OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

It's not going to happen, but if the Kings were to somehow comeback and win this game I will PayPal the first person who quotes this $20 later this week.

Wow, Chicago looks good tonight

And on the Crosby discussion, don't mistake the media's obsession with him as the way everyone feels about him. I know more people that hate and actively root against him than cheer for him just because of the way he acts on the ice.

I agree. Though just one point that I do take into consideration with some of his actions. This guys has been cheered against, jeered, and targeted every game since he was probably 10. From parents loudly cheering against him as a kid, opponents taking small cheap shots at all times, and fans constantly chanting demeaning taunts. Hard to imagine how that feels and the built up frustration he must have. Not excusing his actions but I do consider that when he acts out. People are cruel. That said he HAS to regain some composure (along with Geno) for game 2

Only silver linings for me, they didn't quit, and finally scored on a power play. Go back to LA and hopefully even this up

I agree. Though just one point that I do take into consideration with some of his actions. This guys has been cheered against, jeered, and targeted every game since he was probably 10. From parents loudly cheering against him as a kid, opponents taking small cheap shots at all times, and fans constantly chanting demeaning taunts. Hard to imagine how that feels and the built up frustration he must have. Not excusing his actions but I do consider that when he acts out. People are cruel. That said he HAS to regain some composure (along with Geno) for game 2

Good point, I had not considered that.

While I don't like the way he acts some time I still appreciate what a talented player he is.
I just wanted to point out that there is a significant amount of people that don't view him the same way as the media which can reach Tebow levels at times. One example being in late January Pittsburgh was set to play in Winnipeg here in what was Crosby's first game in this city. The top story on Sportscentre was about how Crosby decided to walk to the MTS Centre instead of take the bus :rolleyes it was really cold that day so apparently it was a big deal, even though its something we do every day :lol:

so some of the hate also has to do with the media blowing up absolutely everything he does

Hawks looked real good tonight. :pimp:

Gotta go into LA and play the same way.

As a kings fan ill say this, if the Blackhawks just so much as split in LA, this series is all but a wrap given the kings subpar road performances this season. They look like a team worn out right now and needed every bit of home ice to get past San Jose. The back to back wore em out but that's no excuse as Chicago had to come back down 3-1 and play the same back to back games as well.

2-0 is a tough hole to be in but I'm confident the kings can make this 2-2 after Thursday night. Winning a game in Chicago, I can't say I have the same confidence about that.

But give Chicago credit to put up 4 on Quick is impressive. Lets see what happens Tuesday night.

I would say "at least it's coming back to LA" but these are not the Blues or Sharks.

Chicago's offense is just out of this world. One silver lining is Toffoli, this kid can play. Amazing stick work, amazing hands.... (no pierre mcguire)

I still don't know if Anze Kopitar is nursing his knee or what's going on because he's obviously hurting.... His offense is gone.

Quick got ran out because of his teammates lack of effort.... How many odd man rushes did Chicago have? So frustrating.

It's a different sport but Chicagos playoffs so far has reminded me of the 08 celtics run to an extent. Dominated all season but looked subpar in the first 2 rounds only to come on strong as the playoffs progressed.

All that said, Chicago hasn't looked as good on the road as they have at home so far this playoffs. Had they had their usual day off between games 1 and 2 and lost the way they did I'd be more worried but Chicago was on a roll and the lack of time to make adjustments was beneficial to them when their playing they way they were.

Home ice and a day off to make adjustments and see what went wrong will be very beneficial to the kings.

Pittsburgh Boston should be good tonight. Will be flipping back and forth between that and Heat Pacers this evening.

Don't even want to watch if the Pens act like they did last game. If they want to show some poise and just play then I will keep it on. F'ing Toronto, couldn't finish the job and now Pitt has to deal with the one team I wanted to avoid :smh:

Heck of a play by Jarome there

Lord here comes MAF. Did Dan see those goals? What could TV do?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm afraid this might be over...Boston's defense is too strong...at least now I can focus on the heat pacers :lol:

Had to get caught up on GoT ( :wow: )...just turning on the game now and see the pens are down 4-1.

cain-smile-frown.gif

Just worry about making those Geico commercial JJs

I kid, I kid

Last edited:
Wow at this Pittsburgh game.

Conference Finals have been very one sided so far when I'm sure everyone thought they would be anything but that

Look at the difference in goals given up. How in the hell can you start MAF next game? Pitt will be looking for a new coach next year

Back
Top Bottom