had a bomb though. Although he never said he wore one that day, after she broke him down and got him telling the truth he said he got a bomb from the guy in Gettysburgh.
I don't know couldn't tell real good with all the blood and the angle, but was the girl Dana and Flynn hit Brody's handler? I was thinking when they said "she'll be okay" and I first realized it was a female, that it might of been, and then when they showed her face I thought maybe, but I really couldn't tell. It will mix a lot of stuff up, since that is the only living person in Nazir's American cell that the CIA know about.
No that was definitely not Roya Hamad.

Last edited:
That interrogation scene was intense!  I don't think we've seen Damien Lewis and Claire Danes go head-to-head in such an emotional scene before... have we?  

Anyway, interesting that he actually broke... bits of truth mixed in with some lies in the beginning of the interrogation.  

But NT, refresh my memory... when Broady said "yes" to Nazir's ultimate plan to attack America, did he start telling the whole truth at that point?  Did he hold back anymore details (other than still not admitting he wore the vest)?  I think he did spill everything and even gave up "Roya Hamad", but I'm just not sure if I missed something.

Interesting side-story with the Dana-accident... kinda getting that Kim Bauer-subplot feel.  Hopefully it'l be relevant down the line... and no mountain-lions please.

Just curious as to why the CIA didn't go through Brody's phone log (or gotten his records) when they had his cell?

Homeland is crack to me. Last Sunday's episode was cool but like a junkie wanting a big score, I ended up getting a couple of hits. Damn...

Can't wait to see how the story unfolds...

Random thoughts...

- I think there is history between the veep & Abu Nazir....

- The writers framed an interesting line from Carrie during the interrogation scene. She said something along the lines of Nazir "giving" a boy to Brody to love...What if that wasn't his son. What if he had intel that said the US was closing in on his location preparing for a drone strike. What if he knew it was imminent & knew the kid would die so he could make sure he could turn Brody to his agenda...Just a thought....That would be cruel right?

Random thoughts...

- The writers framed an interesting line from Carrie during the interrogation scene. She said something along the lines of Nazir "giving" a boy to Brody to love...What if that wasn't his son. What if he had intel that said the US was closing in on his location preparing for a drone strike. What if he knew it was imminent & knew the kid would die so he could make sure he could turn Brody to his agenda...Just a thought....That would be cruel right?
Yes, I was thinking that too. It's always been Nazir's plan to turn Brody and he had to do it by letting Brody hate the US/VP on his own.  I don't think Isa's his real son either.  But the question is, how did he plan the death of Isa?  Unless he was able to manipulate the drone strike?  That would take a bit of serious planning, but ultimately, Nazir's goal would have been to have the US kill Isa.

From what I remember, Nazir didn't actually intend to turn Brody and it just happened by accident. I mean he did want to break him and get him to love him or w/e. But I don't think Nazirs original plans had Brody involved. And after Isa died, Nazir changed as well since he went silent and stopped organizing attacks and such for a few months or w/e period of time that was.

Man, I will be hear broken if Saul is a mole. That dude is like Qui-Gon Jinn...The writers must've been making a shock therapy joke when they had Saul say about Carrie, "She's forgotten more about Brody and Nazir than we'll ever know".

BTW, why doesn't the show ever talk about the president? LOL....

Damian Lewis should already be a lock for an emmy & golden globe for this year. His acting in the interrogation scene was jaw dropping. His tears & the expression on his face looked equal parts terrified and relieved.

While I agree last weeks episode was amazing, there are just certain things that wouldn't happen in real life....

The CIA would NEVER let a person back "in" after being admitted to a nut house. No OP in Beirut, no face to face with Brody, and damn sure no interrogation solo. But I guess that it just one of those things you look past....kinda like who has been cutting the grass in The Walking Dead?!

While I agree last weeks episode was amazing, there are just certain things that wouldn't happen in real life....

The CIA would NEVER let a person back "in" after being admitted to a nut house. No OP in Beirut, no face to face with Brody, and damn sure no interrogation solo. But I guess that it just one of those things you look past....kinda like who has been cutting the grass in The Walking Dead?!

There's a lot of things that wouldn't happen in real life, but it's a tv show...

Morena Baccarin interview on Craig Ferguson from 2/15/12...I swear, all the women he has on the show love him....Dude is funny though...

Back
Top Bottom