OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Chicago / Boston Final?

Chicago / Boston Final?

Seriously dude.

With this, the Heat winning and the Yankees sucking HARD lately... **** sports right now.

Edit: I dont hate the Hawks but i rather they lose cause .. Just cause ... I know i will learn to dislike them more when the realignment comes though. Much rather the Kings but ... w/e :smh:

Last edited:
:pimp:

still a lot of series left to play, but obviously couldn't have asked for more as a boston fan. lit them the **** up in pitt...let's keep it rolling at home :pimp:

Pittsburgh is getting swept and Deadset is still handing them the cup. I love it!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
^ You think the Blackhawks would rather play the Bruins then? Who would you rather?

at this point i think the penguins are the prefered opponent for whoever comes out the west. that goalie situation for them is:x however you slice it and the bruins have been on a roll since about 5 minutes left in the 3rd period in game 7 against toronto.

i wouldn't go as far as saying pittsburgh is finished as we've seen teams in the nhl drop the first 2 at home the playoffs and win the next 2 on the road in the past but the way they got steamrolled at home these past 2 games, they look finished, and the warning signs were there the way they struggled with the islanders in the first round imo. that offense can score goals against average goalies but when it goes against a decent goalie, their in trouble and don't have the goaltending to keep up in the case their offense struggles.

pittsburgh is in trouble right now though. i think the west finals can still be a competetive series but pittsburgh looks finished as of now.

You couldn't ask for a better Game 2. It's going to take two from them in the road but there is still two more to go. As we get deeper into the playoffs, the top two lines are just tearing it up. Nathan Horton has really impressed me and you can definitely see that smile on his face when he is on his game. Good to see Jagr on the score sheet with some good physical play on the first one and some skill on the second one.

The usual suspects came out and produced like they were supposed to. Good solid, physical play on the defensive end. I really have enjoyed the so-called "fourth line". Greg Campbell is the guy that starts it all. He is an unsung hero and can move up and down the lineup. The Merlot Line should be the third line. That line is playing great.

The defensemen played a solid two-way game. I saw good defensive zone passing to get the puck up the ice. All in all, good marks from the defense corps to move the puck up to the forwards. I said that Krug would have a good series if he contributes on the power play and he kind of did. Krug got nailed by Orpik right after his penalty expired for the second goal of the game by Horton. Good job of the kid of keeping it in the zone, taking a hit to make a play and getting rewarded for his efforts.

I didn't expect The B''s to take two out in Pittsburgh. If The Bruins can play like how they did in Game 1, they have the ability to sweep but most likely in five games. Pittsburgh is still a great team. Vokoun is a much better goalie. He was left out to dry on his goals. Fleury should've saved that second Marchand goal. His reaction time was dumb slow on that one.

Fleury came in and IMMEDIATELY got sniped by Marchand :lol:...I don't even know who Bylsma puts in net game 3 to be honest...Crosby didn't even have a good game. At this point I'd be shocked if the Pens are able to win a game in this series with how well the Bruins are playing. Their defense and offensive output (due to the Pens complete collapse in the net and in defense) is way too much to overcome. I guess he goes back to Vokoun? Cuz MAF's confidence is totaly shattered, I figured it'd get worse once they put him in, combination of rust and overthinking, and whatnot :smh:

Both series are 2-0 but difference is Quick is an excellent goalie and Fleury/Vokoun aren't, I'd bet Quick bounces back for the rest of that series but how can the Pens players even have confidence in their goaltending right now? I still hope the Kings come back but if Boston keeps this up the Cup might be theirs, or at least I'd make them favorites against LA or Chi (not by much). If the Pens can some how right the ship in game 3 maybe we'll have a series but I don't see it at all game 2 was :x :x and at home too

It's not just the goaltending, but it's the Penguins overall defense that's poor.

It's not just the goaltending, but it's the Penguins overall defense that's poor.

Yeah definitely true, Horton's goal last night was awful...3 pens players just standing by the crease, there's a lot to fix there in a short time

The first and last goal MAF gave up were pathetic for a professional goalie. Only good news is 5mil/year will be off the books next year :lol:

Team is lost and isn't defensively tough. Tht is what wins in the playoffs because you can't score your way to a Cup. Worst game I've seen Sid okay in a long time.

marchand heating up at the right time :pimp:

krejci continues to be a post season force. big time player. same with horton for us. he just keeps putting the puck in the net. that passing between lucic, horton, and krejci on krejci's goal was amazing.

tuukka will need to be even better going forward.

If there's one team that can come back from this it's them, but seeing how badly they were outplayed in Game 2 doesn't sit well.....

1 game at a time. It's a different team on home ice but Chicago is a better team then st Louis and San Jose on the road.

That said at least their not in the hole Pittsburgh is in right now

Carolina Hurricanes uniform reveal was met with mixed reaction. I for one like them. They're clean and simple and the tacky Hurricane flags along the bottom have been removed. The Dallas Stars are doing theirs tonight as well.

Back
Top Bottom