OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I get angry just seeing this ****boys face now :smh:

WTF. Hall for Larsson? :x Then again, it is EDM. :lol: But he is coming to form so there's that

PK being traded though :smh: stupid stupid

Also, I can never get a decent deal in EA NHL, TNS lol. But when the CPU offers you, it's like a 7th round pick for Zach Parise or something :x

Last edited:

Bob McKenzie's talking about how Weber is a starting D-man on team Canada compared to PK like a lot of it isn't politics :lol: :smh:

Nashville came the hell up man this last year,Ryan Johansen and PK :x

Last edited:
Hall for Larsson in a vacuum makes no sense. But considering that EDM is forward rich and defense poor, the deal makes sense to me. Larsson hasn't lived up to his billing but he's still young at 23 so there's hope. defensemen in general take longer come into their own. i get the move from EDM's perspective. EDM seemed set on unloading Hall anyway and has been for a while it seems given the rumors that constantly pop up for the last two trade deadlines/offseasons. clearly, they were ready to just make it happen.

i can accept that one.

PK for Weber? nah. i'm dumbfounded, man :lol:

Last edited:
Edmonton was so far backed into a corner, after a decade of failing, they weren't "winning" ANY trade. That and a lack of available young top 4 RHD means they were going to overpay no matter what. If they sign Lucic and Demers as they are rumored to, they are a better team than they were yesterday, without a doubt. I'd have them right there with Anaheim for the 3rd playoff spot in the Pacific.

All I'll say about Weber v. Subban is I know which one I'd rather go against in a playoff series and that's PK. Weber is the closest thing to Pronger left in today's game. I've witnessed first hand how tough he makes it for forwards to earn their space on the ice. He's a dirty SOB. Nashville won the deal value wise, but I think Montreal ends up having more playoff success in the short term.

Last edited:
Subban deserved better. Glad he's out of MTL. Hope he flourishes in Nashville.

Also, Oilers are dumb. Not on some forsberg for Erat-steez dumb, but dumb in their own way.

Hall gonna lead the Devils EASILY in scoring next year. With 47 points. I kid...i kid.

Last edited:
Taylor Hall going to be playing with extra motivation next year....

"It's tough," he said in a conference call. "I have a pretty deep connection to the city of Edmonton. I felt I did everything I could there, so it's pretty hard not to feel slighted, not to feel a little disappointed with the way everything shook out. That's hockey."

"I'm a proud person and I take this as an indictment of me as a hockey player. I don't think there is any other way to treat it. I think it's safe to say I am a very motivated player right now."

Hall said he felt that the trade focused the blame on him for the Oilers' losing seasons. He said he expressed his disappointment to Oilers general manager Peter Chiarelli after being informed of the trade.

I wish that kid the best.

Its hard after all that losing to not feel liberated from all that poison in EDM..
Id be happy AF..

EDM according to several insiders, are NOT done.

MIN in the mix for probably RNH, still.

Pipe dream: Leon Draisitl.

dog. i would give up ANYONE on Boston not named Bergeron for Draistl. maybe not Krejci...but i could be consoled

Last edited:
:wow

As a sens fan I never could cheer for subban but always felt he could have been treated a bit better. I understand it's a business at the end of the day , but even from a business stand point this trade makes 0 sense.

I hope PK comes back to the east eventually,

I'll welcome him with open arms in Ottawa and wouldn't even be mad if he went to Toronto with the sole purpose of ******** on Montreal. Hopefully PK will get a cup before the Habs and have the last laugh.

Edmonton on the other hand made a smart move today. About time.

"I am convinced this will make the Canadiens a better team"- MB

C'mon Bergevin :rofl:

the cloudy part is that they've added Shaw. and I'm seeing Backes rumors as well.

if they subtract PK and Ellers and add Weber, Shaw, and Backes...in the short run they would be better IMO

all that said, i still don't get the move to dump PK :lol:

Last edited:
Although I am a fan of both defensemen, I would have to side with PK more even though I saw PK more because I live in Boston. However, I've been watching Shea for awhile now but I would still side with PK more because PK is more mobile and younger as well. I don't want to derail this thread but I just have a feeling that race was involved in this trade as well. MB and MT from all the interviews and body language from before always indicated to me that they never like PK because he was black and not because of the player that he is. Mix that with PK's personality and he was ready to be shipped out.

I love me some Shea Weber but I can't root for the Habs. I've always loved the Predators because of their deep talent pool of defenseman and their D core is looking even better now. Imagine if Jones and PK were on the same team? That's a great black D pairing right there.

Subban/Josi
Ellis/Ekholm
Jackman/Random D

That's a very good top 4 right there.

Ehh I don't know if it had as much to do with race than it did with the clash of personal alibis between him and MT.

MT never liked him dating back from his RDS days as an analyst before being hired. He always used to pick out PK to criticize and that continued publicly when he became the coach. I doubt MB personally had beef with PK,he did make him the highest paid D-man for a bit a while back and he was the face of the franchise along with Price. It's moreso that he wanted to back his coach up imo which is still BS since MT should've been fired after last season :smh:

Happy that PK's at least gonna get the chance to shine under a coach that actually wants him and will play to his strengths. Dude has a colorful personality that seems to rub the traditionalists the wrong wayeven though he's nothing but class off the ice and does a lot for the community,race probably has a factor in a lot of the criticism though imo. It reminds me of the"play the right way" crowd in Baseball :rolleyes

Last edited:
PK's "personality" rubbed a lot of folks in the Canadiens org the wrong way. He deserved much better than the way he's been treated. Dude should turn full heel, get his US citizenship and represent Team USA in the next olympics. All jokes aside, they'll embrace the hell out of him in Nashville. I've been saying it for years, but he should be one of the faces of the league. He's one of the best at his position, got the diversity thing down pat, and has an outgoing personality. Triple-threat right there. Flourish in Nashville, PK.

The thing is, its still Nashville. :lol: The South.

If it was NJ, NY, a CA team, or another other midwest team.. man oh man... The boy would be a HIT here in the states without a doubt.

I always had this weird 'dream' of him and Sid playing in Pitt. Ah well, it was a random pipe dream but good for him. I usually get to a Preds game every year or two, hopefully get to see him play

Back
Top Bottom