OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Hats off to Vokoun. Surprised the heck outta me.

Quick and Henrik the only two goalies I can place before Rask right now.

Wow at the penguins bruins series. I don't recall the pens ever having the lead at all in any of the games.

Incredible series by Rask, if they win it all it will be remembered for a long time. Legendary type stuff to stop that offense. Good luck to Boston (no idea who I'll pull for between Chi/Bos), goodbye Jarome, Brenden, Marc and others, goodbye Dan.

Went through my posts from last night and saw that I said the kings are getting the win tomorrow night for sure. Never post on Niketalk while extremely intoxicated lol

That said, I hope the Kings suprise me tomorrow night. Chicago has been outplaying them though and completely deserves to be in the position their in. Quick has played his butt off and he can only do so much when the team is turning the pick over in its own zone regularly and the offense has just gone to sleep.

With the exception of game 2 against San Jose, the Kings haven't scored more then 2 goals in a game not including empty netters since the start of the San Jose series.

I think their going to play hard tomorrow but unless quick shuts them out completely, only scoring 1-2 goals isn't going to get the job done against a team like the Blackhawks.

So now that the Bruins are in the SC Finals, how do the Boston fans feel about getting Jagr instead of Iginla? Feel like things still would have ended the same either way?

So now that the Bruins are in the SC Finals, how do the Boston fans feel about getting Jagr instead of Iginla? Feel like things still would have ended the same either way?

to be completely honest....i don't think you can point to one versus the other as to why we won the series. i can speak for Jagr as a Bruins fan...he's been great for us. he's not putting the puck in the net, but he's been big for us. it's easier to say now, obviously, but jagr's ability actually suits us more than jarome. our whole game plan is possession, and Jagr is does just that.

i just killed 4 doritos tacos (2 of each kind), 3 double decker tacos, and a supreme burrito from taco bell. i love taco bell. i love taco bell after a bruins win. and i love shutting sidney crosby down. what a night.

yes, i had a beer or eight tonight, what of it? :lol:

btw...Adam McQuaid is THEEEE last person i'd expect to win this series

Last edited:
crosbypain_medium.gif

Vicious hit Crosby took last night. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised it its revealed that he has a concussion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but in the new CBA, aren't players supposed to go through baseline tests in the locker room after hits like that? If I remember correctly, Crosby had his head down on the bench and the trainers were just talking to him.

Last night might have been a RG3 type of situation where Crosby didn't want to pull himself out of a critical game.

As Gunna said last night, it would be a shame if he goes down the Lindros path. For as much as I hate the Pens and dislike Crosby, he needs to be on the ice. He's the best player in the world and the NHL has to have him out there....I hope he's OK.

Sens trade rights to Gonchar to Dallas...

way off topic. was up obscenely early and playing NHL 13. this is the greatest Sports game ever made. period.

Last edited:
Damn I guess I should be happy the rangers even got 1

Amazing to think how different things would be if Toronto won.

Back
Top Bottom