OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Olympics would be awkward when Physicx, cquan, and myself are the only ones cheering for the winning team...

Chris, I never asked, how did you like Dead Island?

It was solid. Nothing amazing, but it was fairly good. It was hard to stay commited to it, though, as the mission variety was lacking. Contemplating picking up the sequel, but only when the game + DLC come out in a package, and at a discount.

What did I trade you again? I want to say Heavy Rain, but I'm fairly sure that went to Bob.

:lol: that's me.

Enjoyed the little I played, meaning to get around to it more this summer when I have more time.

Slava Voynov
Anze Kopitar
Maxim Lapierre
Alexei Ponikarovsky
Oliver Ekman Larsson
Cal Clutterbuck
Nikolai Khabibulin
Kevin Shattenkirk
Alexander Steen
Jaromir Jagr
Alex Galchenyuk
Johnny Gaudreau (Prospect)
Artem Anisimov
Radim Vrbata
Vladimir Sobotka
Carl Gunnarsson

Those are just some off the top of my head :lol:

Last edited:

Last edited:
^ You had confidence a few days ago, I doubt anything's changed but with the way the Bruins have been dismantling the Pens you still confident the Stanley Cup will be raised by the team that comes out of the West (now assumed to be the Hawks)?

^ You had confidence a few days ago, I doubt anything's changed but with the way the Bruins have been dismantling the Pens you still confident the Stanley Cup will be raised by the team that comes out of the West (now assumed to be the Hawks)?
The Bruins are dismantling a team that had the easiest path to the CF. Pittsburgh is the same exact team that got its tail handed to it last year, except a little more offense. They still have the worst defense and net minders that couldn't stop anything. Boston is going to face a real opponent in the SCF. If it's Chicago they face; I'm very confident in the Hawks chances of winning it all. If the Kings come back to win the WCF; I think they'd easily beat Boston.

The Bruins are dismantling a team that had the easiest path to the CF. Pittsburgh is the same exact team that got its tail handed to it last year, except a little more offense. They still have the worst defense and net minders that couldn't stop anything. Boston is going to face a real opponent in the SCF. If it's Chicago they face; I'm very confident in the Hawks chances of winning it all. If the Kings come back to win the WCF; I think they'd easily beat Boston.

they said this about VAN in 2011 as well (as far as having their way with Boston)...

but let's let Boston get to the cup finals first. we're not there yet...

Last edited:
they said this about VAN in 2011 as well (as far as having their way with Boston)...

With all due respect you yourself didn't believe your squad would get this far and you know very well this isn't 2011. I'm gonna let you marinate though because "if" our squads play in the SC & the Hawks beat the Bruins; I'm going to give you more grief than I've given Lakers & Cubs fans over the years. :tongue: :lol:

With all due respect you yourself didn't believe your squad would get this far and you know very well this isn't 2011. I'm gonna let you marinate though because "if" our squads play in the SC & the Hawks beat the Bruins; I'm going to give you more grief than I've given Lakers & Cubs fans over the years. :tongue: :lol:

:lol: how long ago was that though? and how were both teams playing back then? we were STRUGGLING during that stretch. heading into this round i was more confident in our shot at beating pitt than i was back then, although not up 3-0 in the series confident.

the bigger thing that makes all of this mean absolutely nothing is that East never played West this year. we have so little to base any of this on. even in a normal year it's tough to say, but this year especially. i dunno. like i said, we'll see.

and this isn't 2011, but our team is essentially the same as that 2011 team. goaltending on par, defense arguably better, and offense the same, minus greg campbell. and we have more playoff experience than the 2011 team, that's all :D

i don't think it'd be the cakewalk you're expecting.

Last edited:
btw, when you say "laker and cubs" fans...do you mean grampa CP? :rofl:
Gramps? CP isn't that old :lol: Don't get it twisted in thinking I believe it's going to be a cake walk either. I believe Boston is a great opponent; I'm just confident in the West winning it all. Like you said though, we'll see.

I'll step up.

Once we finish the Pens Mortal Kombat style. Take care of the pesky Kings, and we'll Hulk smash your Hawks next, FB.

Bet a 6-pack on it for the summit.

I'll step up.

Once we finish the Pens Mortal Kombat style. Take care of the pesky Kings, and we'll Hulk smash your Hawks next, FB.

I was waiting for a Bruins fan to say something like this :lol: I do realize I'm completely outnumbered around these parts.

Honestly it's the SCF I dreamed of. I actually like Kaner, Shaw, Seabrook, and Saad, when they're not playing against the B's.

I think Toews would have a nightmare series. And Rask could prove to be the difference over Crawford.

Let's not get ahead. Finish Pens and Kings first.

Looking for a monster game from Looch to set the tone and close out.

I'll step up.

I was waiting for a Bruins fan to say something like this :lol: I do realize I'm completely outnumbered around these parts.

i think everyone here is. There are easily more bruins fan than any other team on here.

At least it feels that way.

Back
Top Bottom