OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Rangers did More than I expected in the playoffs.

I thought they woulda been out early vs Caps.

I expect Big things from BlueShirts next season.

Stepan Kreider & Brassard are the future . Kreider absolutely has to be allowed to stay w/ the team the entire yr.

I could go for some fresh faces, especially on the back end.

MY only problem with Nash during playoffs was his willingness to be on the fringe and out high during power plays, with his hands and his skill, he would be much better served as a slot guy who drifts down to the goal line like Ovi does.

far too often he was cycling up to the blue line and hanging out by the boards.

With his hands, he should be able to cash in on rebounds and knock down shots that dont get to the goalie.

anyway, Henrik never disappointed. He is as good a Goalie as Ive ever seen.

hawks rolling right now...FB breathing a little easier now
laugh.gif
I am breathing just fine.
laugh.gif
 Unlike all of the so-called experts I knew this series was going to be a nail biter. Detroit gave Chicago their first 3 game losing streak of the season & imo woke them up. Chicago half-assed it against Minnesota and still barely broke a sweat, this series was definitely going to be the opposite of that.
good win but I have no faith we will win at Detroit
You're sounding like a Cubs fan with that bs! Keep that defeated mentality for the lame football & baseball teams in the Windy City my dude.

Now that the Stars have the Bruins' first rounder, I wouldn't be surprised to see some picks get packaged for the Stars to move in to the top 3.

With four picks in the top 50ish picks, they probably have enough to package with a prospect or two to move up. Given Nill's preference for development and as deep as this draft is, I don't know how realistic moving up is, but I know they love MacKinnon.

Last edited:
I think thats the first time i ever heard a "Defense! .... Defense!... Defense!...." chant in a hockey game :lol:

Last edited:
Well that sucked. The 2013 kings, masters of losing by one goal on the road this playoffs.

Hopefully they take care of business at home Tuesday. Stupid penalties leading to 5 on 3's in this game and game 3. Straight unacceptable.

So frustrating seeing the kings unable to get out of their own zone without turning it over. Need to come out hard and score more than 2 goals in game 7

They need to get on the board early in game 7. Falling behind early in the first period in all 3 road games really set the tempo in San Jose's favor the rest of the game.

Its been 2 different series, the games in LA and the games in San Jose. I think the kings pull it out but seeing that caps/rangers series play out in similar fashion through 6 only for the caps to get washed at home in game 7 kinda has me on edge.

We'll see what happens Tuesday I guess

Couple early stupid penalties determine the fate of game 6.

Kings playing much better at home this year, so I'm a bit confident they can pull it off.

With four picks in the top 50ish picks, they probably have enough to package with a prospect or two to move up. Given Nill's preference for development and as deep as this draft is, I don't know how realistic moving up is, but I know they love MacKinnon.

They can't move into the top 3 with that package of picks.

Mackinnon, Jones and Drouin are as close to sure things as they come in the NHL Entry Draft. Colorado, Florida and Tampa will be asking for considerably more than that.

I'm just going based off of this value table: http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/4/25/4262594/nhl-draft-pick-value-trading-up

I'm not sure there are many GMs that would be willing to give up that much plus whatever else to move into the top 3 though (because like you said, one of those three will require more than traditional value). After looking at Nill and the way Detroit has drafted a bit more, it actually seems a lot more likely that the Stars try to trade back out of the 10 pick.

Empire, is Gulatzan gonna get an interview in Vancouver?

Back
Top Bottom