OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I only saw the box score just now, had no idea...ouch. But considering the circumstances the wings did a lot better than I figured they would.

But now hawks...it's about to go down. GO KINGS GO :evil:

Also kings FB just posted the schedule...games 1 and 2 back to back sat/sun this weekend :x

Not enough gifs in all of the internet for FB's next post.
laugh.gif

Great game! Hats off to the Wings and all of the Detroit fans here. They showed so much heart and to think they were a team that lost one of the greatest players ever, lost Stuart to SJ for practically nothing and weren't able to sign any big name defensemen. I know I am not alone in saying I am glad they will be in the East from here on out. Detroit is going to be filthy next season and I would love a Chicago - Detroit SC Finals sooner rather than later.

Now to the WCF. I've always been an advocate of facing defending champs at some point on your quest to the title. I won't lie, the Kings make me extremely nervous. Anything can happen in the next round and I honestly feel who ever comes out of the West will hoist Lord Stanley (sorry Bruins & Pens fans of nt). I wouldn't be surprised if both series go seven games. Let the final 4 begin!

Chi definitely deserved that. Great comeback in the series

Going to have to agree... Love that the Wings pushed them to 7 games... Defense justwasnt strong enough over the course of the series... A guy like Helm and his speed would have been a great help to the team... Interested to see who moves up from Grand Rapids... Tatar seems like a lock with Jurco possibly getting a look as well... Living 10 mins away from where the Griffs play, I really should go see them play more.

EDIT: Who was the cat on here that skates with Brendan Smith in the offseason??? Make sure you work on basic passing with him and him not taking himself out of every 3rd play... Thanks

Last edited:
:lol:

And if you are Glen Sather, tell me you wouldnt have done the same. All 4 with maybe the exception of Lindros still looked to be major contributors. He got Bure, Lindros, and Jagr for nothing. Signed Holik to a stupid deal, but someone would have had he not.

Something about the bright lights of New York; some bask in them, others shrink.

Along with moronic coaching hires, the Rangers werent even smelling the playoffs for the first few years he was there. Yeah, he had decent signings and good drafts, but overall he has been mediocre. Can't really fault him completely considering our ex drug addict, paranoid, money hungry owner. It's sad and frustrating really, because the Knicks and Rangers are two totally different sports yet managed the same exact way.

I'm hyped for the Conference Finals and I have no horse in the race. Awesome hockey coming up.

Last edited:
I'm actually the opposite, would love to see Pitt's offense up against Quick and company.

I know I said I wanted Iggy to win a cup...but **** that. He's one of them now. :lol:

I want Pittsburgh to lose...and lose BAD.

Bruins in 6.

I'm actually the opposite, would love to see Pitt's offense up against Quick and company.

I know I said I wanted Iggy to win a cup...but **** that. He's one of them now. :lol:

I want Pittsburgh to lose...and lose BAD.

Bruins in 6.

:lol: I didn't even think of that. But another reason I'd like to see the Pens win it. It'd also be hilarious to me to see a Vokoun led team win the Cup :lol:

That's one bar I'll never go to.

DSA: Brooklyn Summer is on point for the weather. Porch Rocker too.

Tried a Magners yesterday. Man card revoked. Tastes like apple juice.

Back
Top Bottom