OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Nice,I'm seeing that that's an issue that tend to run in the subban family :lol:. Habs-B's should get even more interesting once/if he ever climb s up the depth chart.
This and on a non-defenceman related note,I'm also really looking forward to seeing how Ho-Sang does this year.
Josh and MDC gonna kill for the Isles. Tavares gotta be amped for the future.

Josh and MDC gonna kill for the Isles. Tavares gotta be amped for the future.

Yeah they're definitely gonna be a team to look out for in a few years. Hopefully they'll be what the Oilers were supposed to become by now :lol:

Last edited:
Isles are gonna be sick, I can't wait to see how Strome - Nelson - A. Lee, and G. Reinhart do on that team

laugh.gif

^ that's pretty dope

can't wait to do the Toronto and Montreal road trip...not going to be this coming season, but probably next

Isles are gonna be sick, I can't wait to see how Strome - Nelson - A. Lee, and G. Reinhart do on that team

Eh, it's still the Islanders. They definitely do have some promising young talent though. You didn't mention Ho-Sang, who may actually end up the best out of that group.

Traverse City tournament is coming up, and I'm looking forward to seeing Hayes, Duclair, Halverson, and Haggerty in action. Can't believe the season is almost here. So excited for this year. Rangers lost some important pieces in Stralman, Boyle, and Richards to a lesser extent but I feel that Sather/Gorton did a good job filling in those holes with some quality depth players. Will be interesting to see if J.T Miller can step up and fill the 3C hole that Richards left behind.

Well I posted those young isles as the ones who should play on the big club this year. And based on what Strome did for the Tigers and short stint with Isles, he's the real deal over Ho-Sang to me.

Islanders > rags this year

Mark it.

Lol, stop it. You guys will be battling Carolina for last place in the division. As long as your coach is Jack Capuano and Garth Snow is your GM, the Islanders will continue to suck. Although I do like some of the moves the Islanders made this offseason.

Last edited:
Nash is a bum and another year older. Marty obv is ageless but the wall is coming. Teemu hit it hard this past yr and i think next yr Marty might start to slow. The hgh can only help him defy logic so long. Hank is gettin old too. The window is closing fast on alot of those guys. Boom or bust.

The isles young core is SOLID. If they can get the good Halak and some consistant play on the blue line. Faghettabowdit. Obv all predicated on Tavares health. But if hes 100% all year hell be top 3 in pts. Similar to Colorado last yr I think they could be

Last edited:
Yea but Colorado got an all world season from Varlamov, that was the biggest reason they were relevant...that defense was so atrocious, you have faith that Halak can have that kinda impact?

Talking about Colorado, you guys see what MacKinnon looks like these days? I'm glad he's in the West, because he is going to be a phenomenal player...not that he isn't already. Only 19 years old, and starting to bulk up and grow into his frame.

To this offseason:

Last edited:
Nash is a bum and another year older. Marty obv is ageless but the wall is coming. Teemu hit it hard this past yr and i think next yr Marty might start to slow. The hgh can only help him defy logic so long. Hank is gettin old too. The window is closing fast on alot of those guys. Boom or bust.

The isles young core is SOLID. If they can get the good Halak and some consistant play on the blue line. Faghettabowdit. Obv all predicated on Tavares health. But if hes 100% all year hell be top 3 in pts. Similar to Colorado last yr I think they could be

Regarding Nash, you can count on him to have about 30 goals in the regular season, the issue is his piss poor scoring ability in the playoffs. No explanation for that. Have you seen the way Marty is built? I think he was 3 more solid years ahead of him. He also started late, so he doesn't have all the miles on him like most young players do. Hank may also be getting old, but he's still obviously an elite goaltender and will be for the next 4 years or so or more.

I'm also not sold on Halak being a full time starting goalie. Islanders defense is also very suspect.

yeah that's one thing I agree on, other than maybe Lubo and Hamonic playing, that defense is kinda meh.

Whoa...Mac looks like he put on a solid 20 pounds. Should be around 205 or so. That being said, I'm expecting him to finish in the top-10 for points this year. Assuming he has his health.

In other news...NHL 15 is utter trash. EA should be ashamed of themselves in releasing a half-***** product. Game is getting clubbed, and rightfully so.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Saku Koivu retires after 18 seasons
Associated Press

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Saku Koivu retired Wednesday after an 18-year NHL career with the Anaheim Ducks and the Montreal Canadiens.

The four-time Finnish Olympic medalist and cancer survivor announced his decision through the NHL players' association. The Ducks decided they wouldn't attempt to re-sign Koivu earlier in the summer.

The 39-year-old Koivu spent his first 13 NHL seasons with Montreal, becoming the first European-born captain in the Original Six franchise's history in 1999. He signed with the Ducks in 2009, playing five seasons on the West Coast before joining longtime friend Teemu Selanne in retirement.

"All in all, it has been a dream come true," Koivu said in a statement released by the NHLPA. "But what I value the most in hockey is the feeling of being part of a team and the friendships I have made along the way. ... I have been contemplating retirement for quite some time, and am very confident in my decision at this time and place."

Koivu missed nearly the entire 2001-02 season while undergoing treatment for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. He recovered in time to play in the final three games of the regular season, helping Montreal to make the playoffs.

Koivu won the Bill Masterton Trophy in 2002 for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey. He also won the King Clancy Trophy for leadership and humanitarian work in 2007.

He was the Canadiens' captain from 1999 to 2009, tying Jean Beliveau as the longest-serving captain in Montreal history. While never a goal-scoring star, Koivu twice was voted to the NHL All-Star game in recognition of his dependable two-way game.

"My time in Montreal was special beyond playing hockey," Koivu said. "Thank you to the fans and lovely people of Montreal for your support and love, and for providing my family and me with wonderful memories that we will always cherish, as well as the immense support during my illness."

After joining the Ducks as a free agent in 2009, Koivu frequently teamed up on a line with Selanne, his fellow fan favorite in Anaheim.

He cracked the Ducks' franchise top 10 in goals and assists while scoring 191 points in 332 games with Anaheim, but Koivu occasionally struggled with injuries as his scoring production dropped over the past two seasons. Anaheim general manager Bob Murray announced in June that the club wouldn't offer him another contract.

"He was a great attribute to us," Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau said Wednesday. "He's a great human being, and everything he did was well-deserved. I want to congratulate him and thank him for the years."

Koivu had 255 goals and 577 assists in 1,124 career NHL games, but never advanced past the second round of the playoffs. He scored a career-high 75 points for Montreal during the 2006-07 season.

Koivu also served as Finland's team captain for each of his four Olympic trips and several additional international competitions.

Along with three Olympic bronze medals, he earned silver in 2006 after Finland lost to Sweden in the final in Turin. Koivu didn't play for Finland in Sochi this year to preserve his health for the Ducks' season, which ended with a painful seven-game loss in the second round to the eventual Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings.

Koivu previously said he plans to keep living in Irvine, California, with his wife and two children after retirement.

"Orange County has truly been a blessing for us," Koivu said.

Koivu's younger brother, Mikko, is the captain of the Minnesota Wild.

Late night at the office, coworker brought in Sega with NHL 96. Ran with the Sabres and Hasek, won 2-1 and retired undefeated.

EA totally dropped the ball on Next-Gen NHL 15 such a disgrace 

game is not worth $60 like mentioned its missing a lot of game modes 

I did enjoy the 6 hour trial but not a game i will be purchasing anytime soon, not even worth it with the free Gamestop bucks.

will cop come black friday or until its about $30

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom