OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Everyone in NY thinks he deserves better JJ. This isn't melo where half the ppl think he's a superstar and the other half think he's all hype and doesn't make anyone better. Henrik is the ******g real deal. Every rangers fan knows hes the only reason we even win series. (plus cally fans love cally and he sets the attitude and has crazy courage blocking shots)

I'm not saying he's Brodeur. But he's amazing.

I think it might be torts more than sather honestly. Which I never thought I'd say.

Personally, I think he's the best goalie in the world. He actually puts the team on his back night after night and CONSTANTLY bails out the defense. Take him off the Rangers, and they don't sniff the playoffs.

I really think all this team needs is a coach who is creative offensively and can bolster the PP. Rangers have way too much talent to be this inept. All this team needs is scoring. Hank will do the rest.

Not to kick a team when they're down but they said that last year and Nash was supposed to be the key to the next step. I know the pieces they got for Gabs have been great so far but what Dan Boyle could have done for this team would have been enormous for the PP. I never really agreed with this before but after these 3 games I can see the frustration with Torts.

Richards drop off has been staggering. I loved watching him last year. He fell off the face of the earth I dunno if it was a lock out or age caught up fast

Rangers terrible PP is the biggest reason for Richards drop-off IMO. Wouldn't doubt it if the lockout did also have a negative effect on him. He was on the negotiating committee too. I'd give him a full camp and preseason before totally writing him off.

Definitely would agree with best keeper today. Dude is so solid. Tough series I really thought this would go at least 6

great effort overall. merlot line and the young'ns continue to shine. Krug is playing his way into a contract with the big club next year.

Jonny Boychuk continues to be a stud for us. Been huge in the absence of Seidenberg. thought Seguin played good overall, he just needs one to sneak in to get it going.

Probably takes the restraint of R.Kelly at a chuck e. cheese ball pit for Lundqvist to not slap the **** outta every member of the rangers defense during the intermission.

same **** 2 consecutive games.

this is disgusting.

Especially Mcdonagh & Girardi ,they are better than this.

MDZ has been a bag of **** this entire year

Krug is skating and playing out of his mind.

Yes, he is. And he can get shots to the net which is what every Bruins defensemen was unable to do. Chara can lay bombs but he's always missing most of the times. His skating is unbelievable and really gives the back end a totally different style of play. He deserves to be in the lineup night-in and night-out.

Not to kick a team when they're down but they said that last year and Nash was supposed to be the key to the next step. I know the pieces they got for Gabs have been great so far but what Dan Boyle could have done for this team would have been enormous for the PP. I never really agreed with this before but after these 3 games I can see the frustration with Torts.

They absolutely need a QB on that PP. I really think Torts is as good as gone.

Saw this on PD:

The Bruins didn’t receive a power play in Game 3, the second time a visiting team went a full game at MSG without earning one this postseason. …

How many PPs did the Rangers get?

You do know that the Rangers were the least penalized team this yr right?

Idk why you keep bringing up the ref thing as if they are trying to help the Rangers win... Cause clearly it hasnt in any way shape or form. And last game, both sides got away with a lot.

Last edited:
I think 2. The only missed call i remember was a high stick on charra that would have been 4 minutes. We do play controlled hockey. It's not all a gift.

Last edited:
You do know that the Rangers were the least penalized team this yr right?

Idk why you keep bringing up the ref thing as if they are trying to help the Rangers win... Cause clearly it hasnt in any way shape or form. And last game, both sides got away with a lot.

I didn't even pay any attention to last night penalty discrepancy until I read about it on PD this morning. It's a big deal and a bit strange. I watched bits and pieces of the game, but for anyone who watched the whole thing, were there any blatant calls that were missed?

Even with the Rangers being the least penalized team, it's still a bit curious (where PPs are SO precious) that they've gone penalty-free 2x at home.

It was bad for both sides last night.

Even being the least penalized team in the regular season, two games with no penalties would raise an eyebrow with any team.

It's a big deal if the refs have an agenda and deceitfulness is occurring...but is that the case?

I personally thought it was worse against Washington but it hasn't been that outrageous. It's been bad on both sides in a good amount of series. THAT should be looked into.

Kings had their worst game and their best period (3rd) of the series last night. Go Figure :lol:

Top line needs to step up, 3rd and 4th lines are not energized at all. Stoll's absence really hits when you are losing faceoffs by double digits. :smh:

Saw this on PD:

The Bruins didn’t receive a power play in Game 3, the second time a visiting team went a full game at MSG without earning one this postseason. …

How many PPs did the Rangers get?

The Rangers are not a physical team. they barely play the body their M.O. is to get in lanes and block shots.

Do you watch many ranger games? they hardly ever take penalties. Its a gift and a curse. Teams get physical and there is very little reaction or retaliation.

game 2 I think there was 1 penalty on NYR (could be wrong) and that wasDorsett's fighting major which was Late in the game

The refs arent missing calls.

Last edited:
The Rangers are not a physical team. they barely play the body their M.O. is to get in lanes and block shots.

Do you watch many ranger games? they hardly ever take penalties. Its a gift and a curse. Teams get physical and there is very little reaction or retaliation.

game 2 I think there was 1 penalty on NYR (could be wrong) and that wasDorsett's fighting major which was Late in the game

The refs arent missing calls.

I legit didn't know...

Lemme ask you...you think Torts is coming back?

Back
Top Bottom