OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I have to count my blessings to have seen The Bruins be in the Stanley Cup Finals twice in three years.

What an amazing series and couldn't believe that The Bruins would keep the big guns of the Penguins scoreless and to sweep them as well. It was just amazing to see.

I hope McQuaid wins the Masterston Trophy because the guy really deserves it. He takes some vicious hits sometimes and he gets right back up. I've always like McQuaid and what he brings to the table. He doesn't bring much offense but he will lay you out and fight for the person next to him.

Krug took a pretty big hit from Bennett and liked that he got right back up, got cleaned up and went right back out. Champ, you posted about Krug's skating. Can you tell me what he did? It was probably the only thing I didn't see. I was probably in the kitchen making something to eat.

The Bruins really kicked into another gear that I have not seen them do since the early stages of the season when they were winning the majority of their games. Lets keep this up B's! Rest up and get ready for another hard fought series.

WE WANT THE CUP!

Sens trade rights to Gonchar to Dallas...

way off topic. was up obscenely early and playing NHL 13. this is the greatest Sports game ever made. period.
Wow, awesome news on Gonchar. Got the rights for a 6th, and will hopefully be able to sign him to a 2-year deal.

I love NHL 13. Bought it used though and didn't get the online pass :smh:

I stick by my ole mantra, can never feel bad for someone making millions playing a game. That being said, Cindy needs to retire now and hang on to life. This guy is going to be killed if he keeps playing the game. You mix frailty with a sense of entitlement and you have Cindy skating around without his head on a swivel, getting laid out. And what doesn't make me sympathetic is his constant cheap shots to players like Marchand and Jagr. Good caree son, but it's time to say goodbye.

So now that the Bruins are in the SC Finals, how do the Boston fans feel about getting Jagr instead of Iginla? Feel like things still would have ended the same either way?

It wasn't a bad consolation prize to either one of them but I'm glad that Iginla decided to go to Pittsburgh instead of Boston. Jagr definitely helped on the PP even though we did not score a goal against The Penguins but he has the skill to stick handle with the puck, wait and either pass the puck to the open guy or shoot it.

Iginla might have the upper hand in terms of speed but Jagr played some great defense and he changed his game to play within the Boston system. He was battling out there and even though he was not rewarded with a goal, he made some great feeds to win us the game.

Both powerplays combined to go 0-28 this series too :wow: :lol: Tuuka was easily the MVP of that series dude was ridiculous, Neal + Crosby + Malkin combined for ZERO points, I wonder how much you could've made making that bet before that series sheesh. Bruins are gonna be a tough out for either LA or Chi, they definitely would've loved the chance to play the Pens over them. I still hope LA makes a comeback b/c of the former Flyers but it's looking bleak, I like Kane and Toews too but I'm partial since they beat us in 2010. Finals should be great regardless though :smokin :smokin

Slightly OT but I keep hearing chatter of the Flyers and Pens trying to get the Winter Classic at Beaver Stadium at Penn St. LAWD :x :x :x that would be INSANE!! Those in PA know, this state is split and Penn St. is kind of midway between the cities, man I'm definitely gonna be in the building for that whenever it comes

Gonchar just inked to a 2 yr deal

Good signing for the Stars. They really needed some offensive punch on the blue line. Alex Goligoski is a capable offensive defenseman but Gonchar is much better of controlling the puck and getting pucks on net. Everytime I see Alex carry the puck to the attacking zone, he's always getting leveled.

i just killed 4 doritos tacos (2 of each kind), 3 double decker tacos, and a supreme burrito from taco bell. i love taco bell. i love taco bell after a bruins win. and i love shutting sidney crosby down. what a night.

so how's your stomach this morning, bro? :lol:

Last edited:
I stick by my ole mantra, can never feel bad for someone making millions playing a game. That being said, Cindy needs to retire now and hang on to life. This guy is going to be killed if he keeps playing the game. You mix frailty with a sense of entitlement and you have Cindy skating around without his head on a swivel, getting laid out. And what doesn't make me sympathetic is his constant cheap shots to players like Marchand and Jagr. Good caree son, but it's time to say goodbye.

How does one even begin to respond to this nonsense

This board has been asking for the PA matchup in the Valley for years. Would be crazy

Still mad at Toronto :lol:

How does one even begin to respond to this nonsense

This board has been asking for the PA matchup in the Valley for years. Would be crazy

Still mad at Toronto
laugh.gif

i just killed 4 doritos tacos (2 of each kind), 3 double decker tacos, and a supreme burrito from taco bell. i love taco bell. i love taco bell after a bruins win. and i love shutting sidney crosby down. what a night.

so how's your stomach this morning, bro? :lol:

surprisingly OK. like i apparently said, i love taco bell :lol:

Sorry for the Twitter barrage. Best friends birthday, got blackout and karaoke'd AFI at a bar. :smh: :lol:

+1...minus the karaoke :lol:

don't really prefer kings or blackhawks either way, but just want LA to extend that series a bit.

FOH with that bs! Is tengoeljugode  one of Marleys countless sn's?

FOH with that bs! Is tengoeljugode one of Marleys countless sn's?

yes he is

I'll step up.

Once we finish the Pens Mortal Kombat style. Take care of the pesky Kings, and we'll Hulk smash your Hawks next, FB.

Bet a 6-pack on it for the summit.
I was waiting for a Bruins fan to say something like this :lol: I do realize I'm completely outnumbered around these parts.

i think everyone here is. There are easily more bruins fan than any other team on here.

At least it feels that way.

FB: do you mean on NT or in CA? :lol:

there's only a handful of us on the board.

Was with a Pens fan who randomly punched some dude in the face when he found out they lost. Pretty fun scrap but got us kicked out of a bar.

Was he surprised or something? And who just punches some without any buildup? That is like my nightmare cause I feel I can always get out of the situation :lol:

Solemate: It was the stretch right after Krug's lip busted open.

He was gaining the zone repeatedly with fancy puck work. Even put a nice shot after a long skate from the left side.

Krug was also skating out of his own zone with ease, which has become a regular spectacle in the 2013 Playoffs.

Solemate: It was the stretch right after Krug's lip busted open.

He was gaining the zone repeatedly with fancy puck work. Even put a nice shot after a long skate from the left side.

Krug was also skating out of his own zone with ease, which has become a regular spectacle in the 2013 Playoffs.

So true. Krug has been that "puck-moving defenseman" the Bruins have been searching for a long time now.

Was with a Pens fan who randomly punched some dude in the face when he found out they lost. Pretty fun scrap but got us kicked out of a bar.

Was he surprised or something? And who just punches some without any buildup? That is like my nightmare cause I feel I can always get out of the situation :lol:

No, but he does have a violent streak and the guy was beaking him about it. Doesnt help we were fairly inebriated at that point.

No, but he does have a violent streak and the guy was beaking him about it. Doesnt help we were fairly inebriated at that point.

Your friend sounds like he would be a perfect dodger or raider fan lol. I got a friend like that who's a loose cannon when he has a few drinks to many, its provided for some hilarious moments and some moments where **** hit the fan.

That said I'm about to grub and pick up a few beers for tonight and hopefully ill be a happy drunk around 8pm Cali time tonight.

Back
Top Bottom