OFFICIAL HOMELAND Thread | FINAL SEASON

Just announced: They've been picked up for a third season.
They gotta announce that right after Brody's captured huh?
laugh.gif

That's the question, where does this show go. I'm sure sitting back at the end of last season we thought that Brody would end up getting caught during the final seasons (like Breaking Bad i.e. Walter White, whose last season is going to show that).
These writers are either dimwits or extraordinary geniuses.
Here are some questions tho I still have,
In season 1, are we sure that Brody slipped the interrogated terrorist dude the razor? We still dont know that. Right around that time, Saul failed the lie detector test as well.
Also, how did Walker know to blow the Saudi Diplomat up at the square? No one but Carrie, Saul, and David Estes knew that the Saudi Diplomat was detained for questioning.
I'm just saying, someone in the CIA is working for Abu-Nazeer. Maybe Saul is dipping on both sides? Maybe not. Just something to think about.
We on the same page. There's a whole bunch more stuff that we were left to wonder about I remember speculating that last season. Somebody in the CIA is working for dude other than the obvious. Once they started focusing on Saul's home life and then that lie detector test it was pretty much screaming he is an undercover terrorist. So it'd connect to him giving Walker the info but they dialed it down since.

Just to be objective it is possible some yet to be introduced undercover terrorist managed to give Walker the info but I kinda doubt that given how established the players in this little mystery have been.

Just to be objective it is possible some yet to be introduced undercover terrorist managed to give Walker the info but I kinda doubt that given how established the players in this little mystery have been.

Could be, the news reporter woman is an introduced character. But I'd have to agree, I don't think a character that important would be a new character.

Could be, the news reporter woman is an introduced character. But I'd have to agree, I don't think a character that important would be a new character.
She came to mind when I was thinking about that specific unanswered question but where she's at as a cover job wouldn't allow her to get that kind of info.

It might be that other little dude that works at the CIA. That was kind of partners with Carrie. He could be the unexpected undercover terrorist.

carrie just blew it yo , where do they even go from here? 
Here are some questions tho I still have,

In season 1, are we sure that Brody slipped the interrogated terrorist dude the razor? We still dont know that. Right around that time, Saul failed the lie detector test as well.

Also, how did Walker know to blow the Saudi Diplomat up at the square? No one but Carrie, Saul, and David Estes knew that the Saudi Diplomat was detained for questioning.

I'm just saying, someone in the CIA is working for Abu-Nazeer. Maybe Saul is dipping on both sides? Maybe not. Just something to think about.
Yeah, so much for the "expose Brody in the finale" idea... what now!? 
laugh.gif

But those are some interesting questions...

Well, I think it's pretty much a given that they think there's a mole in the CIA.  Biggest twist with it being Saul?  His initial failed-polygraph, I don't think, was every addressed.  It was implied that Brody did it as he stayed in all the camera blind-spots, but it could have been misdirection by the writers?

As for the Saudi diplomat, maybe he sent a signal to Walker to "take him out"?  Maybe it was their contingency plan in the event they are caught?  The CIA wouldn't have known what message he sent to Walker... whether it was "just for a meeting" or "kill me".  

I gotta admit, I find the Dana Brody (daughter) character interesting.  Yeah, she might be a bit annoying at times, but she also seems like she just "gets it"... she knows what's going on (to a certain extent).  Interesting to see how her character and relationship with Brody develops.  

Haha, that Washington Monument scene reminded me of Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.

I refuse to believe Saul is a bad guy.  No way.
That's the same reply I got when I suggested it and I completely understand that response but is all that's to Saul is being Carrie's mentor and an experienced CIA analyst/operative dedicated to the job that has/had marital problems?

What if that whole "Looking for a new apt cuz I've been renting out my house" is a lie? What if this whole focus on Brody thing is just a distraction so he can get away with helping out a huge attack?

I know it's too much a bit too early. I'll be the first to say I was reaching like Mr. Fantastic if he's not but if he is.....

Last edited:
She came to mind when I was thinking about that specific unanswered question but where she's at as a cover job wouldn't allow her to get that kind of info.
It might be that other little dude that works at the CIA. That was kind of partners with Carrie. He could be the unexpected undercover terrorist.
Yea I thought about that dude also, the Mexican/Middle-Eastern dude. Could be.

But I can't help to think that something is up with Saul. Not calling him a full blown terrorist, just someone who helps both sides, to even the playing field because he has sympathy for both America and the Islamic world.

That's the same reply I got when I suggested it and I completely understand that response but is all that's to Saul is being Carrie's mentor and an experienced CIA analyst/operative dedicated to the job that has/had marital problems?

What if that whole "Looking for a new apt cuz I've been renting out my house" is a lie? What if this whole focus on Brody thing is just a distraction so he can get away with helping out a huge attack?

I know it's too much a bit too early. I'll be the first to say I was reaching like Mr. Fantastic if he's not but if he is.....
attachment.php

Yea I thought about that dude also, the Mexican/Middle-Eastern dude. Could be.
But I can't help to think that something is up with Saul. Not calling him a full blown terrorist, just someone who helps both sides, to even the playing field because he has sympathy for both America and the Islamic world.
Yeah if Saul's not a terrorist they still have to reveal what's going on with him and that can just be some personal matter, something along the lines to how Carrie was hiding her illness or maybe something that ties in to the story like he has a son that's a terrorist and he's been trying to find/get him out all this time.
:lol:

homeland_105_0331.jpg

iZHC1S9BVUqL6.gif

homelandsaulface2.gif

homeland-star-rips-criminal-minds.jpg

Last edited:
i can put money the daughter will approach the brody about converting to islam. they are putting too many clues about her doing things that are against the religion and her lightly trying to get away from it. ie. she used to smoke and in the most recent episode she told her bf is there anything else to do. she also felt she had to break up with him before she can get with the new kid. slight nuances associated with the religion if she was looking into it.

I figure they should strap a bomb to the daughter. Victim suicide bomber like in Swordfish.

attachment.php
My exact reaction when I was reading ATG's post about Saul being a bad guy.
laugh.gif

Don't know if I could take that if it came to fruition.

As always, another solid episode last night.
pimp.gif

Carrie, you dun goofed.
mean.gif

Just got thru last night's episode. No one plays a crazy woman better than Claire Danes. TOO convincing. :lol:

Man it's getting intense, last weeks episode when Brodie snapped dudes neck :wow: and this past episode with them jumping the gun. Really interested to see where they take it the rest of the season.

Wow, can't believe they exposed Brody already. Can't wait to see how the story unfolds from here...I think Saul or Danny might be the mole. Danny has Lebanese heritage if I remember & that might come into play.

Carrie's crazy face scares me a bit. That ish is too real looking & all manic like....That face alone was worth winning the Emmy...

The show is running out of big reveals at the pace it's going. I'm enjoying it though. I guess the next thing is the mole like folks have been saying, but then what? The whole premise for the show would seem to be gone, and they'll have to move in a new direction (maybe a bigger focus on Abu Nazir?). Anyway, the pacing of this show is a breath of fresh air when most of the other shows I watch move at a snail's pace. Lastly, 100% agreed on the Claire Danes comments. She pulls of psycho like no other.

Danes and Lewis both kill it.

I do think Cranston deserved his 4th straight Emmy over him though, was sad about that. But he's definitely putting in work.

Back
Top Bottom